3 Random Receiver
3 Level Ball
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Super Rod

Stadiums: 0

Energy: 9
4 Double Colorless
5 Darkness Energy

Strategy: Have Mew EX use Accelgor's Deck and Cover attack to paralyze my opponent, I promote Gothitelle after shuffling in Mew EX to trainer lock my opponent during his or her turn. That Gothitelle will have Darkness energy attached so that she can retreat my next turn (thanks to Darkrai) and another Mew can start the chain all over again. Musharna adds draw consistency. Ultra Ball thins out the extra pokemon from the deck while giving me fast set up.

The biggest flaw I am finding in play testing is not getting set up by turn 3. It usually happens, but when it doesn't I have a harder time winning. Any thoughts on better set up consistency? Looking to play this deck in my first competitive season in ages now that I'm finally living somewhere I can play.

Other cards I am considering for the deck.
1-0-1 Empoleon. Seems like it could be better draw support than Musharna. I'd have to burn a rare candy though, and I really need them for Gothitelle who is by far the more important card. If rainbow energy was in the format I'd use him for sure since he is a great back-up attacker if I'm dealing with a tech Espeon.
2 to 4 Max Potion. I have seen some variations of this deck that include Max Potion though I don't quite see why. If the lock goes into effect none of my Pokemon should ever be taking damage, unless I'm facing Chandelure EPO, which is not likely at all. If someone could give me a legitimate purpose for this card other than Chandy or turn 1 damage I'd consider it.

Translations:

Mew-EX – Psychic – HP120
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Versatile
This Pokemon can use the attacks of all Pokemon in play as its own. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[P] Replace: Choose as many Energy cards attached to your Pokemon as you like, then reattach them to your Pokemon in any way you like.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Last edited:
I would suggest adding a Venusaur line instead of Musharna. 2-1-2 would be safe, but you could try a 1-0-1. I know you don't want to use that extra Rare Candy, but the ability to search for any pokemon you want every turn is priceless in Deck and Cover. Also, I find putting anything back in your deck hurts consistency. For that reason I don't play Pokemon Communication (not really needed with Venusaur anyway) or N. Any card you put back is one more card that might come between you and that DCE you need.

My suggestion:

-1 Mew EX
-1 Munna
-1 Musharna
-2 Pokemon Communication
-3 N
-1 Super Rod
+2 Bulbasaur
+1 Ivysaur
+2 Venusaur
+3 Cheren
+1 Level Ball

Focus on getting that second or third turn Venusaur and everything else should fall into place.

RM

Max Potion is for when you knock something out going into your opponents turn and they get the chance to attack Goth.

you need a 2-0-2 line of gardevior so you can set up the two energy requirement for mew ex

-1 muna
-1 musharna
-1 RR
-1 level ball
-4 dce
-1 dark energy

+2 ralts NXD
+2 gardivior NXD
+5 psychic energy

find room to put in energy search and other ways to find pokemon

Last edited:
Status