Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mothim!!!

mca3

I ran a deck this past weekend at league with just straight Burmy-Mothim. I ran it like the Kricketune deck, It works pretty well, I run 4 rare candy and 2 DRE so I can possibly turn 2 70 or 110 damage with silver wind. I like it, I was wondering if anyone else is possibly running this deck? I havent seen anyone run him period, so...Let me know if you have any ideas or comments, Thanks!!!:thumb:

Do a search for "Fresh Grass" and "The Time Is Today" in deck help for a couple of ideas that could include Mothim easily. The deck lists are pretty different, but I can say for sure that mine is running extremely well. Very consistent, very powerful, and very surprising. Have not yet played Magmortar, but I bet it will be bad. Every deck has a bad matchup or two, though, doesn't it?

I run Rare Candy, It works well against decks that have to set up. I also run 4 Buffer Piece, 4 plus power, and 2 strength Charms. It runs just like Kricketune deck, but can be more powerful if played correctly.

Max Buffer Piece and Plus Power are a staple in my deck, but I am not sure I understand the Rare Candy.

If you start, you can't play a trainer.

If they start, you would have to play TVR or Holon Mentor to discard energy. You can then Wear Cloak to get it back and Candy into Mothim for a T1 Silver Wind. You can attach another energy to do Raging Scales T2, but if they are setting up, they likely did no damage on T1 so you would only yield 70 damage.

A good donk for any setup Pokemon, but am I missing something else? If they are running Corsola or something else that does Call for Family, they will have benched Pokemon on T1, so it is very unlikely to donk. They will not get a chance to get any damage on you, so T3 and beyond you are only doing 30 until they set up. A minor annoyance, the way I see it.

I am probably missing something. If there is anything that I have learned from playing these Pokemon over the past few weeks it is that they have lots of surprises.

TRUE, TRUE!!! I run 3 DRE, But (like Kricketune), it has its flaws. But I like this deck. I am also building Raichu-Delcatty, aka Cat-Mouse Games. I am running 4 Rare Candy for a possible T2 120 damage if done correctly.:thumb:

Oh, yeah. I love it. I am currently playing with Celebi and Quagsire d, but look forward to trying out a Sceptile line when GE is out.

Back