Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MegaGar (Yanmega prime/Gengar SF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomScizor

At first this was MegaChamp, Which was Yanmega Prime ft. Machamp SF to help in the Luxchomp/Sp match up, Well, it worked but the Vilegar match up was horrid, and we have a lot of good Vilegar player in FL so I looked at Gengar and realized, it's a pretty sweet card, Shadow Room is pretty awesome, so is Fainting spell, and Poltergeist, although not as effective, is still a good attack early to mid game. So I combined the 2, it make my vilegar match up more into my favor, and it hardly affected my Sp match up because I can just shadow room and the Sp lv X's late game, after they have ran out of healing breaths and poketurns, and not to mention all the Azelf's, uxie's, and smeargle that are played, all are snip-able either with Gengar or yanmega, so there isn't some synergy in the deck. So here's the list, it's pretty raw but whatever.

Name: MegaGar

POKEMON: 20
2-2-2 : Gengar SF
3-3 : Yanmega (Prime) TM
2 : Uxie, LA
1 : Unown Q, MD
1 : Ditto, LA
4 : Smeargle, UD

T/S/S: 31

2 : Junk Arm, TM-87
2 : Pokemon Communication, GS-98
3 : Warp Point, MD-88
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
2 : Expert Belt, AR-87
3 : Bebe's Search, RR-89
4 : Judge, UL-78
4 : Copycat, GS-90
2 : Seeker, TM-88
4 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97
4 : Broken Time-Space, PL-104

ENERGY: 9
4 : Rescue Energy, TM-90
5 : Psychic Energy, GS-119

Strategy: The set up is like most Yanmega variants, use your trainer/Supporters to match hand sizes (which isn't very hard), Yanmega is used for pretty much everything that isn't named Luxray Gl or Gengar, against that, you switch to your Gengar, who's Shadow room can put a hefty 6 damage counters on anyone that has a pokepower, that allows you to get around their fainting spell and rescue energy plus you have Poltergeist, which is pretty much always affective against Sp decks because just using the cyrus engine is an instant 60 damage (assuming they get a Supporter and a Team Galactic invention) plus all the stuff that's in their hand already, which you can see with Smeargle. Ditto is my 3 gengar in my vilgar match up. The list you see is mostly what was left of Yanmega/machamp, with some line changes.

As far as some considerations, I want to add Crobat G, so I can one shot 50Hp targets with Yanmega, or some 70Hp targets that have powers (Ie uxie, Azelf, Smeargle), I like warp point in this deck as it allows me to hit around high HP pokemon with yanmega, I max BTS and Collector for Consistency and to abuse rescue energy to the fullest. The only hard match up now is DialgaChomp, as it cuts of my Body and is resistant to Gengar. Another major change I want is to add mesprit and maybe another seeker to abuse it, that's to make sure Luxchomp doesn't just Bright Look + Flash Impact my Yanmegas. Well feel free to pick apart my list and help me out a little.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back