Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Majestic Dawn lv X's

Does anyone know what the ratio of lv X's per box it is for Majestic Dawn? I'm thinking of getting a booster box and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.
Thanks!

If I remember correctly, only one per box on average. Better get them on the secondary market, unless you have access to really cheap MD boxes.

Seriously? Only one? I'm not familiar with English boosters, but I know in Japanese boxes it's like 4 primes and 2 legends per box now. Is the difference actually that large?

I bought multiple boxes and averaged a little over 2 per box. The blister packs seamed to have a better ratio than the booster packs though.

Seriously? Only one? I'm not familiar with English boosters, but I know in Japanese boxes it's like 4 primes and 2 legends per box now. Is the difference actually that large?
Ratios for Primes and Legends are generally higher. And in Japanese boxes, about 3 Lv.X per box where usual that time. English DP-MD had only one. However, the English boxes got a better ratio from LA onwards, iirc.

I bought multiple boxes and averaged a little over 2 per box. The blister packs seamed to have a better ratio than the booster packs though.
The box I bought had 1 Lv.X, and the two boxes I won at Nationals 2008 had 1 each as well. So either you got a lot of luck or I got a lot of bad luck. ^^

I see... well in that case, does anyone know of a cheap source? I'm rather fond of that set but the best I can see on ebay is $150 CDN.

^ Watch out though - the same number of boosters at $4 each (average) is $132. This is all US, I'm not sure what the conversion is anymore, but... boxes are generally a nice deal regardless.

It'll be cheaper to buy as a set, unless of course you are only missing the LV Xs. the Leafeon is going for around $35 right now, Glaceon $25, Garchomp $20, Porygon Z around $10 individually.

I'm not really looking to complete the set, I was just looking into booster boxes (because I'm addicted to them) and checking out each set. Platinum is looking like it would be more useful, if a fair bit more money.

For playing and for trading, yes Platinum would be your best bet. All those cards you are looking for could easily be obtained with 1 decent box of Platinum with plenty of great cards left over.

Back