Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Metal Mime Ver. 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogre

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Here is my friend's deck he is planning on making for the unlimited tournament we go to.

Pokemon ( 16 ):
3x Alakazams
1x Kadabra
3x Abras
3x Mewtwo EX
3x Chansey
3x Mr. Mimes

Trainers(26):
3x Oaks
2x Elms
4x CPU Searcher
3x Item Finders
4x Pokemon Center
2x Healing Fields
3x SER
2x Town Volunteers
3x Rare Candies

Energies( 18 ):
10x Psychic
4x Metal Energies
4x Recycle

Mr. Mime negates all damage 30 and above right? And 2 Metal Energies reduces damage by 20 Right? Well 2 Metal Energies on Mr. Mime would negate all damage. Thats pretty much the strategy behind this deck. Stall stall stall with the invincible Mr. Mine. Although special conditions can hurt Mr. Mime still, the damage swap would remove all the damage from the special conditions every turn.

Rates? Fixes?

Well, Metal Mime isn't viable in Nintendo rules due to the new Metal ruling. Also, if his power gets shut off, say goodbye to Mime. SER would kill the Mime concept as well. Very frustrating for someone without either of those two ways out though...I like the deck for WOTC rules.

does not work regardless, mettal always was applyed before powers or Erica's Dratini and mettal would also negate all dammage. Plus dammage counters ingore powers and defence modifyers so Random Curse will KO Mr Mime (so will judgment for that matter)

Captain Obviousx1: We are playing in an unlimited format with old rules.

Porygon3: Ah, didn't know that the metal energy comes before the power. That could almost work against me in some cases.

Also I think I'll change Healing Fields to Eco Gym.

Sounds good, I play in the same format. Maybe you'll show up at my AIM tournament, which follows that format. There's a topic up on the 'gym in the Tournaments forum...take a look.

Anyway, what does Healing Fields do, anyway?

If you're playing old rules, then you should not use any cards released after the rules changed.

New cards, new rules. Some of the new cards are over-powered with the old rules.

Ok so if I took out the Mewtwo EXs then it can follow the old rules right?

Alakazam stall doesnt work in that format anyways. Even if the Metal Mime worked, SER and ER would shut you down horrible. They just power a sneasel and GOW your Kazam and your Damage Swap is gone. TOO many ways to beat it and Resistance really hurts your offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back