Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mortar Zone (haha that actually makes sense)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdraz07

The name made more sense when I was thinking about Magnezone lol

4 Magmar (SW or MT?)
3 Magmortar SW
1 Magmortar Lv X
2 Magnemite
2 Magneton PK
4 Stantler
=16

3 DRE
2 Holon FF
2 Scramble
8 Fire
=15

4 Roseanne's Research
4 Celio's Network
2 Bebe's Search
4 Potion
1 Buffer Piece
3 Windstorm
4 Prof Oak's Visit
2 Team Galactic's Wager
3 Team Galactic's Mars
2 Copycat
=29

Strategy: Magmortar beatdown. Once you level up, that's where the fun begins. You snipe, discarding 2 fire, then bring it back using Magneton's power to attach and use Magmortar's body to heal damage. POtion so u n3var dIe!!1!1!eleventyone DRE and Scramble makes it so that anyone can attack in a pinch, including Magneton.

Tell me what you think.

this is kind of like blissey and magmortor, i say that you can use at least 1 magnezone since you have dre to provide the metal energy that activates it's body,

i don't think that you need magneton at all since, it's not energy accelration, it's just getting 2 back into your hand, i don't think that the eventual magmortor x justifies the need for magneton to be the second pokemon, you will barely need x to finish stuff off since you hit 3 pokemon at the same time, lucario could finish the job or maybe prinplup even, with empoleon

why don't you try putting magmortor with something else that spreads damage since you use the new one, or if you hate energies being in your discard you could play typhlosion or blaziken but that's a little tired,

You'll be wanting MT Magmar, for it's higher damage for one energy (and neither has that exciting of a second attack, so the first attack's all that matters)

Stantler's a Bleh starter for this deck, IMO. Pokemon like that kinda shrug thier shoulders and go "Lol, Iono what to do" once you get a Magmortar on the table. Meanwhile, Smeargle can search for energies (highly useful), or copy any attack off your opponent. Smeargle's an incredible starter for this deck, though it's really not going to be reaching it's full potential unless you also find room for a 2-2 Delcatty PK line :/

Anyways, even if you completely disregard this last point, it just seems to make more sense to play 3 Team Galactic's Wager and 2 Team Galactic's Mars rather then how you have it right now.

I was thinking about Smeargle but all he does is grab energy. Stantler grabs supporters which help set up. If there were Delcatty in this deck it would make way more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back