Metal Mime Ver. 1.0

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Kyogre, Oct 5, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Here is my friend's deck he is planning on making for the unlimited tournament we go to.

Pokemon ( 16 ):
    3x Alakazams
    1x Kadabra
    3x Abras
    3x Mewtwo EX
    3x Chansey
    3x Mr. Mimes

Trainers(26):
    3x Oaks
    2x Elms
    4x CPU Searcher
    3x Item Finders
    4x Pokemon Center
    2x Healing Fields
    3x SER
    2x Town Volunteers
    3x Rare Candies

Energies( 18 ):
    10x Psychic
    4x Metal Energies
    4x Recycle

Mr. Mime negates all damage 30 and above right? And 2 Metal Energies reduces damage by 20 Right? Well 2 Metal Energies on Mr. Mime would negate all damage. Thats pretty much the strategy behind this deck. Stall stall stall with the invincible Mr. Mine. Although special conditions can hurt Mr. Mime still, the damage swap would remove all the damage from the special conditions every turn.

Rates? Fixes?

2. Captain Obviousx1

Captain Obviousx1 New Member

Well, Metal Mime isn't viable in Nintendo rules due to the new Metal ruling. Also, if his power gets shut off, say goodbye to Mime. SER would kill the Mime concept as well. Very frustrating for someone without either of those two ways out though...I like the deck for WOTC rules.

3. Porygon3

Porygon3 New Member

does not work regardless, mettal always was applyed before powers or Erica's Dratini and mettal would also negate all dammage. Plus dammage counters ingore powers and defence modifyers so Random Curse will KO Mr Mime (so will judgment for that matter)

4. Kyogre

Captain Obviousx1: We are playing in an unlimited format with old rules.

Porygon3: Ah, didn't know that the metal energy comes before the power. That could almost work against me in some cases.

Also I think I'll change Healing Fields to Eco Gym.

5. Captain Obviousx1

Captain Obviousx1 New Member

Sounds good, I play in the same format. Maybe you'll show up at my AIM tournament, which follows that format. There's a topic up on the 'gym in the Tournaments forum...take a look.

Anyway, what does Healing Fields do, anyway?

6. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

If you're playing old rules, then you should not use any cards released after the rules changed.

New cards, new rules. Some of the new cards are over-powered with the old rules.

7. Kyogre

Ok so if I took out the Mewtwo EXs then it can follow the old rules right?

8. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Alakazam stall doesnt work in that format anyways. Even if the Metal Mime worked, SER and ER would shut you down horrible. They just power a sneasel and GOW your Kazam and your Damage Swap is gone. TOO many ways to beat it and Resistance really hurts your offensive.

9. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

I guess you'd also replace the Rare Candys with Breeder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.