Play begins at: 12:15pm

Cost for main Tournament: FREE!!!!

Tournament Location:
Holiday Inn Harvest Room
2000 Holiday Inn Dr.
Jackson, MI 49202
Hotel Phone: 517-783-2681

Please Note: DO NOT CALL THE HOTEL WITH QUESTIONS ON THE TOURNAMENT

All Ages Welcome!! Pokemon Organized Play is featuring three age brackets for the Main Tournament play. Our age brackets are; 10 and under, 11 to 14, and 15 and over.

Everyone who signs up for the event will receive a special promo card that is only available at one of these events! You will also receive a POP Series 1 pack and Pin.

Main Tournament Format

You will need to bring a 60 card deck in order to play in main tournament.
The tournament will be age-modified swiss and you will be given 30 minutes in order to play each round.

Prizes
So what can you earn for winning? Everyone will receive 1 States Pin, One States Promo, and 2 POP Packs for attending. Top placers in each age group (10 and under, 11-14, and 15 and up) will receive the following:

Please note: The Prizes are larger then what is listed on the Pokemon-TCG Website. The TO has added to the prizes to thank all the players for there continued support.

1st place: 36 boosters packs (1 box) of Pokémon TCG Deoxys, State Championship Trophy, generic winner pin, prize bag, VIP badge, 4-day Origins pass and $300 travel allowance for nationals

2nd place: 18 packs of Pokémon TCG Deoxys Boosters

3rd & 4th place: 9 packs of Pokémon TCG Deoxys Boosters

5th & 8th place: 4 packs of Pokémon TCG Deoxys Boosters

9th and below: 1 pack of Pokémon TCG Deoxys

About Origins Prizes:
There will be a form for the Origins badge that must be mailed directly to Origins. There will be a form for the trophy plaque and the VIP badge that must be mailed to PUI. VIP badges will sent out in one big batch after Nationals. These badges will be good for prereleases, starting in August. Players can only earn one VIP badge no matter how many events they win. Anyone who does not turn in their form in time will lose their prize. The travel awards will be given out at Origins. Players must attend Nationals to collect this portion of the prize.

Side Event Formats Explained

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, FRLG Game Boy Advance Side Event Tournament

Price--There is no entry fee for this tournament.

Prizes--

1st Place-4 EX Deoxys Booster Packs
2nd Place-2 EX Deoxys Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place-1 EX Deoxys Booster Packs

**Prizes MAY be added depending on participation

Pokemon Requirements:
3 Pokemon of level 50 or lower.
No two of the same Pokémon.
Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, and Rayquaza are banned.
No duplicate held items.
Certain powers (Rest, Recover, etc) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match.
"Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed.

Disclaimer. You must be able to connect to R/S. In order to be able to do that, you need to beat the Elite 4 and then make sure that they got Celio's Ruby AND Sapphire Plates so that his machine works and that they can they battle against R/S.

Pokémon Modified-Swiss Tournament

Pokémon Modified Swiss Tournament-This tournament will be started after the end of the 4th round of play for anyone who wants to drop from the main tournament. Players will need to bring there own Modified Legal 60 card deck. Players will play a number of rounds of Modified Swiss based on attendance. If there are 16+ players, then we will then break to top 8 to determine the winners. Cost: $5.00

Pokémon Modified Single Elim Tournament-Multiple tournaments of this type will be available after the main prerelease. Players will need to bring there own Modified Legal 60 card deck. Players will play a number of rounds of Single Elimination based on attendance. Cost: $5.00 [/b]

Prizes for TCG side events are based on attendance. The information below shows you if you have x amount of players in the tournament how many packs will be awarded as prizes.

8-11 Players
1st Place-6 EX Deoxys Booster Packs
2nd Place-4 EX Deoxys Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place-2 EX Deoxys Booster Packs

12-15 Players
1st place = 12 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs
2nd place = 6 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place = 3 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs

16-19 Players
1st place = 18 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs
2nd place = 9 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place = 4 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs

20-23 Players
1st place = 24 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs
2nd place = 12 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place = 6 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs

24-27 Players
1st place = 30 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs
2nd place = 15 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place = 7 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs

28-32 Players
1st place = 36 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs
2nd place = 18 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs
3rd & 4th Place = 9 packs EX Deoxys Booster Packs

Food Information

There may be a break for Food. However since the tournament doesn't start until noon I recommend eating before you come. The only break we would possibly take is for Supper.

