Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Magnetic Storm?

light_gengar

Ok, so I was looking at this card yesterday, and was wondering how this worked with dual types. it reads:

"Any damage done by a (P) or a (F) pokemon (yours and your opponents) is not effected by resistance."

My question is, if something is resistant to (M), and something is a (P)/(M), and is fighting something resistant to (M), do you count this resistance?

I know what you are all probably going to say- "of course you apply the resistance", but the card says that ANY attack from a Psychic pokemon doesn't apply resistance. It doesn't say that the opponent's resistance to PSYCHIC is taken away, it says that ANY damage from a (P) pokemon isn't effected...

Please, be kind to me. :smile:

We actually have two rulings on that quesion in the Compendium EX:

Q. If the dual-type Metagross (Psychic/Metal) attacks Magneton with Metal resistance, but Magnetic Storm stadium is in play (damage done by attacks from Psychic & Fighting Pokémon aren't affected by resistance), does the resistance get applied or not?
A. Well, the stadium says to ignore resistance from Pokémon that are those types, and Metagross is indeed one of those said types. So it looks like it gets around Magneton's resistance to Metal in this special situation. (Jul 8, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If HL Jirachi attacks a Metal resistant Pokémon and Magnetic Storm is in play, is the attack damage reduced?
A. This particular Jirachi is both a Psychic and a Metal Pokémon. Magnetic Storm checks that Jirachi is Psychic - therefore its damage is not reduced by Resistance of any kind. (Apr 14, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Back