Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Masters Oregon BR Report

Masters Oregon BR Report
I met up with my friends as soon as I got there and wrote up my decklist, re-sleeved, and got my team ready for the DS side event before the first round.

Round 1 Sang S. w/ Jumpluff

Sang is a Pokedad who just recently started playing and this was his first BRs. He started with Sunkern to my Bronzong G with me going second. He drew and passed. I played Azelf and took a walk on time before playing an SP radar for Luxray GL. I played a Uxie and Set up into a DCE and a Crobat G. I played a Poketurn that I already had in my hand Dropped Crobat and DCE for a donk.

1-0

Round 2 Janet B. w/ Machamp

I went into this match knowing that I didn't have much of a chance if she got set up so before we started I rolled a die and told her heads I win tails you win, it came up heads.

She went first starting Machop to my Crobat or something. She drew, benched Unown Q, and used Kick for ten. I Got a Garchomp C set up with a DCE on it and played Looker's Investigation, Janet had Machamp, Machamp, Bebe, Pokemon Collector, Uxie, so I chose her. I impersonated for something to help me get set up and ended my turn. Janet drew and passed (thank god). I Got Garchomp C X and Earthquaked her Machop after a Crobat G drop. Then Janet drew into a Collector and used it to get two Uxie and an Unown R. She played the Unown R down and Proceded to play Uxie and bench a Machop and burn a couple more cards, Set Up again, Rare Candy into Machamp and attach to it, then Super Scoop and Set Up again into another Machamp and Machop, then Super Scoop again for another heads and Set Up AGAIN into a third Machamp and Two Unown R draws. By then it was just one Take Out after another.

1-1

Round 3 ??? w/ Donphan/ Machamp

So I messed up on my slip from the last round with Janet and wrote "win" so they had to re-pair several people which put me at a table right across from another Machamp player, just when I thought I had my Machamp loss out for the day...

I start with Garchomp C and Crobat G with Crobat active since I don't want to get donked, he started with a Phanpy and went first. He attached an energy and passed while on my turn I proceeded to set up in preparation of a Machamp onslaught. Luckly I had a Power Spray in hand. I attached to my Garchomp C and passed. On his turn he evolved, attached, benched a Machop, and played Uxie, Spray. He attacked with Earthquake and ended his turn. On my turn I drew, attached to Garchomp C, played another Garchomp C, and played Cyrus for a Psychic, another Cyrus, and another Power Spray. Then I brought up Garchomp C, leveled up and removed damage from Crobat G. Dragon rush Machop for another prize. On his next turn he attempted to drop Uxie again but I sprayed it but I believe he was able to Super Scoop it and Set Up anyway, he ended up one shotting Garchomp with another energy and an Expert Belt. On my turn I was able to Poison his Donphan and prepare to Dragon Rush next turn along with dropping a Luxray on my bench. After my turn was over he played a 1-0-1 Nidoqueen reducing my poison damage to ten between turns and taking out my Crobat. I dragon rushed my next turn so that by the time my next turn came around he was thirty damage away from being KOed. I played a collector in order to get an Unown Q to retreat whatever I put out and Toxicroak promo but I changed my mind and went with Shuppet. I played the Q and the Shuppet w/ E-Belt and hit for fifty and a KO. With not much else benched all he could do was put up Uxie, bench a Machop and pass. I played Shuppet w/ Belt again and got another KO. He put up Machop but couldn't evolve so he attacked with Machop and I got another KO with Shuppet. With only a Uxie and a Nidoqueen Benched and me with one prize left he brought up Nidoqueen and passed. I retreated for Luxray, leveled up to bring Uxie active then Poketurned to get my last KO with Shuppet.

2-1

Round 4 Joseph L w/ (C)Rapidash

I was a little surprised to see a Rapidash deck with four Pluspower, four Pokeblower, Four Crobat G, four Poketurn, four Uxie, and four Super Scoops. He always had some trick up his sleeve and it came down to 2-1 prizes in with him having the advantage but 8 consecutive coin flips on his part didn't do any good for him. I got my first four prizes from Garchomp snipes and Bright Looking his many Crobat G's. I did a pretty significant amount of damage to his belted Rapidash with Shuppet leaving him with only ten HP. He retreated but I had the game a turn ago. He took his second to last prize before I used a Flash Bite to take down his Belted Rapidash.

