Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Metal Energy (NG19)

prodigal_fanboy

I was wondering if it would be permissible to use NG Metal Energies (with translation) in Modified Play, provided I had a modern Special Metal Energy to use as a "reference" and made my opponents aware before each round.

Would this be blanket permissible, blanket impermissible, or a case-by-case HJ ruling? I'm just curious, because I'd like to use them (WotC cardstock is miles beyond today's in terms of quality, in my opinion), but would like a verdict before I create undue hassle. If not, I'll stick to them at League.

Here are pictures to cross-reference text:

Neo Genesis Print
Rising Rivals Print

Here is what the tournament rules have to say regarding reprinted cards:
15.4. Reprinted Cards
From time to time, cards printed in previous sets are reprinted in a new set. In most cases, the mechanics of the card remain unchanged, though the wording may be slightly altered for clarification. However, in a few rare cases, the game play text of a card is significantly modified. In these cases, the player must have an English or local‐language version of the card, outside of his or her deck, for reference.

For the 2009–2010 tournament season, players may use a copy of the official Pokémon TCG Card‐Dex containing the card’s text, which can be downloaded at from the Tournament Rules and Resources page, in lieu of a reference card. The Card‐Dex will not be permitted for use in lieu of a reference card after the 2009–2010 tournament season.

Please see the Tournament Rules and Resources page for a list of cards that have been reprinted and are legal for play in the Modified Format.
Metal Energy from Neo Genesis is allowable, providing you have a reference card or the page from the Card Dex.

BDS

Back