Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Monarchy

WeileMom

edit: Let me add, just in general, you don't have to go into detail unless you really want to. Thanks!

Hi,
I was wondering if someone would go over the strategy behind Monarchy. We don't have all of the cards and I was just curious. Ok, ok...so I'm being a little lazy :redface:
Thanks!
---Nicole
WeileMom

Last edited:
-dunsparce SAR for nido F and 2 nido M
-run for nido F
-t2 nido F evoles into nidorina
-nidorina searches for evolves
-BAM got your setup t3 (unless you suck)

Last edited:
The strategy is to fetch basics using ANY of your basics (either Nidoran, or Dunsparce or Wurmple DR), then fetch evolutions 2nd turn with Nidorina, then 3rd turn Nidoqueen active and keep evolving your bench.

The final ideal setup would probably be Nidoqueen active, 3 Nidoking benched, 1 backup Queen benched, and either Pidgeot or Beautifly as tech.

You'll be attacking with the Queen's second attack primarily, but her first attack helps if you can't get around resistance using either Magnetic Storm or Beautifly.

So..the strength of the deck is the quick set-up and the ability to switch?
Does anyone have a basic decklist? Or a link to one? I couldn't find it in the deck help section.
Thanks so much, you guys are awesome!
---Nicole

theres definitley a bunch of monarchy lists farthur back in the deck help section.

The main strategy is just the synergy between Nidoqueen's attack and Nidoking's Poke-Body. All the rest is mostly in there to support Queen's attacking. Although, the versatility of having Pidgeot for search and Nidoking to do bench damage, etc. is nice too.

I personally think the deck isn't very good, but to each his own.

Yeah, Monarchy is rapidly declining due to the increasing amount of Pidgeot played in this format, as well as Dark Dragonite. They both have resistance to Fighting, and can't usually OHKO Dark Draggy, and it can effectively use Briney without setting itself back. Monarchy is cool because the Nidorans have Dunsparce-like attacks, and a bad setup is virtually impossible (except for a Pidgey start). Draggy, as well as Blaziken, the OTHER leading deck in the format, both beat Monarchy with relative ease. Although Monarchy is always a competitor, it's not enough of a competitor to rely on to win a big tournament when there are other decks out there that are more suited for this metagame.

well, one made a t4 in our area, in blaze-saturated format, but wasn't running too well (put in lanettes in stead of ruins, which u should definately run 2-3 of, if using beautifly, atleast one would be my choice)

Wooper is mainly correct
Monarchy is good, but the two top decks pwn it to oblivion
but, he is wrong about it never getting a bad start, it is amazing how inconsistant that deck is considering how it is built to be extremely consistant

Whicker said:
Wooper is mainly correct
Monarchy is good, but the two top decks pwn it to oblivion
but, he is wrong about it never getting a bad start, it is amazing how inconsistant that deck is considering how it is built to be extremely consistant

Well, I get good starts with it. It seems I get good starts with every deck except the only deck I have constructed. I'm broke. =(

Back