Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Moore, Oklahoma - City Championship

old man

Great news for Oklahoma & all surrounding area players. The City Championship is being held on Saturday, February 14th. Registration starts at 11:30 am and the main event will start at 1 pm. The event is being held at 4th Street Boutique, located at 914 SW 4th Street in Moore.

The format for this event is modified constructed. Bring your best deck & be prepared to play.
This is a age modified swiss event with all players in the 1 tournament and using the latest Pokemon rules.

The prize breakdown is as follows:
For each age group -
1st place get 1 box, (36 packs) of Pokemon-e Booster packs, a special City Championship Medallion and a special VIP package when they attend the STATE championship tournament in April.

2nd place gets 1/2 box, (18 packs) of Pokemon-e Booster packs

3rd & 4th place get 1/4 box, (9 packs) each of Pokemon-e Booster packs.

There will also be lots of other prizes to be given away during the event as well. More on that later.

Pre-registraion starts now & ends on 2/13/04. If you pre-register during this time there will be a bonus for you. You will still be able to register the day of the event as well. Stop by the store or call
(405) 799-3226 for more information.

More info on this as it becomes available.

I look forward to seeing you there. Let's make this the largest turnout yet for Pokemon.

Last edited:
Yes I got the e-mail this last Friday evening & it had the prize support info in it.

I was very surprised that there weren't other posts on here about City Championships yet.

Ok, step one... try to get off work (easy enough I would think)

Step 2, convincing wife to let me take off work and spend V-day playing in OK at a Pokemon Tourney..... ummmmmmm

Will still try to make it there, assuming Plano or other near by CC wont be held same day.

Will get back to you and call to confirm reservation as soon as these details are nailed down...... (sad part is wife is the toughest of these, and not knowing when/if closer one will be of course)

I can tell you also that Ft. Worth's is the 15th & Plano's is the 22nd. if thats of any help. Just let me know!

Ok, suprisingly step 2 is solved, step 3 is solved... Now only my manager can stand in my way. (shouldnt be a prob)

Luckily my anniversary is on the 19th, so if I am not away for both, my wife says its ok....

And do you know where Fort Worth one is? I assume Y2Komics, any clue?

Also, has an exact entry fee been determined?

Last edited:
I.m sure by now you've seen the sticky in this section. There's all the info there that I would have.

After talking to the owner, the entry fee for this event is $7. There will be lots & lots of give-aways. In fact, the more people who sign up, the more & bigger giveaways there will be.

UPDATE:
As stated above the entry fee is $7. If you pay before January 31st entry fee is $6. Also if you pre-register no later than February 13th, you'll get a 5 card promo pack.

There will also be lots of door prize drawings for various items as well as gift cards. The more people that enter, the more prizes.

Watch for more updates the closer we get!

CC Questions

-old man-

Will there be separate tournaments for each age group or just one BIG tournament? Will you cut to the Top-8 to determine a champion? Can I call "4th Street" and pay by phone with a credit card? I have major questions here. I need HELP!!!

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

I will run separate tournaments as long as PUSA says it okay. It's a better way to actually determine the top in EACH age group.
Same thing with the top 8. Unless given directions otherwise I'll cut to 8. But a question here for thought. Has anyone noticed you don't have to do a top 2,4,8 16 etc.... You can cut to an odd # of players using the Tournament Manager software.
I'm sure you can call 4th Street & pay by credit card if you want. They are capable of doing this.

If there is enough interest, then after the main tournament there will be others as well.

Promos???

Will you be giving out New Promo Cards at the City Championships??? I heard that you could get a New Limited Promo Card by just playing in the tournament.

Charlie

I haven't heard official word from them yet about this, only here on the boards, BUT if it comes with other items as part of the support you can bet it will be given out!

Do ya'll still have room??

~oldman~

I was wondering if Ya'll still have room left in the "Moore City Championship"?? I was thinking about driving up from Texas (Hook 'em Horns). :cool: Will ya'll be offended if I wear my "UT" stuff?? :D

Charlie

Not in the least would we be offended! Come any way you want. Just remember there are kids here & we don't need to see nothing like a Janet Jackson!:)
There is still room. We have a pretty good sized playing area already that holds 50+ as is & it can be expanded easily if needed. So bring yourself & as many others as you can!

Count me in "old man"!!! I will be all fired up and ready to go. I can't hardly nearly wait. I just might come up on Monday and camp out on your door step. OOOOOOOH YEAH, the "City Championships" are on!!!!

Charlie

Don't you think Monday is a little long to wait? I mean just where would you stay? :)

We're hoping this to be the biggest turnout yet for the area. We're getting ready for the State Championshipship & all the others, so bring on the competition!!

I have confirmed that the prize support has made it!

There will be numerous drawings for all kinds of things as well.

There will also be some packs given away for those not in the top 4.

So everyone will know now, we will play a number of swiss rounds then cut to the top 8 or 16. Both of these will be determined by the turnout.

Well this is it! This is the day!
All the promo packs are ready to be given out. I think it's safe to say that everyone will get at least a couple of things besides the normal prizes!

Come on out & have some fun.

Be there before 1:00 p,m.

Back