Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Machamp :PP

Mama_Luigi

Machamp :fighting: 130
Stage 2 Evolves from Machoke

:pbody: Time to Train
This pokemon must evolve directly from machoke.
:fighting::colorless::colorless: Beat Down
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's pokemon. (Do not apply weakness or resistance to benched pokemon.
:fighting::fighting::colorless::colorless: BLISTERING FURY
Choose one of your opponent's pokemon with fewer remaining hp than this pokemon. That pokemon is now knocked out.
Weakness :psychic: Resistence........ Retreat Cost :colorless::colorless::colorless:

Last edited:
Nice! Seems OP at first glance, but it's balanced in the form of its Poke-Body, and the :fighting::fighting::colorless::colorless: cost. Likely, you'll KO 1 Pokemon, and then Machamp gets KO'd (if it isn't KO'd already). I like it!

Blistering fury needs a nerf... either the pokemon should either have a) less energy cards attached to it than machamp (you can still snipe stage 2s on the bench) or b) the pokemon must have less remaining HP than machamp.

Either way, it would be super broken to fighting tag afterwards with machamp prime.

how I would play this: T1 machop active, oddish benched attach :fighting: to machop. T2: rare candy oddish into vileplume w/ allergy flower, then use junk arm to get candy/other candy to get machop into machamp, attach :colorless::colorless: to machamp. use its first move. T3:attach :fighting: to machamp use second move. repeat T3 tactics. Several turns later: GG.

EDIT: In between I would probably use a few potions on machamp.

how I would play this: T1 machop active, oddish benched attach :fighting: to machop. T2: rare candy oddish into vileplume w/ allergy flower, then use junk arm to get candy/other candy to get machop into machamp, attach :colorless::colorless: to machamp. use its first move. T3:attach :fighting: to machamp use second move. repeat T3 tactics. Several turns later: GG.

EDIT: In between I would probably use a few potions on machamp.

But the body directly prevents that, candying into the champ. Not to mention, you can't junk arm or candy, since you candied into a vileplume.

Back