Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Metagross LA?

ChaosKnuckles

This card doesn't seem to be getting as much hype as it should.

Metagross LV.58 – Steel – HP120
Stage 2 – Evolves from Metang

Poke-Power: Magnetic Reversal
You can use this Power once during your turn. Flip a coin, if heads choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon and switch it with your opponent's Active Pokemon. This Power can't be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[M][C][C] Meteor Mash: 50 damage. If Metagross uses Meteor Mash during your next turn, the base damage is 100 instead of 50.

Weakness: Fire (+30)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 3

This card is great being able to let you choose what to attack 50% of the time. You can kill your opponents Claydol. I don't think it could be used as a main attacker but as a tech it could be great. Maybe with the new Magnezone from IFDS? You could bring up your opponents Xatu techs, Claydols, and random basics to lock the game in your comtrol. Yes its a flip but it makes nothing on your opponents bench safe. What do you guys think of this card?

I think it should only be a tech, but I made mine with Jirachi LA, Magnezone IFDS, and Metagross (LA).

Magnezone can charge Jirachi, or Metagross can switch the defending pokemon for a high retreater DOOM DESIRE for an OHKO.

~~~

This is the kind of thing the game needs.

It's almost great with just Metagross, Claydol, buttloads of Wagers and a starter.

Maybe this in Beedrill?

Origins: Thats exactly What I was thinking. It makes Magnezone even better.

Phazon Elite: I think it could work well in any deck that constantly hits over 80. Just being in there to snipe Claydols can really turn the game around. Though I don't know how it would do as the main Pokemon, but its worth trying.

I'm just gonna tech it, prolly 2-1-2, in a Magnezone deck. Granting it free retreat will be very useful should it get caught in front place (as nice as that attack is). Its a great techkiller, yes, but its not TeH AwEsOmEnEss (Pardon the useage of capitals).
Then again, I can in fact imagine a deck built around this. It will need some energy acceleration, and a definite wording on its power; will multiple Metagrosses allow for multiple coin flips? If so, this card will be a deck all on its own, probably tier 1.5-ish.

Origins: Thats exactly What I was thinking. It makes Magnezone even better.

Phazon Elite: I think it could work well in any deck that constantly hits over 80. Just being in there to snipe Claydols can really turn the game around. Though I don't know how it would do as the main Pokemon, but its worth trying.
Empoleon-Metagross would be hilarious.

"Lawl, Claydol's active. Lawl, I snipe your other Claydol now. Again, lawl."

Scipio: From reading the attack it looks like its stackable. 2-1-2 is a little heavy in Magnezone, since the IFDS one searchs out metal pokemon. But if you want 2 flips then thats the way to go.

Phazon Elite: It could work well with so many Pokemon. Maybe Ariados, Metagross, and Empoleon?

Play it with duskinor! If they have nothing good on the bench to shufle away, use metagross. Sure, there's warp point, but that's a one time use.

Average of 75 over 2 shots. Its not bad at all y'know. Damage-To-Energy ratio of 25:1 is pretty good. Get in more attacks and it gets better.

A deck could be based around it. I've seen it done. It works.

Stage 2 techs will be difficult to fit in decks with so many great Trainers coming soon.

Why not Regice instead?

Edit: Just realized Regice lets the opponent choose. NVMND.

Power is good but it's attack is bad. 3 energy for 50 or 100.
Attack ain't bad, if you can stay active. Most attacks that do 3 for 100 make you discard.

Unless your opponent plays a ton of warp points (which most decks don't) it won't be hard to stay active, and benefiting from special Metal makes it harder to KO. 3 for 100 is great. You will be doing 100 more often than 50. Bring out a 50 hp Pokemon and KO it with the 50, then hit for 100 until you get warped or KOed.

Last edited:
It's definatley okay. But I mean, it's like Unown M(but unown M has to be active). Still, look at unown m in Gardevoir Gallade. Use Phoebe's or Moonlight Stadium to reatreat active, switch in Unown M, use power and use Teleportation,. Or Teleportation first if gardevoir lv.X is already active. Why not use it? Because it has a 50% chance of being useless. I think it's being a bit overhyped, as Dusknoir, another great tech, is always doing something.

I think it should only be a tech, but I made mine with Jirachi LA, Magnezone IFDS, and Metagross (LA).

Magnezone can charge Jirachi, or Metagross can switch the defending pokemon for a high retreater DOOM DESIRE for an OHKO.

~~~

Doom Desire isn't that great.

They can retreat, evolve, level up, and then you just wasted 2 energy.

Shino, you forget its easy to stack multiple Metagrosses and just keep it on the bench. Far less effort required to maintain it.

Back