Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mothballz - Possible States Deck - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaiGuy

Ok, I was paging through my binder wanting to build a new deck and came across Gyarados MT and Mothim SW + Rainbow Energy. I thought of the old deck Mothballz and decided to build it.

[Pokemon - 20]
3-3 Gyarados MT
3-3 Mothim SW
2 Unown P
2-2 Claydol GE
1 Uxie LA
1 Lunatone GE

[Trainers - 28]
4 Pokedrawer +
3 Pluspower
3 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenance
3 Quick Ball
1 Luxury Ball
1 Switch
2 Warp Point
3 Buck's Training
3 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research

[Energy - 12]
4 Grass
4 Call
4 Rainbow

Strategy - Mainly a T2 deck but Lunatone is there for Burmy to discard a Grass energy. Unown P adds damge to them.

Hey I run a Mothballs deck as well however I have found that the deck has huge problems against Gengar and Dusknoir although not large enough to prevent you from winning. The way around this of course is Unown G which you have none of in your deck. this is a big problem because the only basic pokemon in your deck that won't die to gengar's first attack is uxie and baltoy. also not running unown g in this format is a terrible idea. Additionally i find that i don;t need a lunatone because i always attach a grass energy first turn no matter what pokemon i have and then i can retrieve it next turn after retreating and such.
try running miasma valley as a stadium to charge your magikarp and hurt your opponent's. or just have a counter stadium. Counter stadium is a must have in every deck even if its just one card

but that is just me. its good to see someone else playing this deck

Hey I run a Mothballs deck as well however I have found that the deck has huge problems against Gengar and Dusknoir although not large enough to prevent you from winning. The way around this of course is Unown G which you have none of in your deck. this is a big problem because the only basic pokemon in your deck that won't die to gengar's first attack is uxie and baltoy. also not running unown g in this format is a terrible idea. Additionally i find that i don;t need a lunatone because i always attach a grass energy first turn no matter what pokemon i have and then i can retrieve it next turn after retreating and such.
try running miasma valley as a stadium to charge your magikarp and hurt your opponent's. or just have a counter stadium. Counter stadium is a must have in every deck even if its just one card

but that is just me. its good to see someone else playing this deck
I have chose not to run Unown G because Gengar isn't popular here because of Unown G. But Dusknoir is being played. I like Galactic HQ > Miasma Valley because then Gyarados would take the damage not Magikarp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back