Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"MANHOLE" Pokemon Card?

The manhole cards in the 2002 E3 Packs did not have a pokemon back. Only Hoppip and Pichu were printed for the event. Along with a Manhole and kirby e-reader cards. The manhole and kirby does not have a pokemon back and the hoppip and pichu did not have an english pokemon back, they have the new version of the japanese pokemon back.

The pack itself has 4 cards in them: Pichu, Hoppip, Manhole, Kirby.

I think it was in that pack because they were deciding which pokemon expedition card would be printed in that limited E3 Promo pack

---------- Post added 05/15/2013 at 12:29 PM ----------

I can take pictures of my Pichu/Hoppip if you want to see them.

Last edited:
It was a Game & Watch game released for the e-Reader. If you check out this page you can see under the e-reader card section the game, "manhole" is listed there.

The e-Reader cards had data logged into them. It was supposed to be the new thing nintendo was trying at the time. The sample cards each have their own unique mini game.

It was not released with a Pokemon back. I opened a pack before!

Rusty, once again has a rare find.

I don't actually believe that in this instance, there is any collector's integrity in keeping them sealed or anything. The wrapper isn't specific to them. Rather, the cards inside are the gems, and even moreso when individually viewable.

Open them all. :)

I don't actually believe that in this instance, there is any collector's integrity in keeping them sealed or anything. The wrapper isn't specific to them. Rather, the cards inside are the gems, and even moreso when individually viewable.

Open them all. :)

There is a boat load of collector's integrity in keeping them! The story you can tell based on that pack. As long as you keep it properly segregated and labeled, it is a great collectors piece! Although I do see your point about what's inside.

There is a boat load of collector's integrity in keeping them! The story you can tell based on that pack. As long as you keep it properly segregated and labeled, it is a great collectors piece! Although I do see your point about what's inside.

Eh, I guess I kind of see it.
I think I still lean towards opening them all, however. haha.
Except maybe a few.

Thanks for sharing the find, Rusty. It's as awesome as always. I'm curious now if the eReader code for manhole actually works. Was Manhole one of the ones that originally had to have strips on the back as well?

Thanks for sharing the find, Rusty. It's as awesome as always. I'm curious now if the eReader code for manhole actually works. Was Manhole one of the ones that originally had to have strips on the back as well?

Pokepop made the same suggestion for the FPO's a little while back. Here are the results I got:

FPO's-scan in as a "region error" maybe they were still in testing or meant for another e-reader?

MatchPrints-scan in like a normal cards
->these surprised me since they are glossy and the back is not even a regular Pokemon back

Manhole-it scans in as "Manhole 1" but then tells me I need the second scan, in which, the top does not work. I guess that is where I would need the back!

Back