Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

More Post Office Hilarity (Put insurance on your things!)

Swordfish1989

Ok buyers and sellers everywhere, this is the weirdest thing I have EVER seen in my dealings with the post office. I don't know what happened or how. Here's the short story.

Today (8/31) I print out a shipping label for an item I sold, at approximately 9:30am (eastern). I package the cards, do stuff around the house, and leave for the post office at approximately 12:45pm. The post office only closes at 2pm, so I know I'm fine. I drop off the package as I do all my packages and go have lunch, gawk at the rumble figures at GameStop; whatever. A few minutes ago I check on the tracking # of everything I've sent this week to see what's arrived and if anything's stuck. Out of curiosity I look this one up to see if it made it to a sorting facility in time. This is what I see:

Out for Delivery

Aug-31-13, 09:05 AM, MIAMI, FL 33152

Sorting Complete

Aug-31-13, 08:55 AM, MIAMI, FL 33152

Arrival at Post Office

Aug-31-13, 06:55 AM, MIAMI, FL 33152

Ok, the post office has invented time travel and on top of that is delivering my package meant for the Northeast to my neighborhood. I don't even know how to explain this, considering the label didn't even exist throughout any of the times it was 'scanned'. Even if the scanning person's scanner is off, it wouldn't make sense for it to be sorted and out for delivery for 2 reasons: 1) It's an out of state package and the postage is correct and 2) I arrived at the post office late and they always go to a sorting facility first anyway, they don't ship from the post office you drop it off at.

Anyways... enjoy the above story. I feel like I always try to top myself, but I have no idea how I will ever top this one!

I had the same kind of problem a couple weeks ago actually. I printed out a shipping label the day someone paid, and later that exact same day the person opened a case on Ebay claiming they hadn't received their item. I thought they were crazy so i checked the tracking info,
It said it had already been delivered to Washington (when it was going to Minnesota) on 8-7-2011. Yep, two years and a couple weeks prior to the label being printed out. I responded to the case and explained, and i'm not sure if the person was trying to pull a fast one on me and just get some free stuff, but Ebay and the post office sorted it out and eventually he did receive the item (in 2013 of course).

I had the same kind of problem a couple weeks ago actually. I printed out a shipping label the day someone paid, and later that exact same day the person opened a case on Ebay claiming they hadn't received their item. I thought they were crazy so i checked the tracking info,
It said it had already been delivered to Washington (when it was going to Minnesota) on 8-7-2011. Yep, two years and a couple weeks prior to the label being printed out. I responded to the case and explained, and i'm not sure if the person was trying to pull a fast one on me and just get some free stuff, but Ebay and the post office sorted it out and eventually he did receive the item (in 2013 of course).
Now THAT had to be annoying...

I can top those stories
I had a customer purchase two gold stars from me latias and vaporeon about 70 80 dollars on a good day I go to the post office paid for tracking and insurance since it was going to canada anyways a month passes by and I get contacted by the buyer that the item has not arrived dumbfounded I check the tracking and I learn that the cards are stuck in los angeles where all of california mail gets mailed out of so I thought maybe they are being inspected or something, 3 more months go by and I start getting very very mad so I decided to contact the usps once again they tell me that the packaged is still within the time frame for delivery and all I can do is wait dor tge cards to start moving towards the destination once again, I contact the buyer and ask him if he had heard anything hd said he went to his local post office and they did not know anything any about well 6 months go buy and now I have lost any hope of ever getting my money back but then I remembered I had insurance on it maybe there is something I can do well I call the usps once again and I give the lady the tracking number and I tell hsper I purchased insurance on it and that I wanted to open a case since last time I called I was told I could not open one since the cards where still within the time frame allowed for delivery so she start typing and she sound confused she takes about 20 minutes to get back at me and when she does she tells me "since it has been more than 180 days since the cards where delivered I cant do anything about" it since that is how long I have to open any kind of case against the usps for lost packages, I tell her I was told to wait since the package was still within the time frame allowed for delivery and all she sais is sorry but there is nothing I can do she hangs up and go bananas for lack of a better word, so if your cards are not delivered within a month you better go and raise some hell in the post office and dont be as lackluster and trusting as I was

I bought some of those Plastic promo coins on eBay for $2.50 free shipping. Well, a week goes by and no sign of the coins yet. Fortunately, the seller included a tracking number.

Label created: Kentucky
Scanned in: Kentucky
Scanned in California
Scanned in Hawaii
2 weeks later...
Out for delivery: Tennessee

Why can't the postal service walk 2 miles to Tennessee from Kentucky??

Back