Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Machamp need supporter to counter randoms !

Hi guys !

After rotation I am still thinking about one thing - what is BDIF - and I get quick and easy answer that still is Lady GaGa. I like that deck pretty enough, but I would like to avoid many mirrors, which I expect a lot of. So I decided that I would like to play strong line of Machamp, something like 4331 with 3-4 BTS to avoid some Tomb / Vileplume lock on my RC. But I think that my deck will have a lot of problems with random decks, so I would like to play some support stage 1 line to counter these matchups, but main problem is : What is random deck on current field ? My Machamp deck should be played more controly - I really dont like its "all in" style like Unown R - Pkmn Rescue - Uxie - Drawer+ draw engine and therefore I dont have problem to play something like 4x starter, probably Spiritomb.

So here are my questions :

What is for you random deck that you expect in MD-UD field and what are some tier2 deck that can be effectively used, but aren't so well know ?

How would you counter them in form of stage 1 mostly ?

THX 4 answers !

I what is even going on here

Firstly no one calls it lady gaga anymore because they figured out that naming the BDIF after such a strange person, phenomenal or not, is really just not that smart ("I'm playing Lady Gaga" does not start conversations well)

Secondly, you cannot throw a 4-3-3-1 Machamp into Luxchomp. Hooooly bajeez what kind of Luxchomp are you playing that has 11 card spots (plus candies and BTS) to throw away?!

Luxchomp mirror is the most fun way to play Luxchomp IMO, every other match is just kind of trash because you spray Uxies and then laugh at everything else they do.

Thirdly, don't ask on Pokegym about decks that you don't want to be well-known. Come up with something yourself, instead of throwing a topic out there that now thousands of competitive players will read.

Fourthly, you counter tier 2 decks by having a solid tier 1 deck.

And finally, if you don't want to play Luxchomp, you can play Sableye, which has a relatively solid Luxchomp matchup.

Edit: Rereading and thinking about it, I think you are asking about what goes well with Machamp to counter random decks. The short answer is nothing - if you sacrifice any speed to add some other line, SP will outspeed you and they already aren't very scared of Machamp anyway.

Back