BENDINGSPOONS1

I am confused on how the card works...

Let say for example my discard is...

2 rare candy
1 potion
1 bebe's search

can i show my opponent...

2 rc and take one????

No, if you have 2 different trainers/supporters/stadiums or more, then you have to choose a different one. The only time you can do that is where there's only one trainer, supporter and stadium all together. For example, if I went second and rare candied twice, I can use Marley's Request to get back that rare candy, since that's the only one I have.

I am confused on how the card works...

Let say for example my discard is...

2 rare candy
1 potion
1 bebe's search

can i show my opponent...

2 rc and take one????

Your take 2 cards with a DIFFERENT name (Rare Candy and Bebe, Potion and Bebe, etc) then your opponent chooses one of them and it goes to your hand and the other stays in your discard.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

No, if you have 2 different trainers/supporters/stadiums or more, then you have to choose a different one. The only time you can do that is where there's only one trainer, supporter and stadium all together. For example, if I went second and rare candied twice, I can use Marley's Request to get back that rare candy, since that's the only one I have.

Thats the only way you could choose a trainer when you have two of the same card in ur discard

Last edited:
Thats the only way you could choose a trainer when you have two of the same card in ur discard

Are you trying to correct what I said, or to confirm what I said? Since what I said is supporting your claim. It's probably just my poor choice of words by using 'that'.

No im just trying to say ur example is correct. I'm trying to help him unlike everyone else (excluding you) who bashed him for having potion or whatever in his post.

read the card, how hard can that be, unless you don't know what the word DIFFERENT means

What .. a ... dweeb.

WATCH THIS... SAME amount of words... same effect...

"No. The card says that you have to pick two different cards unless there are none different :smile: "

How hard can that be ShadowTogetic? :mad:

What .. a ... dweeb.

WATCH THIS... SAME amount of words... same effect...

"No. The card says that you have to pick two different cards unless there are none different :smile: "

How hard can that be ShadowTogetic? :mad:

You are aware this thread wouldn't exist if the card was read, right?

Otherwise, we'd be getting morons asking stuff like "If I use Poison Structure, would my Dialga G be poisoned?"

People are given the ability to read for a reason, unless you're dyslexic, which you shouldn't be if you're on a forum.

Plus, I'm not sure if you are aware, but questions are answered much faster if OP did read

You are aware this thread wouldn't exist if the card was read, right?

Otherwise, we'd be getting morons asking stuff like "If I use Poison Structure, would my Dialga G be poisoned?"

People are given the ability to read for a reason, unless you're dyslexic, which you shouldn't be if you're on a forum.

Plus, I'm not sure if you are aware, but questions are answered much faster if OP did read

You are aware that Marley's Request can be interpretted differently, resulting in wildly different results. Especially considering the fact that not everyone using English cards is natively an English speaker.

The 'different' could have meant different individual cards, with the name being irrelevant. (I know it doesn't mean that.)

The way it's phrased could also be misinterpreted to mean different types of trainer/supporter/stadium. (Again, I understand that is not the case.)

It is understandable that someone would need to request assistance in determining the intended interpretation of such a poorly worded card. After all, I've known more than a few people to red the card word for word and still honestly be unsure of which interpretation is correct. And even a few that were sure the card was intended to indicate an incorrect interpretation.

You are aware that Marley's Request can be interpretted differently, resulting in wildly different results. Especially considering the fact that not everyone using English cards is natively an English speaker.

The 'different' could have meant different individual cards, with the name being irrelevant. (I know it doesn't mean that.)

The way it's phrased could also be misinterpreted to mean different types of trainer/supporter/stadium. (Again, I understand that is not the case.)

It is understandable that someone would need to request assistance in determining the intended interpretation of such a poorly worded card. After all, I've known more than a few people to red the card word for word and still honestly be unsure of which interpretation is correct. And even a few that were sure the card was intended to indicate an incorrect interpretation.

Fair enough, but the bold part, makes no sense.

Except that OP lives in the US, and understands English well

Back to FDM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back