Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"Metal Heart" (Metagross/Scizor/Starmie + Milotic ex tech)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpson_Fan

Pokémon: (22/12 Basic)

4 Plusle (DX) (Is it a "must"?)

2 Beldum (HL Call for Family)
2 Metang (Wich one is the best?)
2 Metagross (HL)

3 Scyther (Twin Play)
3 Scizor ex

2 Staryu
2 Starmie (DS Metal Navigation)

1 Feebas
1 Milotic ex

Trainer: (23) (Need help with these...)

4 Celio's Network
4 Professor Elm's Training Method
4 Island Cave
3 Great Ball
3 Rare Candy
3 Steven's Advice
2 Scott

Energy: (15)

4 Metal
4 Boost
3 Water
2 Dark Metal
2 Psychic

Strategy:

Pretty much alike the "Dark Heart" strategy, only with different Pokémons and different Pokémon types. Start with Plusle and get out Beldum, Staryu and Scyther as fast as possible. Evolve them by using all the trainers and use Starmie's Metal Navigation to find a Metal Energy, then move it to Scizor ex with Metagross' power and start the fun ^^;

I think this deck will do good. Starmie is such a good partner to use with Scizor ex! It also covers the fire weakness if it would be any problems with Typloshion ex or Eeveelution or something.
Help is apprieciated.

Is it so that Starmie can't search the deck for a Dark Metal? If so, I will replace those with some Water Energy for Milotic ex.

Last edited:
An interesting idea. Certainly less vulnerable to Battle Frontier than Mercury, I have to admit, but I'd be a bit worried that the deck would suffer horribly at the hands of people teching against SMP. Starmie simply can't deal enough damage to be enough of a tech against Fire, or the much more dangerous ATM Rock

Yeah, I know... Fixed it now. Teched in a Milotic ex for the ATM[Rock] and the Fire Weakness Scizor has. The only thing I can do about Battle Frontier is keeping the 2 Scotts and the 4 Ancient Tombs. Hope you like it! (Still need more help on the trainers and some help on the Pokémons.)

You need to drop the 4 celio's because you already have beldum and plusle to get out your basics. The 4 PETM will be the right choice. Add 4 draw cards for the Celio's.

Personally, I'd keep the Celio's, drop the Dark Metal's (Can't be Navigated anyway), and put in 2 Holon's Electrode/Magneton.

3 Rare Candy
2 Scott
4 PETM
yah don't need the above

4 Strength Charm- This will help.
1 Scott- yah don't need two.
4 Copycat

Well these are my changes ,take my advice or not.

Last edited:
Starmie can't search search for dark metal and doesn't help vs typhlosion ex at all...

I made a similar deck, but note that metagross HL only transes from bench to active, so I used gardevoir DS.
you also play way too few draw-supporters imo, if it works for you, well, i won't stop you from playing it, but I'd prefer more draw and less search supporters.
super scoop up might be a good idea too btw :)

GL with the deck.

I'd drop the 1-1 milotic ex line... that's a rediculous thing to have if you have such little searchability. I'd also drop the plusle, and make a line like this...

4-beldum
3-metang
2-metagross (hl)
2-metagross (dx)

2 meta dx for getting that energy BACK out of the discard pile when Scizor dies( cause he will)
with the extra last card, throw in another rare candy... that way if you DO get rocked, you have a better chance of setting back up.

Anyway, if you are worried about scizor techs, run the Delta Marowak, tank him out with four metals and a dark metal and then he can act like spinning tail t-tar

As for pokemon though...

4 Beldum CFF
3 Metang (Your CHoice)
4 Metagross

2-2 Marowak

3-3 Starmie

and that should work well in your situation.

Trainers...the other trainers are good except this tiny issue

4 Island Cave...Thats not that needed
- 2 for 2 Holon Reasearch Tower make even your basic energy become metal =D thus letting you move BASIC energy cards from one to another.

Energy

- 2 boost
+ 2 Dark Metal

The rest is your choice, and i hope this helps

GL Dude

Tom

Broken_card said:
Dis deck sux... stick with SMP! (or get ready 2 lose... ...)
Don't spam up this thread with unneccessary comments!
Anyway deck looks good but nobody plays Rock Lock anymore so drop the Milo ex line.
Good Luck

Tommy's Back said:
Anyway, if you are worried about scizor techs, run the Delta Marowak, tank him out with four metals and a dark metal and then he can act like spinning tail t-tar

As for pokemon though...

4 Beldum CFF
3 Metang (Your CHoice)
4 Metagross

2-2 Marowak

3-3 Starmie

Tom
This look liek my team Heavy Metal Deck xD with the same pokemon line but 2 -2 Starmie work perfect but yah

Last edited:
Broken_card said:
Dis deck sux... stick with SMP! (or get ready 2 lose... ...)

Noobs, they'll say anything...

Anyway I like Tommy's Back idea. It frees you from Battle Frontier, and Desert Ruins. Maybe a Magcargo/Holon Ruins??? Or the Pokemon might be packed enough. Well 4 Great Ball, 4 Celio, 4 Stevens opens a lot of weird stuff up....

Last edited:
my opinion:you add delta pokemon, magcargo/holon ruins is a staple...well, a lot of delta. and multiples depend on whats your metagame. more drawing cards are needed. like 4-6.

note:whats all this online language? (ie noobs and sentences like IMO, GL etc) i'm new to this stuff. so i don't understand.

Noobs, they'll say anything...

I'll watch who i call noobs if i were u... ...

On second thoughts, its real nice, but darn slow.
Use dragtrode for a faster, cleaner search & switch approach.
Or maybe pidgeot. A 60hp starmie cant hold on to metal energy(s) dat long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back