Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Memphis Unseen Forces PreRelease

meganium45

It is with a heavy, yet happy heart that I get to make the following announcement.

I have agreed to let Pokedad be the PTO of Memphis, Tennessee starting with the Unseen Forces PreRelease.

I am sure that he will be on here shortly to update with the date and everything of his event. I will be meeting with him this weekend in St. Louis to go over the ordering and other procedures.

I am glad that Memphis will be in good hands.

Given that I have a new son due in August, running Memphis as well as St. Louis would be unfair to my friends and my family. And given that I have a "family" member in Clay willing and able to step to the plate in Memphis, now is the perfect time to make the transition.

Will the Memphisites still see me? Heck yes! Memphis still remains, to me, one of the best Pokemon communities around. Zak, Andrew, Alex and I have developed some great friendships over the past few years, and we are not going to let those go. I have a feeling Memphis will continue to be the "crossroads of the South" where the St. Louis players, and Mississippi players can converge to play with Memphis players in some of the best competition around.

I would like to thank EVERYONE in Memphis for their love and support over the years.

I will definitely talk to you all soon!

M45

Memphis will be in good hands with Clay. Plus, that lets Vince play a "few" more times a year instead of PTO'ing all the time in Memphis.

Keith

I wish I could be at this one, but I am pushing my luck, just going to Worlds.

Read my sig....

Zane Krekeler will be born anytime between 7/19/05 and 8/10/05

That will be enough for me to handle, I can't wait!

See you all at Worlds...I will be the one showing off the NEW BABY pictures!!!

M45

Yeah, and Keith, I really believe that once an area has someone ready to go, that area should be given to the local TO, when they are ready to take over. A local person will always have better relationships with their stores and players than an out of town PTO.

Memphis was a definite exception...I will miss that gang, and our constant contact. Still close enough that they know I will sneak on down, and I hope more of them will sneak on up.

Last edited:
Memphis crew...I'm not gonna "guarentee" that I will be there, but if we are talking August, I might be able to sneak on over. I should have a car in the next two weeks so I can start driving to the events. I look forward to possibly being there.

ultimate_healer said:
Memphis crew...I'm not gonna "guarentee" that I will be there, but if we are talking August, I might be able to sneak on over. I should have a car in the next two weeks so I can start driving to the events. I look forward to possibly being there.
Were all just looking at this topic everyday to see if your coming UH. :wink:

I'll be there.

What happened to PokeDad's post saying when the date is?If its gonna be on the 13th it looks like I'll have to skip this one.I have a canoe trip with Boy scouts and i gotta go to complete an eagle required badge.

Moltres423 said:
What happened to PokeDad's post saying when the date is?If its gonna be on the 13th it looks like I'll have to skip this one.I have a canoe trip with Boy scouts and i gotta go to complete an eagle required badge.

I'm pretty sure it's on the 13th. If you give me some time I'm sure I can find a way where you can be in both places, ending in comic results :tongue: Sorry you won't be there :frown:

Wow Week Before Worlds. Mr Vince Congrats with The New Arrival coming Soon.
Yea! For A Memphis PTO Finally..... After Like 8 Years?!?! :eek:

Last edited:
Dates We Have

wow PokeDAD hasn't posted yet...
Well I guess I will take the spot.
Me and him are a TEAM anyway.

SAT Aug 13th
:pokeball: Triple Play 2882 Wolfcreek Pkwy PH 372-8661
registartion @10:30 tournament @ 11:30 FEE $15.00
Main tournament should be over by 5pm

each player recieves 10 boosters

Mom's Pod is BACK
..we are going to do a group just for moms that want to play against each other.
should be a lot of fun... might as well play, your kids will.

Side Events (These events are optional and additional after the Main Event)
$15.00 Draft - with the new set
Gameboy tournament - pokemon teams must include Lvl 50 or lower pokemon and only one legendary from the Ruby & Saphire, Fire Red Leaf Green, OR Emerald Game Catridges. NO GAMESHARK or editing of any kind Please.

Last edited:
Um, Nitia, I do not think you are allowed to charge for gameboy events in TN.

Be careful with that...electronic gaming laws...

Gameboy tourneys are uber cool! Glad to see they are coming in!

M45

Hey Vince, where's St. Louis' Pre info? =/

Maybe now Vince will be up here more!

*Too bad Memphis people won't come up as much. I can always rely on Mew, though. :)*

meganium45 said:
Um, Nitia, I do not think you are allowed to charge for gameboy events in TN.

Be careful with that...electronic gaming laws...

Gameboy tourneys are uber cool! Glad to see they are coming in!

M45

REALLY???
I wonder ---
The only reason why I was going to chearge is so the I can give out an extra big prize...
I wonde how they get away with it for the Halo tourneys?? and LAN systems??

Metal Master said:
Hey Vince, where's St. Louis' Pre info? =/

Maybe now Vince will be up here more!

*Too bad Memphis people won't come up as much. I can always rely on Mew, though. :)*

,e,phis players always come up there all the time you know it's me demarion

Back