Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mismagius Vs. Unknown G

GUERO51

If I have an active Mismagius and attack using "crash chant" will I be able to discard unknown G that is attached to any benched pokemon? Unknown g only protects the pokemon that it is attached to and since you are not attacking that pokemon directly but targeting unknown g "tool" to get damage calculation I would say yes but Im no expert.
Crash Chant reads: " Choose up to 4 in any combination of pokemon tools and Technical Machines in play (both yours and your opponent's) and discard them. This attack does 20 damage times the number of cards discarded in this way."

This one is in the Compendium LvX. You should get in the habbit of checking there first so you don't have to wait for an answer.
Crash Chant

Q. If Unown-G is attached as a tool to a Pokemon and the opponent uses Mismagius' "Crash Chant" attack, would Unown-G be discarded or not?

A. No, Unown-G's GUARD would prevent it from being discarded and you don't get to add 20 for that tool to Crash Chant's damage either. (Nov 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)
BDS

Note If you are asking about your own benched Pokemon, you can discard those. Unown G only protects against opponent's attacks.

Back