Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

More than one Buy??

mewsmom

Can you have a buy in different States State Championship or are you only allowed 1 buy per player ?

Example- Ok, my kids have 2 TX City Championships each and I know they will only get 1 buy in the TX State, but what happens if they win in a different State City Championship? Would they get a buy in that State's Championship as well ??

mewsmom said:
Can you have a buy in different States State Championship or are you only allowed 1 buy per player ?

Example- Ok, my kids have 2 TX City Championships each and I know they will only get 1 buy in the TX State, but what happens if they win in a different State City Championship? Would they get a buy in that State's Championship as well ??

The buy is part of the VIP package. So since a player can only get one VIP package they would only get one bye at the State championship that their VIP package is sent to from my understanding.

To me this sounds as if you get a VIP & a Buy in each State that you win a City Championship and play in their State Championship.

1st Place
City Champion Medal
1 Display Box of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Dragon Booster Packs
1st round bye at local State Championships (a bye means you don’t play the first round and are awarded a win in that round)
A Basic VIP Package containing cool Pokémon Merchandise. This package will be awarded upon onsite registration at the State Championship event in the State that you won your City Championship!

Gym Leader Blaine said:
The buy is part of the VIP package. So since a player can only get one VIP package they would only get one bye at the State championship that their VIP package is sent to from my understanding.

Last edited:
mewsmom said:
But is it 1 VIP package per State or per Pop Player id??

I think it is VIP Package per POP#. All the TOs running the CC tournaments had to turn in paperwork with the winning playes with age and their POP#s. PUI is working on a list to send out to all the TOs running the events of all the CC winners so we will know who won what were. And it is talked about having the TOs report back to PUI which CC winners played in what State championship.

Back