Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mother Gardy/Gallade test deck 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

marq_darkrai

Wassup people of the world who own Pokegym accounts!

Anyway, i was surfing the Deck Help and Strategy forums, like i do every night (cuz i cant get a date :frown:) and i read Maxwell Sage's article on a Mother Gardy deck. Maxwell Sage's Gardy Deck

so, like i did a Luxape 1.0 i will do this Mother GardyGallade deck in a similar method(1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc)

here comes my decklist, or at least a prototype of it :tongue:

Gardy Line 4-2-3-1-1 (PL Ralts , SW Kirlia, 2 SW Gardy (the classic) and 1 PL Gardy, SW Gallade, SW Gardy LV X)
Claydol 2-2 (GE Baltoy, GE Claydol)
Dusknoir Line 1-0-1 (SF Duskull(pls help me w/ selection), DP Dusknoir (the feared Dark Palm)
Unown G 2 (GE Unown G)
Azelf 1-1 (LA Azelf, LA Azelf LV X)
Weavile 1-1 ( LA Sneasel, SW Weavile)
Nidoqueen2-0-2 ( RR Nidoran, RR Nidoqueen)
27 pokemon

4 Bebe's Search (Rising Rivals, Mysterious Treasures)
4 Roseanne's Research (Secret Wonders, PoP 8)
4 Rare Candy (Great Encounters)
2 Night Maintenance ( Secret Wonders)
2 Warp Point ( Diamond and Pearl, Majestic Dawn0
1 Premier Ball ( Great Encounters, Stormfront)
1 Luxury Ball (Legends Awakened)
1 Miasma Valley ( Platinum)
4 Poke Blower ( Stormfront)
23 Trainers

6 Psychic Energy
2 Call Energy
2 Special Darkness Energy
10 Energies

Strategy

i have had it with Gengar....i HATE it. it has dismembered and completely OWNED my Luxape deck *tears*:frown:
so, with some inspiration from Maxwell Sage, i thin i may have found an anti-gar

Gardy can do 60 damage flat and prevents powers, very painful. with 2 special darks and weavile, it will do 110, enough to KO Gengar (does psychic lock stop it?). All the matches i have played against mother gengar have had a full bench. so Dusknoir (dark Palm) can scoop up so many vital cards, Claydol, another Gengar, or even worse...nidoqueen.

another way to take down queen is to Pokeblower it and take it down with Gallade. Some may argue that Gardy has a weakness to psychic, but Azelf LV X neutralises it. but with the abundance of SP decks out there, i played the LA version of sneasel. Rob will take away your opponent's '1 less energy to attack' tactic.

pls comment, gimme some advice, yada yada yada, and please

PLEASE

dont be too harsh...in, i think luxape 2.0 or something, you guys ripped me to shreds. it hurt....a lot

- Miasma Valley
+ Uxie

Miasma Valley is random and if you're a Gengar hater like me you should use Dark Uxie to do 50 damage and run to the bottom without activating Fainting Spell.

14 Energies is pretty standard for PLOX. 6 Psy, 4 Call, 4 Dark/Upper. try to make it like that. and Healers are MUCH more valuable then blowers in PLOX. especcially when playing Queen. and to answer your question, no, psy lock doesn't stop fainting spell, but psychic restore does, wink wink.

i think you should thin out your pokemon lines a bit. like maybe take out the dusknoir and the azelf lv.x or one of the lines. i would also take out the pokeblower, miasma valley, and warp point (for moonlight maybe).
GL with it
-Bret

Mother Gardi/Gallade, test deck 1.1

Gardy Line 4-2-2-1-1 (PL Ralts , SW Kirlia, 1 SW Gardy (the classic) and 1 PL Gardy, SW Gallade, SW Gardy LV X)
Claydol 2-2 (GE Baltoy, GE Claydol)
Dusknoir Line 1-0-1 (SF Duskull(pls help me w/ selection), DP Dusknoir (the feared Dark Palm)
Unown G 2 (GE Unown G)
Azelf 1-1 (LA Azelf, LA Azelf LV X)
Weavile 1-1 ( LA Sneasel, SW Weavile)
Nidoqueen1-0-1 ( RR Nidoran, RR Nidoqueen)
Uxie
25 pkmn

