Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mewtwo Lv.X

Rashad

I need help does anybody have any deck suggestions that could be used for Mewtwo Lv.X i like the card and would like to base a deck around it

Mewtwo can be played in any decks, any psychic deck since it's a good punching bag and has awesome attack power.

You don't need to focus on using Mewtwo, just find a Pokemon psychic that you like, play it out, Gardevoir, Alakazham, etc and plug Mewtwo in. It's an easy Pokemon to use and you can stall with it to get your strategy out.

I have been testing a Mewtwo-based deck, which does actually work pretty fine.

2-2 Mewtwo Lv.X
3-3 Arcanine SW
2-2 Claydol
1-1 Azelf Lv.X
1 Rayquaza
1 Regice
(1 Unown G)

The combo is Regice discarding energy and switching staller basics out of the way, Mewtwo picking it up and either using it itself or letting Arcanine come and throw a big hit. You can usually pick up 4+ energy before your opponent starts getting anything significiant out, and when he does, just blast them with Arcanine and follow up with Mewtwo to take another one of their big hitters down. I have pretty strong focus on PlusPowers and Bucks so that I can take down 95% of the current pokémon with one hit. Rayquaza provides an alternative method on charging Arcanine. Still, Mewtwo is the main attacker.

Also, self-charging, 120 HP (140 with Snowpoint), 120-hitting, no-weakness (with Azelf Lv.X) and no-effect taking (with Unown G) pokémon which doesn't even take damage from basics can be quite a pain to take down, true? And just a reminder: When you're not in danger, use the MD Mewtwo's Psyburn for 2HKOs or even 1HKOs. And if your opponent stalls, you can even Recover your Mewtwo.

It's not as bad as people are making it to be.

I've been using Mewtwo with Azelf and Exeggutor and so far, only been losing to one deck at our local tournaments, my wife's, which is Magmaphlosion.

1 - Mewtwo Lv. X
3 - Mewtwo (MD)
1 - Azelf Lv. X
1 - Azelf (LA)
3 - Eggsecute (LA)
3 - Eggsecutor (LA)
1 - Natu
1 - Xatu
1 - Baltoy
1 - Claydol

I have beaten every deck I have faced in our local tournament except my wife's Magmaphlosion. I got 2nd last week to her deck and I got 4th this past week and my only loss was to her.

Z

mewtwo almost beat my AMU so its good. I suggest a 2-2 line with like enrgy pick up and lunasol maybe?

I have been testing a Mewtwo-based deck, which does actually work pretty fine.

2-2 Mewtwo Lv.X
3-3 Arcanine SW
2-2 Claydol
1-1 Azelf Lv.X
1 Rayquaza
1 Regice
(1 Unown G)

The combo is Regice discarding energy and switching staller basics out of the way, Mewtwo picking it up and either using it itself or letting Arcanine come and throw a big hit. You can usually pick up 4+ energy before your opponent starts getting anything significiant out, and when he does, just blast them with Arcanine and follow up with Mewtwo to take another one of their big hitters down. I have pretty strong focus on PlusPowers and Bucks so that I can take down 95% of the current pokémon with one hit. Rayquaza provides an alternative method on charging Arcanine. Still, Mewtwo is the main attacker.

Also, self-charging, 120 HP (140 with Snowpoint), 120-hitting, no-weakness (with Azelf Lv.X) and no-effect taking (with Unown G) pokémon which doesn't even take damage from basics can be quite a pain to take down, true? And just a reminder: When you're not in danger, use the MD Mewtwo's Psyburn for 2HKOs or even 1HKOs. And if your opponent stalls, you can even Recover your Mewtwo.

It's not as bad as people are making it to be.

wow this seems really playable!

I saw so many Mewtwo X techs in masters it was digusting since its just a useless tech sometimes. Also,if you build a deck around it,it should be

3-1 Mewtwo X
1 Azelf LA
2-2 Claydol
2-2 Cresse X
1-1 Lunasol
1 Unown G

i saw one with togekiss in it and 1-0-1 Dusknoir it was really good it got top 2 at a battle road yesterday

Don't underestimate Mewtwo wiht Chomp either. You cand restore it then next turn free retreat Lv up and 120! Energy absorb after attachign to a chop o nthe bench wash repeat. Snowpoint works well with Chomp anyway do to Restore and if you get 1 head with Dragon Pulse, then it brings most everything within range of Mewtwo!

GL Rashad!!

Fish

Regice in Kingdra destroys AMU majority of the time,even with Mewtwo in AMU.

But Mewtwo is tech really,but a fun deck to try out.

Back