Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Magmortar/Typhlosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonspy900

I plan on playing this deck for worlds. I'll post my empoleon/omaster deck later if I get the cards for it before the lcq.
Pokemon:25
4 Magmar M/T
3 Magmortar S/W
1 Magmortar M/T
1 Magmortar X
4 Pachirisu G/E
3 Cyndaquil
2 Quilava
3 Typlosion
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol

25 pokemon may be too much so should I reduce the typlohsion line to 2-1-2 or 1-0-1 o.o

Trainers:21
4 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
3 Felicity's Drawing
3 Night Maintenance
3 Premier Ball

I'm not really sure about this trainer line since I really don't know alot of trainers in this format >_<

4 Double Rainbow
3 Scramble
9 Fire

Anyways, I would like help on this deck for the lcq/worlds and can you help me so this deck can play efficiently in DP-on

Drop the Magmorter MT, besides it not being good at all you can't have more than 4 Magmortar's and that includes the lv x.

I'd suggest using Blazikens GE and PK over Typhlosion. It offers a whole new angle of attack options and energy recycling possibilities. You also probably don't want to use 3 Night Maintenance. You have probably enjoyed them if you have been testing this deck in complete games, but the bottom line is that you aren't going to finish most of your games in swiss, and the third won't be very useful. Drop at least one.

3 Magmar
3 Magmortar SW
1 Magmortar LVX
2 Cyndaquil
1 Quilava
2 Typhlosion
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
4 Pachirisu
[20]

2-1-2 Typhlosion should work fine. I've tried a 3-2-3 line before and it cluttered it my hand most of the time. Only 3 Magmars end up evolving so a fourth ends up being extra, maybe unneccessary.

4 Rare Candy
4 Roseannes
4 Bebe's
2 Celio's
4 TV Reporter
1 Felicity's
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp Point
1 Strength Charm
1 Castaway
[25]

I don't know about the trainer line up.

12 Fire
3 Scramble
[15]

U might even want to consider the psychic typhlosion it can be really good against gg after a few spreads

Here's my list for Blaze (Blaziken/Mag) The things that Typhlosion have going for it are the +10 hp, and the fact that it can discard scrambles/dres/water energy/multi. But the blaze list adds to the sniping characteristics of Magmortar, and Blaziken GE can come up with no energy on it, throw a scramble down and snipe something for 80. As g-dog said, it adds another secondary attacker which can hold its own. (i should kno, i had to once against GG w/ 2 prized mortars...o_O)

Pokemon: 25

3-3-1 Magmortar (MT Magmar)

4-2-2-2 Blaziken (2 PK, 2 GE)

2-2 Claydol

4 Pachy

Energy: 15

4 Scramble
11 Fire

Trainers: 20

4 Celio/Bebe (your Preference)
2 Roseane's
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
3 TVR
2 Felicity's
2 Windstorm

frankly, up until Empoleon came out, Magmortar went toe-to-toe with GG due to its amazing flexibility and it's recovery. An experienced Magmortar player knows how to get themselves behind enough to get the field advantage, without losing too much ground. Even as plox the matchup is at worst a 40-60 in plox's favor. and Pokepowers are essential to maintaining the flow of your deck. with your reasoning, because Gardevoir is legal in the format we should all forsake pokepowers because they might get shut down for a few turns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back