Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mew ex's body

brandonjmatt

I am confused about the effects of Mew ex's body and for those that are not familiar with it

Poke-body
Versatile

Mew ex can use the attacks of all Pokemon in play as its own( You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack)

but I am confused about if Mew ex uses an attack that has the name of the pokemon that attack that effect that pokemon or if it effects Mew ex also such as Dunsparce's Tripping turn attack

(c) Tripping Turn

The Defending Pokemon is now confused. You may switch DUNSPARCE with one of your benched pokemon.

now I am wondering if Mew ex used Tripping Turn as it's own attack can it swich with the bench because the attack Clearly staits that Dunsparce can switch and says nothing about Mew ex!

It's called "the self referencing rule" and it's even discussed in the Rule Book.
Whenever an effect of an attack or power refers to the Pokemon that is doing it, and that effect is being copied somehow by another Pokemon, replace the name of the original Pokemon with "this Pokemon".

So Mew could go to the bench if it used that attack.

Don't get this confused with Pokemon like Lunatone and Solrock that reference each other and therefore need an exact match.

Back