4 Bebe's Search (Rising Rivals, Mysterious Treasures)
4 Roseanne's Research (Secret Wonders, PoP 8)
4 Rare Candy (Great Encounters)
2 Night Maintenance ( Secret Wonders)
2 Warp Point ( Diamond and Pearl, Majestic Dawn0
1 Premier Ball ( Great Encounters, Stormfront)
1 Luxury Ball (Legends Awakened)
4 Poke Healer + ( Stormfront)
22 trainers, supporters and stadiums

6 Psychic
3 Call
4 Special Dark

Let me help

4-3-3-1-1 sw gardy 1 gallade 1 lv x (the pl gardy is terrible)
2-2 claydol (azelf to search out, thins pokemon line)
2-2 weavile
1-0-1 dusknoir
1 uxie
1 azelf
2 unown g
(nidoqueen isnt needed, they all have decent hp, and no matter what you'll always get 2 hitted.)
27pokemon

4 Bebes
4 Roseanne's
3 rare candy
3 poke radar (amazing in a deck that runs 25+ pokemon)
3 bts
1 luxury ball
2 night maintenance
2 warp point
1 cynthias
23 trainers

12 energy:
4 sp darks
3 call
4 psychic
1 fighting (sonic blade is amazing)

This version is more agro, but has amazing possiblty with dark palm etc, and awesome come back. Kinda like my flygon list but better imo.

thanks prize, but there are some things in the deck.. this is an anti-gar deck. however, without azelf LV X gengar can attack gardi with gardi's weakness. Azelf is here to prevent it.
furthermore, Nidoqueen is GOOOD. before RR came out, not too many people saw a mother gengar combo and look how it dominates today. AND, i <3 Nidoqueen 1 warp point instead of 2 cuz of Gardi LV X's power

so, here goes version 1.2

4-2-2-1-1 sw gardy 1 gallade 1 lv x (the pl gardy is terrible)
2-2 claydol (azelf to search out, thins pokemon line)
1-1 weavile
1-0-1 dusknoir
1 uxie
1-1azelf-azelf LV X
2 unown g
2-0-2 Nidoqueen
27 pokemon

4 Bebes
4 Roseanne's
4 rare candy
4 poke radar (amazing in a deck that runs 25+ pokemon)
2 bts
1 luxury ball
2 night maintenance
1 warp point
1 Premier Ball
23 trainers

10 energy:
4 sp darks
2 call
4 psychic

Last edited:
You telepass Looker's Investigation and draw one card... now tell me he can still hit you for more then 60 damage?

You seem mad at gengar players. Ever hear the old saying "if you cant beat em join em". Join us and there will be no more frustration.

As you can see from my sig, I may be able to offer a little help with this deck...
Pokehealers are necessary. You need to keep a Gardevoir active for more than two turns to keep a constant psychic lock on.
Nidoqueen is not needed; Dusknoir is.
I like to run 3 SW Gardevoir; a constant stream of Psychic Locks is equivalent to a million Power Sprays.
And if this is an anti-Gengar deck, you need to kill the Gengars while shutting down their Claydols. To do this, Dark Palm Nidoqueen, use Dark Engage with one special Darkness energy, use Psychic Lock for 100, and the next turn, play crobat G to do 10 for the knockout. My list:

4-2-3-1-1 (Ralts PL, Kirlia SW, Gardevoir SW, Gallade, Gardevoir Lv. X)
2-2 Weavile
1-0-1 Dusknoir
2-2 Claydol
1 Unown G
1 Crobat G
1 Uxie
1 Azelf
1 Lucario GL

4 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
4 Pokehealer +
3 Poketurn
2 Night Maintenence

4 Call Energy
4 Special Dark
5 Psychic

But one thing is certain: if you want to beat Gengar, you have to play Crobat G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back