Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MF venusaur deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur

Venusaurs my favorite MF pokemon because pokemon center is broken in it and you can take advantage of your opponents weaknesses.

Pokemon(21)
3 Bulbasaur
3 Ivysaur
3 Venusaur
2 Cleffa
2 Pichu
2 Moltres SK
2 Suicune AQ
1 Entei AQ
1 Neo3 Entei(NH)
1 Elekid
1 Neo3 Lugia

Trainers(26)
4 Elm
4 Copycat
4 Double Gust
3 Center
2 Trader
2 Fan club
2 Energy Stadium
2 Focus Band
2 Switch
1 Town volunteers

Energy(13)
9 Grass
4 Rainbow

Strategy: Evolve into Venusaur and transfer the grass and rainbow energy to whatever pokemon to attack your opponents weakness(Moltres to beat grass etc). Pichu does hurt my pokemon but I have pokemon center for that. Im running 2 Moltres because its my only chance vs scizor and if one is in the prizes I need the other one. AQ Entei is for Meganiums, Jumpluffs, Beedrills. Suicune beats my weakness. Lugia is just a good pokemon with 90 hp and a decent attack. He kills Muk, Espeon, alakazam and doesnt get hurt by tyrogue =O.

Vs Entei/cargo: Pichus with focus bands and AQ suicunes can take care of them like 70% of the time.

Vs gatr/sect: it has weakness lol.

Vs Scizor/Muk: This is what Lugias for. Start putting energy on Lugia while evolving into Venusaur. Once you have 4 energy on Lugia gust the Muk and kill it, then trans the energy to Moltres and kill scizor.

Anything else/rogue deck: Attack with mostly venusaur and switch them around to spread damage. Then use center when you cant take anymore damage.

lmk what you think

Man, it's great to see a Venusaur deck. My most powerful deck is what I call "Turbo Venusaur", and it combines some stratagy from Venucenter as well.

Anyway, now for the deck. You have good stratagies, but you lack healing cards (other than Center, which is only useful when Venusaur is out), which could be useful when playing Rainbow Energy. Berries are good; Potions are better. Your Pichus destroy your Venucenter stratagy, so you really need other healers. Speaking of the Pichus, you might as well remove them altogether, and instead put in a couple Tyrogues or Cleffas. I like to play Neo 3 Celebi, as it can heal itself and also do fair damage, thus making it an excellent staller until I get my Venusaur out. I play only grass Pokemon in my Venusaur deck, so Steel can really hurt. I play Magnifier for those, though you might not have that problem with your Fire types. Hope this helps.

This is what I would do:

-1 entai
-2 Moltres
-2 suicene
-1 lugia
-1 t.v.(town volenteer)
+1 elekid
+1 bulb
+3 breeder
+ 1 trader
+1 focus band

Only do this if you are not using base set Venasaur.

A plain Sceptile deck with both types would be better. Especially the Lizard Poison one.
But Venusaur is still legendary. :thumb:

Last edited:
Venusaur decks can really crush any competition, especially when comboed with Center. Just imagine...all of your Pokemon healed with just one trainer card and no loss of energy!

You could use Scoop Up. With all the big basics you can stall with one if needed and just Scoop Up when your ready. I faced one of these at Gencon. It can be Evil. Just make sure 1 of your pokemon doesn't go down with all the energy. Then your in trouble. You should have 4 Focus Band to prevent that. Those darn Focus Band stopped me from beating this deck at Gencon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back