Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on MewKing (Mew Prime/Slowbro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver116

Heres my take on a lost world deck. I used to run Lostgar but was forced to by mews for a mewgar deck. Even Mewgar wasn't getting me the win results I needed. So I created a deck that got me real win results. It's called MewKing and is based around a mew and slowking combination. Here's the deck:

Pokemon 17 Basics: 11

4 Mew Prime
3 Mime Jr.
2-2-2 Slowking (Second Sight)
2 Gengar Prime
1 Spiritomb AR
1 Mr. Mime CL

Supporters 15

3 PONT
3 Copycat
3 Pkmn Coll.
3 Seeker
3 Twins

Trainers 15

4 Revive
3 Pkmn Comm.
3 Pokegear
2 Rare Candy
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Switch

Stadiums 2

2 Lost World

Energy 11

Phychic 9
Rescue 2

Now I know some of this deck seems weird but I'll break it up:

Mew:

Starter of the deck it's in there to start Lost zoning pokemon turn two . It also helps in the late game.

Slowking/Mime Jr.:

These two work in unison with each other. Slowking forces pokemon to the top of your opponents deck and Mime Jr. Lost zones them. Slowking's also good for giving yourself good draw cards, destroy your opponents top-deck, and also get pokemon for mew prime to lost zone. These two pokemon act as late game helpers.

Mr. Mime/ Spiritomb:

Mr. Mime checks your opponents hand for pokemon and spiritomb acts as a judge and a pokemon finder. These pokemon work back to back.

Energy Retrieval:

The weirdest tech for this type of deck. I find that this type of deck has low energy and when you have no energy for your mew this keeps the game going.

I hope you find this deck interesting and any help is appriciated. Even you criticism is welcomed. I like the deck but I find there is something missing. The only bad matchup that I tested it Blastzel. Thanks again and hope you help.

Posted with Mobile style...

Last edited:
You have 16 trainers not 15 for a total of 61 cards. You need to remove one card from somewhere.

Here's the corrected list:

4 Mew Prime
3 Mime Jr.
2-2-2 Slowking (Second Sight)
2 Gengar Prime
1 Spiritomb AR
1 Mr. Mime CL

Supporters 15

3 PONT
3 Copycat
3 Pkmn Coll.
3 Seeker
3 Twins

Trainers 15

4 Revive
3 Pkmn Comm.
3 Pokegear
2 Rare Candy
2 Energy Retrieval
1 Switch

Stadiums 2

2 Lost World

Energy 11

Phychic 9
Rescue 2

Sorry for the confusion

---------- Post added 08/17/2011 at 03:51 PM ----------

What is the 2-2-2 line of Slowking? Slowking is a Stage 1, so 2-2 would be 2 Slowpoke and 2 Slowking.

Sorry to disappoint you but Slowking is a Stage 2. Slowbro is a Stage 1.

Slowking is a stage 1 and evolves from Slowpoke, not Slowbro. You've got 2 more space in your deck now.

You've got it wrong. I won't let you troll me. Does anyone want to help?

---------- Post added 08/17/2011 at 04:16 PM ----------

Sorry for being rude. You're right when it comes to slowking. Any other suggestions?

Here's the corrected list:

4 Mew Prime
3 Mime Jr.
2-2 Slowking (Second Sight)
2 Gengar Prime
1 Spiritomb AR
1 Mr. Mime CL

Supporters 15

3 PONT
3 Copycat
3 Pkmn Coll.
3 Seeker
3 Twins

Trainers 15

4 Revive
3 Pkmn Comm.
3 Pokegear
2 Rare Candy
2 Energy Retrieval
1 Switch

Stadiums 2

2 Lost World

Energy 11

Phychic 9
Rescue 2

Ok here's the list with two open slots.

---------- Post added 08/17/2011 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmup-o
What is the 2-2-2 line of Slowking? Slowking is a Stage 1, so 2-2 would be 2 Slowpoke and 2 Slowking.
Sorry to disappoint you but Slowking is a Stage 2. Slowbro is a Stage 1.

Rare Candy is worthless here.

A lot of people have tried Mew / Mime Jr. decks, including me. My attempt was at http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1990175

The deck concept has several big problems:

1. By the second or third turn, your opponent will be able to OHKO you every turn; with Yanmega so popular, even if Mime Jr. is asleep, your bench can be hit.

2. With Prof. Juniper and Junk Arm so popular, your opponent will often be able to quickly discard any Pokemon in hand, leaving nothing to Hurl. This is particularly true for ZPS, which doesn't run many Pokemon anyway.

