Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristi

I don't really understand why this deck ISN'T played. It seems good.

Pokemon-17
3-2-3 Machamp DP
4-3-1 Lucario lv X
1 Saybleye CG

Energy-15
15 Fighting Energy

Trainers-28
3 Rosseane's
4 Ceilio's
2 Castaway
3 Cess Crystal
2 NM
1 Premier Ball
2 Crystal Beach
1 Scott
3 Rare Candy
4 Plus Power
3 Steven's Advice

Strategy- Deal out damage.

There isn't MUCH strategy, but there is some and combined with the massive damage that the pokemon can dish out througout the entire game makes it a good deck. Lucario starts off doing quick damage for little energy, while getting your opponent's bench pokemon ready to be KO'd by Machamp.

It is good, but there are decks that eat it for lunch*cough, cough* gardilade, magmortar,*cough, cough*.

I used to play it, but it gets eaten if it's out speeded, which gardilade can do. Also, mario is a sucker for scramble, having no other options than to kill the active.

Otherwise, good build. Put in one strength charm instead of the scott.

SEEMS good....:nonono::nonono::nonono:
GG pwns it.
Mag Kills it.
Anything else beats it.

Not ANYTHING Brawler. Mario's still hard on most Blissey builds, but yeah G&G, Mags, and Banette all near auto-losses at this point.

What is up with the bashing??? It is an easy fun deck to play. Yes, GG, banete, mag, beat it, but blissy falls before it. Also many other decks are played at leagues! I don't think mario would win any tournaments but for league play it is fine.

Anyway, throw in some DRE, scramble, str charm, and maybe unknown E.

The reason this deck doesn't do well is not because "Plox eats it for lunch," it's because it can't really deliver good amounts of damage anymore. The reason the deck did so well was because it basically just had to pwn a Castform/Skitty start and deal with weak basics after that. Nowadays the basics have higher HP like Pachi, Ralts and Magmar that aren't as easy to OHKO.

I would take out the scott for another castaways because you can get a supporter as well as energy

I played Speed Machamp at league yesterday, and I will say it is by far the most underrated card in the metagame.
The ability for T1 20, T2 40, and T3 90 and confusion is phenomenal all on a 130 HP beatstick.
I only played 1 GG deck and I won somewhat easily by cutting off their resources early.
I played 1 Magmortar deck (granted it wasn't the best build) and handled it easily.

The whole thing with a deck like Mario or Machamp is that you HAVE TO outspeed the opponent. A T2 KO on a Pachirisu or Furret before they can get off their full effects can severely cripple the deck.
That along with 4 Cessation Crystal helps to have a complete lockdown of your opponent given time.
Mario and Speed Machamp both have hordes of potential in this metagame.
GG is a tough matchup, but can be diminished to a 50-50 with the right build.
Banette is a tough matchup and if they play Lake Boundary you're screwed for the most part.
Magmortar is an easily winnable matchup, Cessation completely shuts down their deck and most decks don't play enough counters outside of an easy kill Pachi to do much about it.

Am I gonna deny it's a risky play? No.
BUT with MD coming out, Machamp and Mario can sneak their way into the metagame and prove themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back