2 Lysandre
1 Max Potion
1 Tool Retriever
1 Switch
2 Shadow Circle
39 cards

8 Lightning Energy
4 Darkness Energy

Hey Pokemon players, this strategy consists of setting up and damaging by turn two with 120 damage on a EX using assault laser and slowing the opponent down with hammers and head ringers. Yveltal is for any match ups that are unfavourable to Manectric such as Landorus EX, and the darkness energy in conjunction with shadow circle can turn 1kos on Manectric into 2hkos or 3hkos.

This list has been consistent and tested well against Siesmitoad EX thanks to Manectric not needing to rely on trainers to set up. Personally, I believe one of the best counters for a Siesmitoad EX in early stages of the game is by attaching a head ringer to them and utilising enhanced hammer to remove their DCE to prevent them from starting a lock. Garbador also does not affect this deck and is irrelevant since this list has no Pokemon with abilities. Pyroar on the other hand has caused some issues, however if you are able to get out Mega manectric EX out and start killing them off, while also getting rid of a couple of their DCE using Enhanced hammer, there shouldn't be too many issues in causing their chances of setting up more Pyroar to KO M-Manectric to be slim. Also faster than Virgen, and by simply attaching a head ringer to their Virizion EX, it can cause them to fall apart straight away. This is just a deck where there is not a lot which can hold it back.

Here i will now explain why each card has been included in the list, following any other changes that may also be considered:

4 Manectric EX: This is the main attacker of the deck, therefore I recommend to use 4 of these since this will be the card you want to begin the game with in order to set up and starting dealing damage rapidly.

2 Mega Manectric EX: Finally Mega Evolutions have became playable thanks to the new spirit link cards and Manetric EX has been one of the lucky 2 EX's who has gotten a spirit link card to work in conjunction with. This card is your best chance against Pyroar variants, and provides a nice bit of energy acceleration which can make you literally unstoppable. The 210Hp also comes in handy occasionally in making 2 hit KOs becoming 3 hit KO's

1 Zekrom BW 114: this is our non EX attacker and is pretty self explanatory. Being able to do 140 damage with a muscle band attached can be perfect in finishing off an opponent and this card only gives up 1 prize.

2 Yveltal EX: To provide a counter to Landorus, and the newly released Gengar EX, which will see quite a lot of play thanks to all of the support cards is has received with it's release. Gengar happens to be weak to dark types, and to be able to counter two upcoming popular decks in the form of Landorus and Gengar, is something too good to resist.

4 Head Ringer: without this, we would be relying on the opponent to attach tools to their pokemon to make best use of Manectric's Assault Laser. Very much needed if we want to dish out the most amount of damage possible, and slow the opponent down as much as possible.

2 Enhanced Hammer: The reason we run this is because of the vast amount of special energy cards in the current format. These include Strong Energy and DCE, but more particularly DCE, since it is so overplayed in most decks. Eg. Pyroar, Siesmitoad EX

2 Manectric Spirit Link: without this, we wouldn't be able to set up M-Manectric EX fast enough, and cause our turn to end if we decided to evolve them without this card.

3 Skyla: since we need quite a few different trainers in order for this strategy to work, Skyla is very useful in picking out what we need from the deck.

1 Computer Search: Best Ace Spec card in the Format, self explanatory.

1 Battle Compressor: Allows us to discard energy from the deck to make best use of Mega Manectric's Turbo Bolt attack, also works well in combination with VS Seeker in order to get whichever supporter I need from the deck. (may be a good idea to run more of these)

2 VS Seeker: Allows me to bring back supporters such as Skyla or Lysandre, works well with Battle Compressor

4 Professor Juniper: standard draw support, also to discard energy from hand

4 Shauna: standard draw support, better than N, IMO

4 Ultra Ball: allows me to search out for Pokemon I need, while getting rid of unwanted cards and discarding energies to make good use of Mega Manectric's Turbo Bolt attack

1 Startling M phone: this may seem like a weird choice, and may be better changed, however it can allow us to get rid of muscle bands, etc, and attach Head Ringer's to my opponent's Pokemon instead.

3 Muscle Band: To add additional damage for our attacks and is usefull in making sure I can get 2hkos

1 Escape Rope: gust and to switch out from a bad start.

2 Lysandre: gust to make crucial KOs.

1 Max Potion: to prevent any big KOs on my Pokemon. Quite affective if we are able to set up two M-Manectric EX's as we can heal, retreat, and than reattach those energies from the discard pile.

1 Tool Retriever: helpful if we want to reuse a Spirit Link card, to attach muscle bands to M-Manectric EX, to get rid of any Team Flare tools attached to our Pokemon.

1 Switch: get unwanted Pokemon out of active spot.

2 Shadow Circle: To eliminate weakness against fighting types for Manectric EX and to counter other stadium cards. Eg, Virbanks

Considerations:
1 Sacred Ash: can be useful in bringing back M-Manectric EX if one is prized and can allow me to play more aggressively discarding more Pokemon.

8 Lightning Energy: This deck would have a hard time doing anything if it weren't for these. :p

4 Darkness Energy: Allows us to use Yveltal and eliminate weaknesses thanks to Shadow Circle.

I hope you guys have now been given a better understanding of how to run Manectric EX, and ways to counter any of it's threats. Nothing is perfect though, so do not expect this deck to be unstoppable. Good luck with building your own Manectric EX deck, or maybe you might just want to copy mine. Just make sure that it suits your play style and remember that lighting is the most electrifying and awesomest type in the Pokemon universe! ;)

Last edited:
No Professor's Letter? You'll need these (at least 1) in order to search and get needed Basic energy.

You may also need a way to get a "3rd" Shadow Circle Stadium in play. So, I'd suggest replacing Computer Search with Dowsing Machine.