3. Now that Pokemon Catcher is here, Slowking is an easy target. Or, if Mime Jr. is asleep, Pokemon Catcher can just bring up something else for the opponent to OHKO.

It can be a fun deck at League, but that's about all, unless you are lucky enough to get the Slowking lock setup before your opponent has anything to hit you with.

Thanks for the help and sorry for all the list mistakes. I usually don't make one mistake.

I think this may have potential as a locking deck. Since it's so fast it can be ready turn two as many decks are only ready turn three. But with the disruption in play it can do even more damage and push their setup to turn 4/5. I'm going to take out the candies and have that as an open slot. I have 4 slots. Any suggestions?

My suggestion, since you really want a turn 1 Pokemon Collector:
+1 Pokemon Collector
+1 Pokegear
and for the other 2,
+1 Pokemon Communication
+1 Switch

Here's the updated list:

4 Mew Prime
3 Mime Jr.
2-2 Slowking
2 Gengar Prime
1 Spiritomb
1 Mr. Mime

3 PONT
3 Copycat
3 Pokémon Collector
3 Seeker
3 Twins

4 Revive
3 Pokémon Communication
3 Pokégear
2 Dual Ball
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Switch

2 Lost World

10 Phychic
2 Rescue

I'm thinking I don't need rescue..... Does it look good?

Here's the updated list:

4 Mew Prime
3 Mime Jr.
2-2 Slowking
2 Gengar Prime
1 Spiritomb
1 Mr. Mime

3 PONT
3 Copycat
3 Pokémon Collector
3 Seeker
3 Twins

4 Revive
3 Pokémon Communication
3 Pokégear
2 Dual Ball
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Switch

2 Lost World

10 Phychic
2 Rescue

I'm thinking I don't need rescue..... Does it look good?

Just edit your original post

4 Revives? Overkill... Virtually every deck needs 4 Collector and 4 Communication. You could probably get away with 3 Communication but 4 Collector is simply the only way to run this deck. 3 is not really a viable option. You could afford to drop Dual Ball too. Similarly, Copycat isn't great in a format where 2-card hands are not uncommon. Try a 4 Oak's/2 Juniper split. Also, try 3 Cheerleader's Cheer in the deck; it works very well in here based on my testing. Drop the rescues and retrievals to run 14 Psychic. Also, your deck needs Junk Arm and a 3rd Switch - maybe a 4th. Slowking WILL get Catchered.

Problem is that if the opponent Catchers up a Slowking chances are they're going to KO it since it's integral to the deck.

I agree with the Cheerleader's Cheer, I run them in my build as it's pretty crucial to hit multiple pokemon with Gengar to try and out speed their setup.

I've been trying to work Vileplume into my build, slowing down the whole game would work in this decks favor anyway slowing down their setup and will protect you from catcher, I'm just not sure yet if this deck can actually run for a whole game without trainers itself.

Thanks for the great advice! I'll start modifying the deck. I hope I have two cheerleaders because I'm low on them. Also I will for sure drop the the rescue and energy retrieval. I agree that vileplume is great in this deck but it would slow setup down. If you have a skeleton list of mewplume please post it.

---------- Post added 08/19/2011 at 10:06 AM ----------

Heres the updated list:

4 Mew Prime
3 Mime Jr.
2-2 Slowking
2 Gengar Prime
1 Mr. Mime
1 Spiritomb

4 PONT
2 Copycat
4 Pkmn Coll.
3 Cheerleaders cheer
3 Twins
3 Seeker

3 Pkmn Comm.
3 Poke gear
3 Junk Arm
3 Revive
3 Switch

2 Lost world

9 Phychic

Look good? Tell me what to take out for more phychic energy.

Problem is that if the opponent Catchers up a Slowking chances are they're going to KO it since it's integral to the deck.

Well they'll do one of two things. If it doesn't have any energy on it and they're running Yanmega, they'll probably snipe for a turn to force a wasted attachment and get some damage spread around without pressure. (unless they already know about the high switch count) Or they'll kill it like you said, but if they have Yanmega in the deck that's often not their first priority. Sure, their plan is to eventually kill it but with Switch you can foil that. If they look through your discard and see 2 Switch in there, they'll probably think that's all of them.

A high switch count is also good for when you open lone Mr. Mime, Slowpoke, etc because this deck desperately needs a T1 LZ on Gengar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back