Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

More Dark Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRolesWePlay

Pokebeach has updated with more spoilers from Dark Rush on top of the Entei EX. These cards are Volcarona (which was unvieled a while ago), Carnivine, Plusle, Slowking, Vaporeon, Sableye, Sandile, Vullaby, and Klink.

Carnivine – Grass – HP90
Basic Pokemon

[G] Luring Poison: Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon and switch it with his or her Active Pokemon. The new Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.
[G][G][C] Speed Blow: Return the opponent’s Active Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your opponent’s hand.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 2

Entei-EX – Fire – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[R][C] Fire Fang: 30 damage. The opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned.
[R][R][C] Grand Flame: 90 damage. Choose 1 Fire Energy card from your discard pile and attach it to one of your Benched Pokemon.

Pokemon EX Rule: When Pokemon EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Volcarona – Fire – HP110
Stage 1 - Evolves from Larvesta

Ability: Burning Scales
As long as this Pokemon is in play, the number of damage counters placed on your opponent’s Burned Pokemon between turns for Burn damage is now 4.

[R][C][C] Heat Wind: 70 damage. You may choose 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon and discard it. If you do, the opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned.

Weakness: Water (x2)

Vaporeon – Water – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

[C] Muddy Water: 20 damage. Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and this attack also does 20 damage to that Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench.)
[W][C][C] Spiral Drain: 60 damage. Restore this Pokemon’s HP by 20.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Retreat: 2

Plusle – Lightning – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Tag Draw: Return your entire hand to your deck and shuffle your deck. Then, draw 4? Cards. If you have any Minun on your Bench, draw an additional 4? Cards. (?)
[L] Plus Ion: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 10 damage.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Retreat: 1

Slowking – Psychic – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Slowpoke

[P] Psy Shock: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if heads the opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.
[?][?][C] Hand Press: 50 damage. If you have more cards in your hand than your opponent has in his or her hand, this attack does an additional 30 damage. (?)

Weakness: ?
Resistance: ?
Retreat: ?

Sableye – Darkness – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Confuse Ray: 10 damage. Flip coin, if heads your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.
[D] Junk Hunt: Choose 2 Goods cards from your discard pile, show them to your opponent, and put them in your hand.

Weakness: none
Retreat: 1

Sandile – Darkness – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Sand Burrow: Flip a coin, if heads prevent all damage done to this Pokemon during your opponent’s next turn.
[D][C][C] Jab: 40 damage.

Vullaby – Darkness – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[D] Whirlwind: 10 damage. Switch the opponent’s Active Pokemon with one of his or her Benched Pokemon. (Your opponent chooses the Pokemon to bring Active.)

Klink – Metal – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Smash Turn: 20 damage. Switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)

For a Pokemon constantly moving in the games Entei has a surprisingly hefty retreat cost.

I actually like Sableye, or at least find him interesting. You have to remember that we will, eventually, lose Junk Arm. I'm not sure it will actually be good, but it's interesting at least.

Nothing else stands out to me.

Carnivine is certainly interesting. Catcher + Poison attack, and return the defending to hand is much better than it tends to get. Too bad it requires :grass: energy.

Also the Plusle is looking pretty cool.

Carnivine is certainly interesting. Catcher + Poison attack, and return the defending to hand is much better than it tends to get. Too bad it requires :grass: energy.
I think he'd be amazing when paired with Vileplume and perhaps Shaymin EX.

yes the carnivine will be an interesting one, I see him combined with yanmega and maybe chandelure, where you snipe the weak poke and speed blow anything that starts to get powerful and maybe vileplume to lock down their trainers.

plusle could be an alternate/replacement for cleffa/manaphy

Sableye + Plusle are interesting cards at least for next season when we lose a lot of the consistency cards like Collecter, Cleffa, Twins & Junk Arm. Sableye requiring a darkness energy for his attack and having a 1 retreat cost shouldn't be too much of an issue when we have rainbow for basics, skyarrow bridge and viable dark decks.

Plusle, if translated correctly (I consider it uncertain A. because it came from that place, and B because of the ? next to the translation) looks decently good.

I think Carnevine is outdone by Drifblim for now, since Drifblim takes Colorless, can abuse DCE, and can get himself out of the active position. If Carnevine had a less awkward retreat cost, better HP, and, you know, better everything else, he would be much more playable.

Plusle is at least somewhat interesting for early-game draw if it is translated correctly (I'm assuming it's not.) However, since his retreat/attack cost/attack requirement/stalling ability are all worse than Cleffa's, I doubt it will see much play for just two more cards. We'll have to wait until we see what Minum does, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back