I'd also suggest you replace 1 of the Ultra Balls with Pokémon Fan Club. Should your opponent start with Seismitoad EX's Quaking Punch to impose Item lock, you will be at a slight disadvantage. Further, consider running a Xerosic in order to remove your opponent's Head Ringer.

I also noticed that you have no Yveltal which would also help as a non-EX attacker, as well as energy attachment acceleration.

Have you actually play-tested your list against the "big" Fighting or Donphan decks yet? Have you had favorable results, let's say out of 10 games?

I'm not really picking apart your list, but I was wondering what you (and others) think about Manectric EX and Colorless attackers? I was talking to my friend about Mewtwo EX and Seismitoad EX. This helps the consistency of the deck by having just Lightning. Also I've seen some lists with Zekrom EX, amd Zapdos EX along with Plasma support. I'm not sure if Manectric has the partner(s) to be quite as a meta deck as a Virizion/Genesect or Fighting deck.

IMO, Manectric EX will be a good partner with either VirGen and/or Yveltal EX decks. Other decks that may include Seismitoad EX and/or Mewtwo EX could tech in Manectric EX too as an alternate attacker and/or counter to either Yveltal EX and Pyroar.

On the other hand, I do not see Manectric EX as a main attacker in a deck by itself. The Big Dog will really struggle against top F decks, based on my play-testing results thus far.

sorry for the late reply guys, but thanks for replying to my thread :)

Tuxedoblack, well tbh I have only play tested against Donphan 6 times at league and I won 4 of those games, however Im not sure if that is enough testing to say that the matchup would be favourable. Ive played against countless 'big' fighting decks but it seems that the player who is able to set up quicker usually is the one who wins the match. thanks for your thoughts though!

Do any of you have any decklists to share on here or would like to show me a modified decklist from this list? im trying to perfect this list or maybe create a even better Manectric deck even if it happens to be a partner with another Pokemon. Thanks for your assistance anyway!

I personally think there isnt a set partner for Manectric yet (i.e. Genesect to Virizion). The list of Pokemon that Manectric has been paired with (of my knowledge):

Yveltal EX
Zekrom (Outrage)
Zekrom EX
Mewtwo EX
Seismitoad EX
Helioptile

As well as a tech in Virizion/Genesect deck as a late game Energy recoverer. Like the Metal decks with Bronzong, there isn't a set list yet (as far as I know). If you want me to post a list that I might use then I can if yoh tell me which combo you want to use. However your list along with Tuxedo's tips is a fine list.

Tuxedoblack, well tbh I have only play tested against Donphan 6 times at league and I won 4 of those games, however Im not sure if that is enough testing to say that the matchup would be favourable. Ive played against countless 'big' fighting decks but it seems that the player who is able to set up quicker usually is the one who wins the match. thanks for your thoughts though!
My earlier big fighting deck pertained to my Landorus-Lucario-Garbodor deck. My results have been definitely favorable matchups for several reasons including:

• Starting Landorus EX - absolutely nightmare for Manectric EX (assume I can remove your Stadium and Head ringer, run multiple Lysandre, etc.)
  • Hawlucha - oftentimes used to KO the defending EX while only relenquishing 1 prize in the exchange.

Do any of you have any decklists to share on here or would like to show me a modified decklist from this list?
As mentioned earlier,

-1 Computer Search
+1 Dowsing Machine

-1 Ultra Ball
+1 Pokémon Fan Club

-1 Tool Retriever
+1 Xerosic (more useful in Seismitoad matchup and can also target Special Energy too)

-1 Max Potion. There may be alternatives that are more effective.
+1 Pokémon Center Lady or Cassius

-1 Escape Rope - less of a priority vs.
+1 Professor's Letter

Even before we had VS Seeker and/or Pal Pad, I ran (and most competitive decks I reviewed/analyzed) ran at least 10 card draw Supporters. Even though you have 2 VS Seeker and you would undoubtedly expend 1 VSS for a discarded Supporter, I think your deck would run better if you still have a minimum 10 card draw Supporters. This could then free up your VSSs for other Supporters like Lysandre and Skyla.

Further, I believe players are actually preparing to deal with Head Ringer. So, your investment of 4 card slots can be decreased by 1, IMO. So,

-1 Head Ringer
-1 Skyla
+1 Colress
+1 Lysandre's Trump Card or Colress

-1 Max Potion. There may be alternatives that are more effective.
+1 Pokémon Center Lady or Cassius

In reducing some of the Supporters, it opened a few slots for some other key Supporters, as well as reduced reliance upon your having access to your 2 VS Seekers most/all games (especially if any of your 8 card draw Supporters are prized).

Also IMO, one's access to Items may be limited too. So, utilizing Pokémon Center Lady/Cassius can be more helpful than Max Potion.

Btw, should the proposed Colress limit your play too much, then consider Bicycle as a supplemental card draw alternative.

Lastly, I'm finding that Lysandre's Trump Card to be surprisingly advantageous.

im trying to perfect this list or maybe create a even better Manectric deck even if it happens to be a partner with another Pokemon. Thanks for your assistance anyway!
Personally, I think Yveltal EX is an outstanding partner for Manectric EX. Ragneg's suggested Poké are good considerations too should you decide to incorporate a few DCE. Even another Outraging Poké could be helpful especially when your opponents try to "wall" you with Sigilyphs.

Other partner considerations: Drifblim (BW promo) or Leafeon (PF). In either of these cases, you could replace the Yveltal EXs and just run L energy.

IMO, your deck is fairly solid and we are discussing some minor changes, not major "surgery." Consider play-testing different combinations of suggested changes and then decide what you like best.

Hope these comments help.

Last edited:
I appreciate all of your help Tuxedo and ragneg, and i will now test with the modification you have recommended. Ill get back to you both soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back