Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Maryland's Messed up States Report

Mr_Fuji

Well.... After having a run-in with a dead battery and 5 police cars on the way down... and being wanted in the state of Maryland... the place where eating bugs is normal... I made it to the states championships (Which was okay... I guess).

Here's the "Just Resign" deck ;x

4x Dunsparce (1x MAD CANADIAN)
4x Torchic (2x Firebreathing, 2x Singe)
1x Combusken (LUNGE!!)
4x Blaziken
1x Blaziken ex
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty
2x Rayquaza
1x Mareep
1x Ampharos

12x Fire Energy
3x Lightning Energy
1x Multi Energy

4x Rare Candy
4x Oracle
4x TV Reporter
3x Profesor Oak's Research
3x Warp Point
2x CopyCat
1x Prof. Elm's Training Method
1x Town Volunteers

Yummy deck, eh? One card different than Luke Reed's deck and like 3 from CFK's. HOW IRONIC. -_-;;;

Well... Round 1 was vrs. James M.
He used some really strange metal deck that wasn't even worth playing against. I could have prolly taken it down with a neo dunsparce and delibird. But as we played, He was laughing at me because I used the SARs dunsparce and how much it sucked. It was my only basic, and I went first. Hmm... It really sucks, huh? Turn 4 I had a ray out, 2x Blazes, a Delcatty, and an Amphy. NEEDLESS TO SAY... I think I won. 1-0

Round 2 vrs. Neven J.
This guy used an Amphy-ex/Raioku-ex deck that kinda sucked. Almost as much as his rigged dice. He had two dice- One white and one red, and ironically enough, the white one always rolled heads and the red rolled tails. Rigged dice helps alot with amphy ex, But it didn't help him against me. :D but blaze ex just totally thrashed him.... GG.... Not really ;) 2-0

Round 3 vrs. RAINBOWRICHARDS (!!) -
Mirror Match #1. He got a bad start and I, well, Didn't. Dunsparce opener got me set up fairly quickly but his stupid shamans (>/) kept me at bay a little longer. Oh well, his continous bad luck basically handed me the game. We were going to have a rematch but never got around to it. 3-0

Round 4 vrs, TheCrossFormat Kid
Well.... Yet another mirror match. At least I didn't lose to one of his decks. He used SHPanda's deck.... The oine that won the Virginia States championship. OH WELL. 2 Dunsparce in prizes slowed me down way too much to be any competition. It's okay, No problems getting into T8 still. 3-1

Round 5 vrs Emily -
Gardy Deck #1... I was wondering how long it would be before I had to face one of these. :D They were too slow getting up and I just kind of... domuinated them. This person was like, in love with Town Volunteers. every time I killed something, It was folowed by a Town volunteers. Strange.

Right after round 5, CrossFormatKid, in his infinate wisdomm, knocked over a fold up metal chair which, of course, made a really loud noise. Luke Reed and I started to clap, and before we knew it, everyone in the room pretty much was clapping too. ---HIGHLIGHT OF THE TRIP--- 4-1

Round 6 vrs. Luke Reed.
BEST GAME YET - I.D. We both Top 8'd so it's all cool. 4-1-1

TOP 8 CUT HERE

Round 1 Top 8 vrs. John. He played a standard Gardy deck but got really screwed on his opening hand, so in record time for a top 8 match, I won. Now to sit around waiting... 5-1-1

Round 2 Top 8 -- GO HOMETOWN. Me vrs. Ed- Guy from my hometown, pittsburgh. We both had poor starts but after a qwhile we got going and he pulled a win out of his rear end... Lucky guy....... 5-2-1

CrossFormatKid ended up beating the guy to take the title of Maryland State Champ. (GO CANADA!)

And uh... Lucky for me.... The slacker Judge, SHPanda, had to judge the 14- division because the other judge's son was in it :D *So lucky*

Top 8:
2x Gardevoir Decks
5x Blaziken Varients
1x Ampharos ex deck (I played earlier and crushed)

Top 4:
1x Amphy ex
3x Blaziken Varients

Top 2:
2x Blaziken Varients

Winner:
Mad Canadian Dunsparce/Blaziken Varient

GG all. It was fun, but now, I was owned, stomped, and cheated. Time to head home and prepare for the Gym Challenges--- The tourneys actually important...

Last edited by a moderator:
Right after round 5, CrossFormatKid, in his infinate wisdomm, knocked over a fold up metal chair which, of course, made a really loud noise. Luke Reed and I started to clap, and before we knew it, everyone in the room pretty much was clapping too. ---HIGHLIGHT OF THE TRIP--- 4-1

lol good ole cfk....

And slops for letting cfk win somethign...

OK guys,lets keep this thread clean and orderly.We all know the rules here and we the mods won`t hesitate to discipline as we see fit...

Wanted to be there...couldn't...because I have no decent cards! *coff*actually no decent skill*coff*

Congrats to SHPanda for making a pwnage decklist that's SOOO fun to copy! Yay!
Congrats to CFK for winning something and getting byes!
Congrats to Fuji for typing this, because even if I had went, I couldn't have for two reasons:
1) I wouldn't have T8'd (suck-age-ness)
2) Tooooo lazy. :/

Cyas at the Stafford Gym Challenge. WOO HOO, STILL 11-14!

Back