Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Magmortar, the Silent Assasin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Deckz

PLEASE, give me your opinion on whether i should use this or my 'palia G / Diaga G' deck. if u think it sould be this one, then help me out w/ it.

18 Pokemon

4-3-1 Magmortar X (MT) (SW Magmortar)
1-1 Heatran X (LA) :)fire: heatran)
2-2 Claydol (GE)
1 Azelf (LA)
1 Uxie (LA)
2 Unown G (GE)

26 Trainers

2 premier ball (GE)
3 Stark Mountain (LA)
2 Level Max (PT)
1 Luxury Ball (SF)
1 Great Ball (SF)
1 Warp Point (SW)
3 Professor Oaks Visit (SW)
3 Night Maintinance (SW)
4 bebes search (SW)
4 roseanes research (SW)
2 switch (SW)

16 energy

16 :fire: energy

Strategy

Magmortar X, (when w/ enough energy), is capable of either doing 100 damage to one of yur opponents pokemon, or (cuz of SW Magmortar), u can do 20 damage times the amount of energy. (i know it has other attacks, im just telling the most effective ones.) As for its power, it can inflict burn. (w/ 3 damage counters on tails instead.) As for its body, remove 2 damage counters from magmortar every time u attach an energy from yur hand.

Last edited:
okay, I tested this one too, and it is better then Blastcatty by a long shot. You'll need more fire energy since I never had any for the first 2 turns. I'd play mainly Infernape, as it saved you from a loss. Magmortar was good at the beginning, but it couldn't take repeated damage, so I'd toss it for Stark Mountain and Heatran,

youve confused me. toss magmortar or ape? it would make more sense w/ ape to be tossed, since heatran helps keep magmortar's burn going.

Sorry for the questioning, but i find it hard to belive youve tested both of my decks accurately all ready...

When I tested, Infernape was much more useful. It could keep attacking for turns and left me torched (pun intended). Magmortar, while good in the deck, had a difficult time attacking.

So either add more energy, or toss Magmortar.

BTW, I played 2 games with your decks. Against Blastcatty, I got all 6 Prizes by T9. I played 2 20 minute games with this one since I couldn't get all 6 prizes.

I think Magmortar > Infernape here. It is a Stage 1, can heal itself, and has sniping ability.

Why not trying dropping the Ape line, Poke Healers and Candies for 2-2 Heatran, some Level Max, and more Fire Energy?

Oh, and I think you forgot the Luxury Ball ;)

If you try that, then drop Broken Time-Space for Stark Mountain.

- Ape line
-4 Poke Healer
-3 Candy
-3 B S-T

+2-2 Heatran/LV X
+3 Level Max
+1 Luxury Ball
+3 POV
+1 Warp Point
+2 Fire Energy
+3 Stark Mountain
+2 Night Maintenance

ill go w/ what baby mario said...

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I think Magmortar > Infernape here. It is a Stage 1, can heal itself, and has sniping ability.

Why not trying dropping the Ape line, Poke Healers and Candies for 2-2 Heatran, some Level Max, and more Fire Energy?

Oh, and I think you forgot the Luxury Ball ;)

If you try that, then drop Broken Time-Space for Stark Mountain.

- Ape line
-4 Poke Healer
-3 Candy
-3 B S-T

+2-2 Heatran/LV X
+3 Level Max
+1 Luxury Ball
+3 POV
+1 Warp Point
+2 Fire Energy
+3 Stark Mountain
+2 Night Maintenance

Sure ill do POV, :lol: whatever that is....

Last edited:
POV is Professor Oak's Visit. It is a supporter that lets you draw 3 cards then you put 1 card from your hand on the bottom of your deck.

I think you should take out a Level Max for another Magmar so you have a higher chance of starting with it. You already have 2 Premier Balls and a bunch of Switching cards. I don't think you will ever need that third Level Max.

I would personaly drop the Heatran line down to 1-1, because you already have the azelf around, and, while awesome for Magmortar, he can survive without it if something goes REALLY wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back