Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on MewVoir (Mew/Mewtwo/Gardevoir)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoSpot

First, I'd like to say that I just wrote this idea down a few days ago in like 10 minutes. So I haven't put much thought into it so far, nor have I been able to test the idea.
I know that some people are saying that Gardevoir and Mewtwo aren't the best pair (compared to Mewtwo and Eels, Celebi, etc.) but I think it could work if you did something like this.

Pokémon (15) :pokeball:
4 Mew Prime
3 Mewtwo EX
3-2-3 Gardevoir (ND)
1 DarMAXitan (ND)

T/S/S (34) :pokeball:
4 Collector
4 PONT
2 Cilan
2 Twins

4 Exp. Share
2 Catcher
3 Rare Candy
3 Revive
3 Communication
2 Level Ball
3 Junk Arm
2 Energy Retrieval

Energy (11) :pokeball:
3 Rescue
8 :psychic:

Strategy:
See Off a Mewtwo EX t1, and with Gardevoir on your bench, Mew can hit for a lot of damage with X-Ball, and when it's KO'd, you don't lose the 2 prizes. Use Revives and maybe a Rescue energy to keep all your Mews in play. And if you need another attacker, you can use the other Mewtwo.

Now obviously this is a flawed list, but that's what you guys are here for.
So thanks in advance for the advice!

Last edited:
You don't need so many of the Gardy portion. Once one hits the bench, you can ger to swinging. I suggest dropping a Candy, a Kirlia, a Gary, and 1-2 Ralts for something else.
Posted with Mobile style...

-2 Skyarrow Bridge (Mew has free retreat cost and is useless with mewtwo if gardevoir is in play)
-1-1-1 Gardevoir (As Doonan said, 4-2-3 lines is excesive for a supporter pokemon)

+1 Mewtwo
+3 Junk Arm
+1 Catcher

Lose the evolite, mew is one shot by, well, anything in the format. Exp. Share would be more beneficial to keep energy switching between mews so even if 1 is KO, the next turn you're still swinging for 80. But it may be that I'm just set on conservation and expedited recovery with these huge basics.

Oops, forgot to put the 2 Exp. Share in the first draft.
Anyway, I think I'll add more Exp. Share's and drop the Eviolites down to 1. Just in case.
The updated list is above.

Thanks everyone!

Tested against Eelzone and went 4-3 (pretty much whoever started well won the game).
I learned that
  • Mismagius has been kind of useless so far.
  • I don't really need 3 Mewtwos. Plus, I can't afford 3 Mewtwos.
  • I need Gardevoir out there faster, and I need two on my bench (Catcher).
  • I don't need 4 Revives, because my Mew usually has a Rescue.
  • I need a way to get energies from the discard.
  • And finally, Exp. Share is AMAZING

Here's my new list. Tell me what you think!

Pokémon (15) :pokeball:
4 Mew Prime
2 Mewtwo EX
3-2-3 Gardevoir (ND)
1 DarMAXitan (ND)

T/S/S (34) :pokeball:
4 Collector
4 PONT
2 Cilan
2 Twins

4 Exp. Share
2 Catcher
3 Rare Candy
3 Revive
3 Communication
2 Level Ball
3 Junk Arm
2 Energy Retrieval

Energy (11) :pokeball:
3 Rescue
8 :psychic:

Last edited:
DarMAXitan is a stage 1 so you're going to need a darumaka in there as well

I don't think Cilan is needed since there's only one energy type and you can't search rescues for it. If you're really pressed for energy maybe try IQ, that way you could get rescue as well. Your call, really, 3 guaranteed energy can be nice in a bind.

If you're having trouble getting things out, I'd try more draw supports

With 4 collectors, level ball doesn't seem too necessary, Since itd be used for pretty much just kirlias
Posted with Mobile style...

If you're just going to be using X-Ball, I don't see the point of Darmaxitan, or any other pokes for that matter.

You waste an extra turn seeing off...and I don't see the point in giving up X-Ball for a flippy attack.
Either use one or the other, but I wouldn't use both.

I'm not expecting to use DarMAXitan very much, it's mostly there in case both Mewtwos are prized... insurance, I guess. If both were prized (without DarMAXitan) that'd be an automatic loss. But it still gives the potential for a lot more damage than X-ball, in some cases.

Should I
-1 Level Ball
+1 Draw Supporter?

And what should I use... I'm thinking probably Juniper, but N could also be good.

1. How would the Fliptini help that much? It seems like it could affect the consistency a bit. And what is the point of Prisms? For the Fliptinis?
2. Without Rescue I'd lose a lot more (run out of Mews). And I think the cards I have right now are more effective than FSL at getting stuff out of the discard because they go straight to my hand, and the cards are Trainers.

Last edited:
What's the point in even running Mew as opposed to Mewtwo? You only have 60, same weakness as Mewtwo, and waste a turn using See Off. I get that you only lose one prize when it comes to it being knocked out, but in the time it takes to knock one Mewtwo, two to three of your Mew's could have been knocked. I'd drop Mew from it all together, and focus on using Gardy and Mewtwo alone.
Up the Mewtwo count to 4, and run it that way.

First, I use Mews because there is no way I could afford to get 4 Mewtwos. Second, you don't waste a turn Seeing Off because it takes two turns to power up Mewtwo anyway. I agree that it may be better with only Mewtwos, but I can't make that atm.

First, I use Mews because there is no way I could afford to get 4 Mewtwos. Second, you don't waste a turn Seeing Off because it takes two turns to power up Mewtwo anyway. I agree that it may be better with only Mewtwos, but I can't make that atm.

An opposing mewtwo can OHKO a mew turn one if they have a double colorless....

An opposing mewtwo can OHKO a mew turn one if they have a double colorless....

This.

Can't get 4 Mewtwo EX? Understandable to an extent - they're expensive.
It takes two turns to power up a Mewtwo?
DCE, GG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back