Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MI Top 8 Report

Pandemonium

I decided to go to a second states this weekend, as my showing last weekend was....poor. (Blastcatty w/dialga G was NOT the play XD), and since I have everything BUT a Palkia G lv X to run palkia/dialga, I was was going to play Champ today.

Wake up 4 in the morning, leave at 4:45 to head up to Okemos! (From indiana). I don't know any of the people's name I played, really, aside from what's listed. Sorry.

Game 1 v.s. ????? with Magnezone/Manectric/????

I start with a lone Uxie, and have to go first against his active Magnemite. I attach, psychic restore for 20. he draws, plays roseanne's for electrike and metal, attaches to active mite, benches elektrike, and hits me for 10 or something like that.

Next turn I draw in to a handi 910. I roseanne's for a machop and fighting. I bench machop, attach. handi 910 for a candy, luxury ball for a baltoy, candy into claydol, cosmic power, retreat uxie, put up machop. play night maitenance to shorten the hand, and play my last uxie in the deck. I draw into the one drawer I needed. Candy, champ GG.

(1-0)

Game 2 v.s. ???? with Leafeon/Shaymin/Uxie

I had the donk, he had a single basic. we flip, I have to go first. (of course) I attach, kick for 20. Next turn he gets Uxie X and Leafeon X out in the same turn. He attacks, I draw, and have no choice but to scoop, it was GG his next turn.

(1-1)

Game 3 v.s. Foisy (i think?) with AMU

I do believe I went first with uxie, and restored for 40. Next turn (might have been the turn after) he doesn't play anything, i knew his hand was locked with NRG. I ended up dropping a stupid amount of cards and setting up everything in one turn. He scooped. GG, sorry.

We played a fun game after, that was a lot better...but then we realized it was lunch time and we were wasting time, and both scooped it up =P.

(2-1)

Game 4 v.s. J something with Gigas/Weavile

He had beat Kyle earlier, and I saw that he was running weavile during round one, so I spent a lot of my efforts attempting to draw into cyclone NRG since he was stacking up gigas's on the bench with Weavile. Turns out he only has 1 unown G, and it's prized. He wastes a Bebe's that he needed to use for another weavile and gets an azelf to time walk his G. big mistake, there was no point. Next turn I premier ball for the X, attach, roseanne's for regirock, regicycle, starks to champ, strong willed. Next turn he brings up gigas and does gigaton punch, flips tails, i flip heads on strong willed, he scoops. GG

(3-1)

Game 5 v.s. Ttar

He starts with two sneasel, I start with Uxie and a benched baltoy. We flip , I go second. I attach to uxie, play roseanne's for machop and NRG. attach, play a lux ball for the uxie, use set up, and draw into my 2nd drawer. I play both drawers, donk his sneasel.

Next turn he plays up his second sneasel, makes it weavile, felicity's to discard two dark and draws into larvitar, candy, ttar. (rofl). he shadowcharges to pump up ttar. Next turn I draw a pokedrawer, play a roseanne's, get a machop and baltoy. I candy into claydol, cosmic power, play a handi 910, get another drawer. I draw for a switch and uxie X. I drop the machamp X, strongwill his weavile. next turn ttar with 4 special tries to grind. I flip heads on strongwilled, i rage next turn after some dancing. GG.

(4-1)

Game 6 v.s. Alex =O with Kingdra Decides Top Cut

He starts with a lone Uxie...I start with machop and baltoy and go second. I candy into claydol, cosmic power, attach, get an uxie, set up, get my 2nd drawer I needed..get candy and champ. Sorry, man... GG i guess =\.

(5-1)

I'm in the Top 8 now..and i find out....table 2! so close to table 1 =( Well, after waiting on an epicccc sudden death between Justin (i think?) and Kyle, we can start Top 8.

After them not liking my decklist at all, and me wanting to say that the logistics behind that ruling is totally bogus, but they were very nice about it and it all worked out. I'll know now what to do =P. Sorry judges!

Game 1 v.s. Brandon Runyon (i think is his name..) with Dialga/Palkia

I get a good starting hand, (1 azelf, 2 candy, 1 lux ball, 2 premier ball, 1 machop) i hold onto the machop since we flipped before we drew, which was definitely the play. He defeans my azelf for 7 turns. I should have scooped to save time, but i only needed one card to make it all happen. Turns out I didn't get that card, bummer. Deafen FTL (literally)

Game 2

Wow.....really...really good game. I didn't think Machamp and a G deck could have a game like this. He VERY strategically kept playing poketurns at the perfect time on pokes with his Unown G on it to immediately attach to the next attcker. He power locks me 7 times that game, each power spray was a perfect play, literally.

Thinking he wouldn't spray my cycle...I opted to go with Cycle before a cosmic power...and that cost me a rage. My brain was totally bent from this game. We played this game for 42 minutes and the prizes were only at 2-3 in my favor when time was called. I don't even know what happened that game, it was one of the best games I've playedin awhile.

Game 3

He top decks the poketurn he needs ftw on turn 2 or three after using set up. nice. glir!

Props:

2nd premier event ever and I got top cut.
Randomly buying a single booster from Farbs and pulling a RH Manectric. ( i needed it XD)
Getting an Electabuzz in my packs for t8
Me keeping busy the whole time in between rounds.

Slops:

Deafen
Me realizing all of the other food places AFTER I bought McDonald's. I'm still irritated about that D:<
Cop coming up to my car an hour before the tourney thinking I was smuggling drugs in the corner of the parking lot or something. But I was just resleeving my cards D:<
ME LOSING MY IPOD. So if you find a silver nano..it's mine =\, I literally just got it two days ago too.

Last edited:
I know how you feel. McDonald's food is sometimes a worse feeling than stabbing your hand. =(

Good job.

Last edited:
Hey our top 8 match was crazzzzy insane. I just put the Unown G in earlier that week and knew I had to have it just to be able to beat Machamp. I guess it came in handy lol.
Game 2 definitely stressed my brain out mentally I could have won that game by simply knocking out your active machamp when you were raging for 100 as you couldn't have gotten another one out, at least I don't believe. I was just so concerned about you returning with a take out ko. A really good showing for only your second premier even though!

(btw, that is my name haha)

Yesss, it was. Ah, definitely did come in handy!

I was sitting on NM, chop, candy, when i was raging. =) I had a decent chance for the return. Thanks for the good words. Maybe i'll see you at regionals.

Back