Registration forms

These are the registration forms we will be using at the State Championships and all our events.

http://www.cardleagues.com/pokemon/info/deckreg.doc
Blank Deck List(Microsoft Word)
http://www.cardleagues.com/pokemon/info/deckreg.pdf
Blank Deck List(Acrobat PDF)

http://www.cardleagues.com/pokemon/info/TournamentRegForms.doc
Blank Registration Form(Microsoft Word)
http://www.cardleagues.com/pokemon/info/TournamentRegForms.pdf
Blank Registration Form(Acrobat PDF)

Hotel Information

Holiday Inn
JACKSON
2000 HOLIDAY INN DR
JACKSON, MI 49202
UNITED STATES
Tel: 1-517-7832681
Fax: 1-517-7835744
Check-In Time: 4:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM

Whether you are looking for an escape for you and your family or you are on a business trip, the Holiday Inn Jackson has what you are looking for. We offer year round activities to make your stay truly enjoyable. In our 30,000 square foot Holidome you will find everything the kids are looking for, Indoor pool, Whirlpool, Large Game room, Mini Golf, Ping Pong, Billiards, Little Tykes play area, and a Putting Green. Need to work off a little excess energy? Give our Exercise room a try. The Whirligig Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers a traditional American menu in a casual setting. If you are looking for a place to relax after a busy day stop by the Whirligig lounge.

Amenities

• Indoor Pool
    Holidome®
    Pets Allowed
    Whirlpool
    Kids Eat Free
    Health/Fitness Center On-Site

Hotel Features

• 184 Guest Rooms
    138 Non-Smoking Rooms
    Rural
    2 Floors
    Cocktail Lounge
    1 Restaurant

Personal Services

• A/C Public Areas
    Dry Cleaning Pickup/Laundry
    Ice Machine
    On-site Guest Self-Laundry Facilities (washer/dryer)
    Safety Deposit Box available at Front Desk
    Room Service

Local Information

• Golf within 2 MI/ 3.22 KM
    Shopping within 1 MI/ 1.61 KM
    Tennis within 12 MI/ 19.31 KM

Attractions

• MI International Speedway (20 MI/ 32.19 KM )
    Cascades Falls (3 MI/ 4.83 KM )
    Ella Sharp Museum (3 MI/ 4.83 KM )
    Space Center (10 MI/ 16.09 KM )
    George Potter Center (10 MI/ 16.09 KM )
    Buffalo Ranch (25 MI/ 40.23 KM )
    Grande Golf Course (12 MI/ 19.31 KM )
    St. Julian Winery (15 MI/ 24.14 KM )
    Waterloo Area Farm Museum (19 MI/ 30.58 KM )
    Jackson Harness Racing (4 MI/ 6.44 KM )

Restaurants

Whirligig
Serves: Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner

Casual dining at a moderate price. Weekend guests will enjoy a fabulous Sunday brunch. Also registered guests kids eat free from kids' menu when parents eat.

Poolside Cafe
Serves: Dinner

Opened weekends for those folks who want just a quick, informal meal while watching the kids at the pool. A real kid's favaorite as well!

Better believe it, the invasion force hits the tourney tables in 86 hours... I hope the hotel can contain all of the energy that'll be in the air...

Amagine this will be one of the harder states in the country. God i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll finally get a sub .500 record in a premiere event. That's never happend to you, has it dave? :tongue:

AXE said:
Amagine this will be one of the harder states in the country. God i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should be one of the better SC's to say the least. I had no idea we would have great players from 4 states planning on making the trip. Should be very interesting once the smoke clears at the end of Sat.

Last edited:
J-Wizzle will be in the hizzle.

Will be at IL and MI too, MO and IA are possibilities but not very likely.

Team Whitewater, (me, pokewisconsin, and rulemaster) will be there.

Now I need to stop putting off my homework and git-r-done so I can playtest tonight and maybe spend some time with Bethany :thumb:

Not 100% sure what I'm playing yet--we shall see!

I just want to win at least half my games and keep my streak alive. Sounds like it should be a great event. I don't think I've EVER been in Michigan in my whole life.

Ice'Cold said:
Wizza you comming to MI too?

Good point, but I wouldn't consider Michigan that cold... but I agree with the snow. 18 inches in Niles, MI yesterday while Chi-town was snow free... guess they shouldn't put the salt trucks away yet.

Niles Michigan? Well it makes sense, the slightest change in wind sometime shields us from snow, but not lake effect snow.

Back