Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mightyena help

travis3290

Well i decided since i was just getting back into the game, im not going to try to play serious decks or go out of my way to get the rarest techs and such, i just wanted to make a fun deck until the rotation comes around, for league and such

so i decided upon mightyena(actually that or gatr dance+lumineon) and i cant decide if it should be run with a 2-2 line of claydol or uxies.

uxies seems nice, but i feel like if i get everything out turn one, and i cant get the donk, im pretty much screwed. So my thinking is this

run something like:

4-4 mightyena
4 skuntank G
2-2-2 nidoqueen
2 honchkrow G
2 regice
2-2 claydol

if i want to stick around OR :

4-4 mightyena
4 skuntank G
4 uxie
2-2 blissy prime
2 honchkrow G
2 regice

Anyone play this before? have any advice? keep in mind im still new to this so go easy if my list are abysmal or something.

I personally wouldn't run honchkrow g or the regice, Blissy prime would be a nice tech, run SSU's with it and you get rid of all of your damage. You wouldn't run 4 Uxie you would run a 3-1 Uxie lvl x, so that way when you use all of your uxies you can get a constant draw power, a slow draw but a good one none the less. You really only need 2 Skuntank g and if you really want you can make it 3. You'd also want to run at least 1 Azelf as a just in case card. But it isn't necessary. So over all i'd say the second choice minus the honchkrow and minus the regice. Run a straight Mighty, Skuntank with Uxie lvl x draw and You should at least run 2-3 energies in the deck for your uxie.

I use a Mightyena deck... although I haven't worked on it since HGSS was released.

The Honchkrow G is a must in my opinion. I personally run 3 in my deck, as I ideally want to start with this card.
(search for Moonlight and then free retreat next turn).

What T/S/S are you using?

I acutally only have 1 Uxie in my deck, but probably 2 or 3 could be good.
I don't use any Claydols. I use Cyrus' Conspiracy and Roseanne.
I also use Toxicroak G as my backup attacker.

You probably only need 2 Skuntank G. You really only need one the entire game, and they
are easy to search out. You don't want 4, or you will have a high chance of starting the game with one.
2 retreat cost will hurt your start, considering you don't have many energies to retreat with.

Put in some Pokemon Rescue. And you might want to use Leftovers Tool instead. It's not as good as
Nidoqueen, but it doesn't take up as much deck space, and Nido line might slow your consistency.

Although this is somewhat a donking deck, it does stand a chance in long game... if you have plenty Night Maintenance
and make use of Pokemon Rescues. If you have BTS, even better. Just keep recycling your pokemon and attack for
high damage turn after turn.

Last edited:
I use a Mightyena deck... although I haven't worked on it since HGSS was released.

The Honchkrow G is a must in my opinion. I personally run 3 in my deck, as I ideally want to start with this card.
(search for Moonlight and then free retreat next turn).

What T/S/S are you using?

I acutally only have 1 Uxie in my deck, but probably 2 or 3 could be good.
I don't use any Claydols. I use Cyrus' Conspiracy and Roseanne.
I also use Toxicroak G as my backup attacker.

You probably only need 2 Skuntank G. You really only need one the entire game, and they
are easy to search out. You don't want 4, or you will have a high chance of starting the game with one.
2 retreat cost will hurt your start, considering you don't have many energies to retreat with.

Put in some Pokemon Rescue. And you might want to use Leftovers Tool instead. It's not as good as
Nidoqueen, but it doesn't take up as much deck space, and Nido line might slow your consistency.

Although this is somewhat a donking deck, it does stand a chance in long game... if you have plenty Night Maintenance
and make use of Pokemon Rescues. If you have BTS, even better. Just keep recycling your pokemon and attack for
high damage turn after turn.

ok so after reading both of the comments over(thanks again) I think i should use something like...

4-4 mightyena
2-2 blissey prime
2 skuntank G
3 Honchkrow G
2 uxie

also what i had in mind for the trainers(all help appreciated)

4pokedex910is
3BTS
3Rose's
2belt
2 pokemon communication
2 dusk ball
2quick ball
2great ball
2bebe
2warp
1switch
1luxury

I really want to grab some moonlight but i cant afford to buy anymore cards now, and i dont have much in the trade department. also keep in mind my trainer stash is pretty limited.

I also use MightyTank. I have three Skuntank because of the popularity of LuxChomp and Gengar. You need more than just 2 in case one dies or is prized (it's a necessary part of the strategy). I also would recommend SSU instead of Blissey for three reasons: 1) It lets you re-use Uxie 2) It's essentially the same effect as Blissey if you have BTS out, but can't be power-sprayed 3) You don't want Chansey starts.

You'll want more than 3 stadiums also in case of discarding (Flygon) or if they play BTS before you. I highly recommend Moonlight, at least 3 in addition to BTS. Now all your pokemon have free retreat! With Moonlight, you can dump the Warp Point and Switch for a 1-1-1 Nidoqueen line. It's useful late-game for healing. I like to have 3 Mightyena so I can cycle between them and let the other 2 heal on the bench. Also, Great Ball should probably be Quick Ball, if possible.

This is just my preference, but I use 3 Basic Dark (with e. gain) and 2 Psychic Energy. This allows you to actually do damage with Honchkrow, potentially getting a prize at the beginning. Psychic is for nidoqueen if they kill all my Mighty, it's a backup attacker just in case. Also, Uxie and Skuntank can be used in a pinch.

You'll want Night Maintenance, but not Pkmn Rescue. TSD would be preferable, if you want instant gratification. There are many ways to play this, many different ideas for techs, so spend some time with the deck and see what you want to add/take out.

Love the suggestions man. I feel like i dont have the neccessary cards to runa decent mightyena, so im just running gatr/lumineon for now.

question about quickball. I can toss out two great balls for 2 more quick balls, but do you think if i do that i should run more pokemon communication?

thanks for the help

I actually don't use any pkmn comm. I personally prefer Bebe's because it can get Spiritomb locked, and I don't really have much room for any, but if you can fit it in it's probably a good idea.

Back