Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Misprint Shiny Charizard

platinumwaiter

I'm hearing that this is worth around $80-$100. Should I sell it now or wait until the corrected version is released, if there will be one.

It's already too late for them to make a corrected version as the pre-release ones are from regular boxes. A errated version might not come out until we get tins with Plasma Storm. I would sell it asap.

There good chance there will be a corrected version. TPCI noticed the mistake before the prereleases started and said they forgot to have the PTOs announce an errata. Usually, that means there will be a correction.

It's already too late for them to make a corrected version as the pre-release ones are from regular boxes. A errated version might not come out until we get tins with Plasma Storm. I would sell it asap.

They could always do what they did with Empoleon Lv.X and only have the corrected one in tins/3-pack blisters and make the corrected one worth more than the error.

Most recent one sold for about $75, so I'd value it around $80 at the moment personally.

they are about 75-80 right now. If they are corrected the error versions will be worth a lot more.

they are about 75-80 right now. If they are corrected the error versions will be worth a lot more.

Could be the other way around depending on how many are out there and how long it takes them to correct it, The value of the corrected DRX Hoppip is a lot more than that of the misprint. Then again it's Charizard and logic disappears around him :tongue:.

My friend put his Shiny Charizard up on ebay and he already got a starting bid of $80.

My friend put his Shiny Charizard up on ebay and he already got a starting bid of $80.

Assume these prices will drop once the actual release hits (tomorrow, correct?). Simple supply & demand. Only so many of these out there currently from pre-release and what not. The more that go up for sale, the more the prices should go down.

That's what I'm waiting for anyway :lol:

Assume these prices will drop once the actual release hits (tomorrow, correct?). Simple supply & demand. Only so many of these out there currently from pre-release and what not. The more that go up for sale, the more the prices should go down.

That's what I'm waiting for anyway :lol:

I really don't understand why people are wanting this card so much right now to be honest. Sure if Plasma Storm had just gone OUT of print but it's only just being released and there will be a lot more Charizards out there in a few days, misprint likely in tact.

I really don't understand why people are wanting this card so much right now to be honest. Sure if Plasma Storm had just gone OUT of print but it's only just being released and there will be a lot more Charizards out there in a few days, misprint likely in tact.

People are buying it now taking the risk that they WILL fix the misprint, which will make the price skyrocket.

People are buying it now taking the risk that they WILL fix the misprint, which will make the price skyrocket.

You're better off putting $80 on red in my opinion :tongue:. We'll see in the next week or so how many misprinted Charizards are out there I guess.

are they going to correct the card? whats the deal with it? are people going to be able to send theirs in for correct texts or will we just have to wait for a better one?

There will be an errata for the energy type so you have to play it as the Fighting Energy cost is actaully the Fire Energy cost. Time will tell if a correction is made.

There will be an errata for the energy type so you have to play it as the Fighting Energy cost is actaully the Fire Energy cost. Time will tell if a correction is made.

Actually an Errata has already been issued and is live on the Pokemon Web site. You can find that here.

As for whether we'll see a corrected printing, there's no telling, but signs are good right now since TPCi was actually aware of the issue before prereleases started.

These are all over ebay now it looks like. Suspect fair market value (pending the effect the correction has on $) is about $50-60 based on what I'm seeing.

Back