Melee Orchestra

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Cooltrainer Aaron, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

Now I'm not quite sure where this one should be, but bear with me OK.

I know that the Melee Orchestra made a soundtrack CD for Smash Bros. Melee and went on tour. I also know that Nintendo Power gave away a CD containing their works.

What I want to know is if there is a soundtrack CD on sale and where I can buy it. Does anybody know?

2. GreatFox

GreatFox New Member

I beleive you mean the Smashing... Live! CD by the New Japan Philharmonic. Its a live Orchestra recording of the orchestra's debut put together by NCL/Hal.

Sorry, you can't buy it anywhere. It was an NP Subcriber only thing.

3. Cooltrainer Aaron

shoot, I hope it comes on sale soon, I mean if Sonic Adventure 2 has a soundtrack CD, why can't Smash Melee?

4. marthroy

marthroy New Member

Well, I should reply for no reason, with my name and such..

5. Cooltrainer Aaron

OK that made absolutely no sense marthroy.

6. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

it wasn't supposed to. oh and marthroy that's qualified as SPAM.

Anyway, I think that in Japan there may be a sountrack CD with the actual music used in the game (not the smashing... Live versions) because I've got some MP3's from it that are too good a quality to be recorded directly, but I haven't heard of one released here right now.

7. Dek

Dek New Member

All I have to say is...WOW.
    It's a great CD, I have to admit. What's even better is that some of the live music sounds way better than the stuff on the game :lol:

I would definately suggest listening to the songs with you eyes closed. If you're a Nintendo gamer, like me, you would probably start imagining real life stuff with the characters right in front of you. It's just amazing, breath taking, awsome. GAAHH!! must...listen...to...it...

8. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

You might *try* ordering the issue of Nintendo Power that it was released in. Also, check eBay for both the Nintendo Power and the Japanese magazine (I forget the name) that it was released in...

9. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Nintendo Power? Is this an American magazine, and what issue was it from?

10. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

January 2003

I'm not sure of the exact issue number. Yes, it is American.

11. White Gryphon

White Gryphon New Member

Hmm, might look on eBay and see if anyone's trying to sell one, you know how some people are...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.