Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mediation for OP unsuccesfull

Rainbowgym

Today May 24 ,2005
There was a meeting between our LD and somebody trying to mediate.
This mediator entered the game last year and found out that something inside the official OP was wrong.

He decided to investigate OP, by going to the few tournaments happening and arranging a meeting with the LD.
He refused any inside information, he wanted to step into it with a clear mind, getting his own impressions. So he stayed independent.

His goal: OP for everyone in our country, everyone handled by the same set of rules.
Everyone playing at least modified with current playingrules and getting new leagues and more tournaments.
(nothing about prize support, first step some basic OP)

In the time he did his investigations (few months), we became suspended.

Today he finally had a meeting.
The goal today.

Forget everything from the past, make a new start, because the players deserve it.
So NO dead cows, only looking forward.

The outcome of this meeting.

According our LD is OP only for players of 10 and younger.
Our LD stated they don’t want any of the “old suspended fossils” involved,.
The mediator made our LD clear in that case there would be almost NO game anymore in a few weeks/months. The Mediator told the LD that he overlooked OP and his conclusion was that the old fossil are the ones with the most knowledge and experience and could do a lot for OP.

The LD didn’t care, told they lost their pleasure in OP and they prefer to let the game die/ or quit with OP instead of working with experienced ‘old fossils”
The Mediator stated that OP was meant for more then only kids of 10 and younger and that it includes Modified tournaments.
The LD became mad at the mediator, because their view is, only 10 and under and no rules only fun.
Mediator proposed : fossils judging Nationals, starting leagues, running tournaments
And each time a big NO.

End of meeting.

It’s more than clear to us and this mediator, that our LD has no intention at all to set up OP following the US model. Not even a part of it.
We even think the current LD is going to drop OP next week at that meeting with PUI Intl. And also cancels Nationals.

Should we approach PUI Intl. Taking the change being told to shut up?
Should we let the game die and wait what happens?
We can continue our unofficial tournaments, but will that be enough to keep people in this game?
Anyone having a suggestion??

There is no point in you telling them something that they will need to hear for themselves directly from the LD.

I would think you'd be happy if the LD drops Pokémon - then maybe a new LD will pick it up and do it the way it's supposed to be done. (optimism springs eternal)

mmmm yes, Lia... it's better to let them do whatever they want.
If you're sure that without your support, no one will play in their OP events, then it's the time to let PUI see a dead OP, and then the need to change :)

Lia, none of us know what is in the contract between PUI and the local distributors. Let it go and see if there is any breach of contract. PUI has replaced at least one distributor though I do not know why. I'm sure that there are several other distributors who would be happy to take over as master distributor in the Nederlands.

There is no point in your complaining because PUI have made it very clear that they will not listen to anything that you say. It is time for others to take on that task.

I know, I know, we will have to wait and see what is happening.
But I also feel the need to tell that we tried any possible way to get real OP in our country.

Anyway I have to prepare our coming tournament.
Teamplay boosterdraft.
Looks like we will have a full house.

Last edited:
Back