Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Messed Up Translation on Buck's

Status
Not open for further replies.

rerisenphoenix

I was looking through my LA cards from the Pre-Release, and I can across Buck's Training. It's exact wording is:
"Draw 2 Cards. As long as Buck's Training is next to your Active Pokemon, each of your Active Pokemon's attacks does 10 more damage to the Active Pokemon (before applying weakness and resistance)."

Shouldn't the bolded 'Active' Pokemon instead read Defending Pokemon? I know it's not that big of a deal, I just felt like sharing this.

It's the same wording as with Plus Power...

In such cases, it means that if your Pokemon uses an attack that does 10 damage to itself, that damage is also increased by 10.

It does seem mistranslated. The second part of Buck's Training should be an offensive maneuver, not a drawback :\

Wonder if this'll get errata'd promptly? :eek:

afstandopleren is exactly right. The wording on Buck's is identical to Strength Charm, PlusPower, and Darkness Energy, and the intention is that it increases damage you do to yourself, if any. To be fair, it's worth noting that this hasn't always been the case... the latter two cards have both been reprinted with different wording since their inception. In any case, I expect that Buck's Training has been translated correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back