Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Metal wall (HP-GE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Hawk

GG has a new thing to tech for - Bastiodon. It's one of the few usable metal types in today's environment, with a glaring weakness to fire. That being said, pairing the wall with Omastar PK doesn't sound like a bad idea.

On with the list...

2 Relicanth GE
1 Tauros CG
2 Shieldon MT
3 Bastiodon MT
1 Omanyte d HP
2 Omastar PK
1 Squirtle SW
1 Blastoise d CG
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE
2 Unown G GE
-------
19 Pokémon

3 Armor Fossil
2 Mysterious Fossil

3 Fossil Excavator
4 Celio's
2 Roseanne
4 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp
1 TGW
3 Steven
-------
26 Trainers/Supporters

4 DRE
4 Sp. Metal
3 Scramble
3 Metal
1 Psychic
--------
15 Energy

Strategy: Wall with Basti. You have 4 DRE and 3 Scramble to ensure a fast Bastiodon. Basti absorbs damage pretty well with 130 HP and Metal Energy bonus, and when paired with Unown G he'll absorb Gallade's prizes pretty fast.

You have Relicanth and Tauros as starter - well, Tauros not so much for starting purposes, but as a droppable tech against CB. It can also search Squirtle/Baltoy combo to your bench.

Omastar PK is there for devolving - as it's fossil it's relatively easy to get out with Relicanth as your support, and it's second attack OHKOs Maggy Lv. X with Scramble and energy. For the same reason - countering Magmortar - there is Blastoise d: you counter sniping with Basti, and if Basti can last for a second turn, even better. Even Relicanth can get some action going against Maggy. Despite all that, the Magmortar matchup is propably your hardest one.

Unown G is to make Basti the wall it is - with 3 Special Metal and Unown G attached, there's nothing much to get through.

This deck takes a while to get rolling, but you can get 4-5 Bastiodons out per game (2 NM, 3 Fossil Excavator) which should give anything not fire type some troubles.

This deck has done actually pretty well against GG and Eeveelutions, as it discourages your opponent for doing small damage, thus wasting their resources pretty fast. GG doesn't want to use Psychic Lock against Bastiodon or Rare Candies/DREs against Omastar, so they'll focus on Gallades, which burn down resources pretty fast (especially if you can Unown G). Omastar also helps with Eeveelutions, discarding their DREs and making their Lv. X's unusable for a turn.

Maggy is still the problem, even after all the techs included. Omastar is the key player here, allowing comeback OHKOs to Maggy Lv. X (Not regular Magmortar though, I've been planning to put in some Pluspower to solve that problem...). As both players will propably want to be losing to activate the Scrambles, and your main attacker has the weakness. Even with the Basti's body, this will be a hard deck to handle.

Skittles is also hard, depending on their coinflips. They will focus on Ho-oh, so getting Blastoise out can help a bunch. The thing here is, you can't really use Omastar's first attack, as their main attacker is basic and support has power to reuse. They're fast, but you got Scrambles, so get your Omastar out and use the second attack for OHKO...

The current problem I'm facing is Crystal Beach. I don't know what to take out as the list is pretty tight, but I'd love to have a couple of (1). Counter stadiums or (2). Windstorms in...

Comments? Suggestions? I saw an old thread where Colin had a deck like this in MT era, so it can't be entirely bad.

there are no particular stadiums which help you and there are several stadiums which make your life more difficult (crystal beach, battle frontier, lake boundary)
therefore i say you need windstorms

rather than trying to cover up your weakness i would go on the counter offensive and tech vs fire, which means running 1-1 or 2-2 water line. you have a good point about your opponent not wanting to do just small amounts of damage to bastiodon, so why not expand this notion and add a support line of gyrados? Gyrados' energy requirements are not inconsistent with what you are already running and it is just nasty if wounded. you could even use magikarps weakness to your advantage -- attach unown g to him on the bench behind bastiodon's wall and pretty much take away Bring Down from Gardevoir lvl X. of course this makes your deck slightly more vulnerable to latilock but honestly, how much latilock is run anymore?

Ok, I'm thinking about dropping the Blastoise lineup, as it makes the deck even more vulnerable to BF.

-1 Squirtle
-1 Blastoise

+2 Windstorm

-1 Omastar
-1 Mysterious Fossil

+1 Magikarp
+1 Gyarados

Quite much 1s, but the main line should cover these pretty well.

Considering that your going to be running that many DRE/Scramble, Swampert doesn't exactly seem like a bad person to partner Bastiodon with.

Swampert can take care of Magmorter in one shot, and the combination allows you to store DRE or scrambles on your bench without phobia of anything short of a Dusknior. This will also allow you to garenteedly promote a fully powered pokemon to challenge whatever they promote.

A 1-1 or 2-2 Milotec line (probabally GE) wouldn't hurt either, as it would likely soak up Bring Down, as well as being able to strip Gallade of its ability to spike you. Or a 2-1-1 Milotech both the ability to act as a start up as well as giving a second option to nail fire/DRE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back