Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Misplay for the loss. 2nd place new mexico report

bonslypwns

So I drive with my friend down to new mexico friday, for an 8 hour drive until we get there around midnight. I decide to play Palkia G. Pretty beast, but I never tested it before sooooooo. lol

Round 1: t-tar
No clue how to play this match-up, and she was getting crazy set-up with weavile, thank goodness for the 1 devoluter tech I put in there. I just hydro shoot t-tar's when I can, then clan up with devoluter or have to kill them. It came down to 1-2 on prizes, then time was called and I won. Still would have had the game though.

1-0

Round 2: rampardos
I know how to play this match-up thankfully. lol I power lock the whole game so he doesn't get set-up and I plow through. Board control whole game.

2-0

Round 3: kingdra
I know this one too. I power lock whole game, devolute candy kingdras so he has to manually evole to seadras, and then hydro shot support, etc.

3-0

Round 4: tangrowth/sceptile (my ride lol)
This match-up is like 10-90 against me. lol But, with crazy moves, and some smart sninping attaching, i'm able to kill his sceptiles, and claydols. (Killed treekos/sceptiles 3 times that game). He then proceeds to scoop so we can get lunch because he had no shot of beating me.

4-0

Lunch break, worst italian buffet ever lol

Round 5: machamp
10 points off donk, so I proceed to lose lol. (I don't play any unown g's by the way. lol)

4-1

Top 4: Mirror
Round 1: I lock him first, but he plays down a mewtwo. Didn't expect that, crobat, hyro shot. Goodbye mewtwo! lol I proceed to steamroll.

Round 2: He gets mewtwo early, but I crobat hydr shot oh dang! I keep him under lock, and steamroll again.

5-1

Top 2: machamp
Round 1: We meet again. lol I actually get devoluters fast./ But she plays broken time space, lock keeps her under pretty good. But she gets down to 2-0 prizes. I win though! :p

Round 2: Wasn't even funny how bad I got beat. lol

Round 3: This was it. I declared to go second, she attaches to macop, low kick. I have uxie up front. A roseannes, mesprit, uxie, some other stuff. I dusk ball and get a crobat. Then another dusk and get palkia. I play the palkia and mesprit. Attach egain to palkia. Playing palkia was my misplay. I had a poke turn I just noticed. I had already used roseannes and gotten an energy and crobat. I had one bench space for my uxie. I had 11 cards that would let me get an extra 10 to KO the machop. I play uxie for 6. Not one................. I psychic restore, 10 off!!!!!!! Palkia, I hate you. lol Time was called and she was ahead by 1 prize. She wins :(

5-2

Props:
Jeff for winning
Ian, Adrian, Breton, and Daniel for getting into top 16 and top 8
Colorado winning 2 divisions (aorry, should have been 3 lol)
Nicks brother for lending me a palkia g
Adrian for lending me a mesprit after my translation was wrong
Not much else

Slops:
Getting in trouble by cops at me, matt, kevin and some other friends lol
Dante for going 3-2
Kevin for going 3-2
Palkia
Machamp
No unown g's
Aacen for getting 17th >.>
8 hour drive with doing nothing
Lots of other stuff lol
Life
Me and my misplays

~Peace

WOW way to let everyone down and not complete the CO sweep....lol just kidding man, very nice job taking 2nd, that's a hard confusing deck to play.... Colorado FTW!

It is with no unown g's. ;) lol You're my hero for winning. You just a big shot aint you? lol Nice job man. And thanks, yeah I let FLORIDA take it :nonono:

kristi: Thanks. good job yourself for the season so far ;)
dark: Yeah, I should of had game but... oh well. haha

Back