TRAINERS: 12
4 Professor Oak
3 Professor Elm's Training Method
1 Town Volunteers
4 Rare Candy

ENERGY: 18
4 Recycle Energy
14 Psychic Energy

Now, I know that at glancing at the numbers, this deck may seem very n00bish, and that there are far too many Pokemon in the deck. You'll soon see...

Okay, the theme of this deck is to get Dark Vileplume out as close to turn 2 as possible. Use Oak, Cleffa, Dunsparce, Wynaut, and PETM to get out an Oddish with a Dark 'plume in your hand on the first turn, then evolve it to the Dark Plume on the second turn, locking down all Trainers. And with 21 Basic Pokemon, you're bound to have a great setup Pokemon-wise in the opening hand :D

The game gets a lot easier when your opponent can't play half of his or her deck :D

But you still have to worry about getting set up fast enough. So, start by trying to get two Xatus on your Bench (use Wynaut, Dunsparce, or Cleffa), and leave room for Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime is what will shut down your opponent, provided they don't have an effective counter for it, and, since they can't play Trainer cards, even if they do have a counter, they'll have to wait to get it.

Once you have the Mime active with two Xatus on the Bench, you are completely immune to normal damage. Any normal damage that your opponent hits you with will either be completely reduced by Invisible Wall or will be removed next turn with the dual Healing Winds. Mewtwo ex is there for backup, and you usually won't play him unless you need to do heavy damage.

Now, notice how I say normal damage. I realize that Mr. Mime is still vulnerable to Poison, Burn, Feint Attack, and Swift. And pretty much everything in the deck is weak to Magby, Pichu, and most definitely Muk. 'Dactyl only hurts if they can get it out faster than you can, which isn't that likely, but it's still possible. Slowking? Dark Vileplume will render Slowking completely useless, and a waste on your opponent's Bench. Sneasel? Ouch. No way to really counter Sneasel's Resistance, but at least Sneasel won't be able to damage you. That's why this deck needs to get an Elekid in it. Although that'll make it even more prone to being Zzzapped.

Okay, but what if they are foolish and don't play Pichu? So many people underestimate the power of Pichu and fail to put it in their deck. Well, then they're downright toast. Unless they can get the Mime Poisoned or Burned, it'll be Game Over for them.

Now, I'm trying to think of a way to make this deck potentially better. I need to keep it at 4-2-4 (4 Candy) on the Dark Plume line because it needs to come out on Turn 2, and I tried it with 3-1-3 and I had a hard time getting it out on the 2nd turn.

It needs to be able to counter Muk (maybe add Gusts as TecH), Pichu (add something that can hit Bench?), and Magby (Gusts). It also needs something that can get through Pokemon that are Resistant to Psychic (Elekid perhaps?). Special Conditions are a worry, but it's not that large of a cause for concern because you can just retreat, and send out a Xatu for a turn, or maybe even another Mime.

Well, give me your input, and tell me what you think of this totally out there idea ;)

You'll also be glad to know that it went 4-0 at last week's tourney, so it isn't all that bad :p

Thanks folks!

ToysRUsKid said:
uhh, its GG if Murkrow Comes into play.

Oh yeah ^_^; Add that to the list of things that can beat this deck. Remember, a lot of this deck depends on the environment you're in. Not too many people play Sneasel/Slowking/Murkrow around here (mainly because we scared them cheap decks away, 'yar!), and thus, less people play Pichu (and Murkrow), and so on and so forth.

But yes, Murkrow 0wnz this deck. And even Elekid won't help, because it'll just Feint Attack the Elekid. Unless you can get two heads in a row, then Meditate to KO the Krow... ;x

Hey Devin, You definatly need gusts for Muk. Up your Dunsparce to 4. Think maybe about dropping Mewtwo EX and Wynut, and adding Sneasel (not EX) and Furret. Just off the top of my head though, I'm just thinking you may need more of a heavy hitter to complement Mime. In the end though I have found that Dark Plume decks seem to fall just short alot. I ran one back in the day at the STS at Spring Hill Mall and it was the worst decision I've ever made (especialy since it was prop. 15 / 3c anyway). I've tried several times since then to make one work but they never have.

Warp Energy is definitely a very good idea to counter 'Krow. Why didn't I think of that? ;)

Alright, even though this deck is just a fun deck (and this week, everyone will be playing cards to counter it :p), I'll apply the fixes...

Gah, but what to take out...

-3 Psychic Energy
-1 Recycle Energy
-1 Town Volunteers (I mean, if they can get rid of the Plume, they've pretty much won anyway, so no point in bringing it back)
-1 Wynaut (I still want to keep two in... They get out those Plumes and Xatus FAST)

Dang, nothing else I can really afford to take out... And I refuse to play NG Sneasel... :| But I do see where you're coming from; it would be pretty nice playing it.

+2 Warp Energy
+3 Gust of Wind
+1 Elekid (?)

I'm still on that Elekid idea... It'd be nice backup if your opponent is playing a Pokemon with Psychic Resistance, and I just don't think I can add another Evolution line to the deck...

The game's usual setup goes:

Active:
Mime

Bench:
Dark Plume
Xatu
Xatu
[other Pokemon]
[other Pokemon]

So it's hard to really get anything else out, that's why I'm a bit reluctant to add even the Elekid. Ah well... We'll try this for now. Just as a hypothetical deck.

But a good Sneasel fix, for anyone who's interested in this deck, would be the following instead of the above fix:

-6 Psychic Energy
-2 Recycle Energy
-2 Mewtwo ex
-1 Wynaut
-1 Town Volunteers
+4 Darkness Energy
+2 Rainbow Energy
+2 Sneasel
+1 Murkrow
+3 Gust of Wind

Murkrow is in there for the possibilty of Mean Looking a Cleffa, or something wimpy. I mean, without Trainers, if you can lock something down, it's pretty much GG for your opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back