Date: March 24th 2012

Time: Registration from 9:00am-10:00am

Play begins at:After Registration and Deck Checks Have Finished

Cost for main tournament:FREE!!!

Tournament Location:
Okemos Conference Center
2187 University Park Drive
Okemos, MI 48864

All Ages Welcome!! Pokémon Organized Play separates players into three age divisions; Junior, Senior and Masters. The age division that a player participates in is set at the beginning of the tournament season, based on their year of birth, and does not change over the course of that season. This allows players to compete against the same pool of opponents over the course of the season.

The age divisions are as follows: • Junior Division: Born in 2001 or later • Senior Division: Born in 1997, 1998, 1999, or 2000 • Masters Division: Born in 1996 or earlier

What you need to Bring

60 card modified deck (see below for info on modified)
A die/coin and some damage counters (if using a dice for coin flip it has to be transparent)
Extra money for food
Extra money if you want to buy anything from our store

Main Tournament Format

All 60-card decks must be made to the current Modified Format which consists of cards from the following card sets:

HeartGold SoulSilver
HeartGold SoulSilver Unleashed
HeartGold SoulSilver Undaunted
HeartGold SoulSilver Triumphant
Call of Legends
Black & White
B&W Emerging Powers
B&W Noble Victories
B&W NeXt Destinies
HeartGold SoulSilver: Trainer Kit
Black & White: Trainer Kit
Black Star Promos HGSS01 & up &BW01 & up
McDonalds Collection

The tournament will be age-modified swiss and you will be given 30 minutes +3 in order to play each round. During this tournament you will play with 6 prize cards.

Prizes!!

So what can you earn for winning? Everyone will receive 1 States Promo Card while supplies last. Each age group (see above) will receive the following:

1st place:
A Pokémon TCG State Championship Award
A $300 travel allowance to participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (U.S. & Canada). This allowance will be given on-site at the National Championships*
36 booster packs of Pokemon TCG Next Destinies
A first-round bye at the U.S. or Canadian National Championships**
10 Championship Points

2nd place:
A Pokémon TCG State 2nd Place Award
36 booster packs of Pokemon TCG Next Destinies

3rd place:
A Pokémon TCG State 3rd Place Award
18 booster packs of Pokemon TCG Next Destinies
6 Championship Points

4th place:
A Pokémon TCG State 4th Place Award
18 booster packs of Pokemon TCG Next Destinies
6 Championship Points

5th & 8th place:
9 booster packs of Pokemon TCG Next Destinies
5 Championship Points

9th & 12th place:
4 Championship Points (If division attendance is 32 or greater)

13th & 16th place:
3 Championship Points (If division attendance is 64 or greater)

17th & 32th place:
2 Championship Points (If division attendance is 64 or greater)

33rd & 64th place:
1 Championship Points (If division attendance is 128 or greater)

*Players can win multiple travel allowances. Travel allowances must be collected by the winner of record.
** Byes do not stack. Players winning more than one S/P/T event will receive only a first-round bye.

Pokemon Side Events

Note: We will have ability to take Visa/Discover/American Express/Mastercard, however a small charge (15-20 cents depending on cost of side event) will apply...

Lucario 8 Person Tournaments
Cost: $5
Modified format
Prizes:
1st Place: 2 packs of Noble Victories, 60-pack of Lucario Sleeves
2nd Place: 2 packs of cards
3rd-8th place: 1 pack of cards

Pokemon Sleeves 8 Person Tournaments
Cost: $5
Modified format
Prizes:
1st Place: 2 packs of Noble Victories, 60-pack of Pokemon Sleeves
2nd Place: 2 packs of cards
3rd-8th place: 1 pack of cards

Pokemon playmat Tournaments (We will run multiples of these tournaments until out of mats)
Cost: $7
Modified format
Prizes:
1st Place: Pokemon Playmat
Other prizes TBA

Buying/Selling Pokemon products

Troll and Toad will be buying and selling cards at the event..
Troll & Toad Buy List http://www.trollandtoad.com/buyingview.php?buylistid=9

While trading is fine, please note that buying/selling cards with anyone except for our authorized dealer(s), or soliciting to do so elsewhere, is strictly forbidden at this event. Failure to obey this rule may result in both the buyer and the seller being removed from the event, and banned from attending future events.

It's not going to feel like States since it won't be an Hour and a half+drive... Thankful for that though. Can't wait for March!

Edited because Derick ripped everything I said to shreds :(

Last edited:
It's not going to feel like States since it won't be an Hour and a half+drive... Thankful for that though. Can't wait for March!

For those coming out of state-
Food in the area is essentially Taco Bell, Dunkin Doughnuts, and a few sit down places, (Not going to be time for that on a lunch break I'd say) unless you actually drive into Okemos (Maybe 10 Minutes) at which point there is basically everything fast-ish you could imagine.

So did the Arby's and Mcdonalds close since I was there last week? Mcdonalds is right down the road, and Arby's is across from Dunkin Doughnuts

I don't have a PERFECT memory....

(Plus I don't remember places that pass horse meat as chicken)

Arby's takes offense to that statement. There is also a Quiznos (according to Google maps) right down the road from Taco bell. Little Caesars Pizza is across from Dunkin Doughnuts. Subway is next door to that. Applebee's is also next to McDonalds and you can always order ahead with there curbside to go. These are all less then 1/2 mile from the venue.

So what was that complaint about food again? Guess you just listed places you would eat? Google maps and Fastfood app for IPhone lists almost 30 food places within 2 miles of the venue

…I SAID that there was EVERYTHING right down the road into Okemos from the venue.

(And that statement was 100% aimed at McDonalds)

Posted with Mobile style...

Well I guess you can only hope so much. Luckily I have friends like you your brother and your mom. ;) I will find out if I am going soon.

Back