3-1

Round 5 Isaah M w/ Absol G/ Garchomp C/ Sableye/ Eeveelutions

Isaah (I hope I'm spelling that right) is a pretty competitive player and I knew I'd have a tough game against him but he never really got set up and I got Garchomp and Luxray out fast before he was able to get rolling and I took the game. I Dragon Rushed a benched Garchomp and Trash Bolted his Absol and a Uxie after Powerspraying his Set Up.

4-1

Round 6 Matt Yo yo-fo-sho w/ Luxray/ Dragonite

I had field advantage due to a double Sableye stalemate. What really bugged me about this game is that he Bright Looked early game and tried to take it back. I told him jokingly that he couldn't since he declared it. I was just trying to make light of the game since we had a long stand off without either of us taking a prize but he called over a judge. I told him I was kidding and it was fine if he wanted to take it back but he said that if I wanted to be a *****e about it he was getting a judge. The judge came over and took a painfully long time trying to read the card since he didn't have his glasses and kept asking me what the problem was and asking ME why he couldn't take it back. I said it was fine and he took it back, retreated for a Crobat and passed... That was half our game. The other half was me getting Judged after burning all my SP trainers and not having any time to recover. I spent the whole game avoiding Dragonite FB waiting for a Garchomp revenge kill and he didn't even play it. He also said "yo" constantly...

4-2

I ended in 8th place.

All in all it was a good start to the season. At the end of the day I ended in 8th place.

Props:

Friends
Pokemon

Slops:

Yo dawg I heard you like yo-yos and yo dog so we put yo dog in a yo yo-yo so you can yo-yo yo dog while you yo-yo yo yo-yo dawg...

Last edited:
Yo dawg I heard you like yo-yos and yo dog so we put yo dog in a yo yo-yo so you can yo-yo yo dog while you yo-yo yo yo-yo dawg...

Unfunny meme spouter detected. Please refrain from this, as it's annoying.

Otherwise, great report. That's weird what that guy pulled, but oh well, it happens.

I for one, thoroughly enjoy the yo dog joke and wish for it to be reinstated.

lol nice job man, harsh playing two machamps

I for one, thoroughly enjoy the yo dog joke and wish for it to be reinstated.

lol nice job man, harsh playing two machamps

I felt that it was relevant. I accidentally copy/pasted over my report and had to retrieve it from my phone and that part wasn't on there.

Unfunny meme spouter detected. Please refrain from this, as it's annoying.

Otherwise, great report. That's weird what that guy pulled, but oh well, it happens.

Lol I find it funny how it got turned into "I tried to pull something." When I literally did nothing I level up my luxray and say bright look. Never chose anything and Then I asked him if I could just not do it I never picked a pokemon to bring up. But he decided to "joke" and say no so I then went on to explain that it was brs not no regionals and insisted I would call a judge after he disagreed on letting me take it back yet again. After I raised my hand to call a judge he said he was just kidding about it when really you wouldn't carry a joke on for that long.

I thought this game was about sportsmen ship and having fun not purposefully being a d***. I've played this game and have realized it's a lot more fun when you play to have fun and not just to win. And of course I'm going to be mad when your laughing at me like I was a joke. Well that's my input on ghat any ways I'm not here to start crap Noreen put you down I thought you where a good player just needed to be less competitive. Thanks for the interesting and fun game. I'm still wondering on if I should write a report seeing how my opponent in the finals did not.

~team relic

Last edited:
Lol I find it funny how it got turned into "I tried to pull something." When I literally did nothing I level up my luxray and say bright look. Never chose anything and Then I asked him if I could just not do it I never picked a pokemon to bring up. But he decided to "joke" and say no so I then went on to explain that it was brs not no regionals and insisted I would call a judge after he disagreed on letting me take it back yet again. After I raised my hand to call a judge he said he was just kidding about it when really you wouldn't carry a joke on for that long.

I thought this game was about sportsmen ship and having fun not purposefully being a d***. I've played this game and have realized it's a lot more fun when you play to have fun and not just to win. And of course I'm going to be mad when your laughing at me like I was a joke. Well that's my input on ghat any ways I'm not here to start crap Noreen put you down I thought you where a good player just needed to be less competitive. Thanks for the interesting and fun game. I'm still wondering on if I should write a report seeing how my opponent in the finals did not.

~team relic

I never said you were trying to pull anything. Maybe I did carry it on too long, it wasn't about being over competitive, I really was just kidding. It was not necessary to get a judge involved however and I said that multiple times and yet you insisted. I'm not trying to make fun of you for that situation. In the interest of good sportsmanship if anything about my report offends you so greatly I ask that you PM me and I will edit my report.

Back