Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MP Birch's "ex Dragon Frontiers" Prereleases For TX & OK

****ex Dragon Frontiers Prereleases: October 28-November 5, 2006****

MP Birch's schedule for the "ex Dragon Frontiers" prereleases are listed below. Make your plans now to attend these prereleases for this exciting new series of Pokemon cards!!!

Date: October 28, 2006

501 S. Plano Road, Suite 667
Richardson, Texas 75081

Start Time: 11:00am
Entry Fee: $20.00

Side Event: Booster Draft (After the Prerelease Tournament)
Enrty Fee: $15.00

Date: October 29, 2006

4945 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, Texas 78229

Start Time: 12:00 noon

Date: November 4, 2006

1911s. Sunnylane, Unit-1
Del City, Oklahoma 73115

Start Time: 11:00am

Date: November 5, 2006

5276 Trail Lake Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76133

Start Time: 12:00 noon

Below is the information from the "Pokemon-TCG" website about the "ex Dragon Frontiers". you may also click onto the link and see all of the other links that are in this information. We hope to see you at these prereleases and the "City Championships" that will follow these starting in November 2006.

Link: http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/content/events/faqs/2006-2007/ex15_faq.asp

Pokémon TCG: EX Dragon Frontiers Prerelease Tournaments Fact Sheet

What are Pokémon TCG: EX Dragon Frontiers Prerelease tournaments?

Pokémon TCG: EX Dragon Frontiers Prerelease tournaments allow players to receive and play with cards from the upcoming EX Dragon Frontiers expansion up to two weeks prior to the official release date of the set!

Participation prizes are awarded to all finishers in each of three age groups (Junior, Senior, and Masters).

Prerelease events are operated by independent Tournament Organizers across North America.
When are the Pokémon TCG: EX Dragon Frontiers Prerelease tournaments?

Pokémon TCG: EX Dragon Frontiers Prerelease tournaments are held during the weekends of October 28th and 29th and November 4th and 5th. To find times and locations of EX Dragon Frontiers Prerelease events in your area, click here.

Remember, while we update our events schedule often, we suggest that you contact the local Tournament Organizer to confirm event schedule information.
How much does the event cost?

Tournament Organizers charge an entry fee for these events.

The admission charge includes 6 booster packs of Pokémon TCG: EX Dragon Frontiers, from which each player will build his or her deck. These cards are yours to keep after you complete the event.
What do I need to know?

# Bring your POP ID card, if you have one. If you don’t have a POP ID, one will be given to you at the event.
# See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for more information about what to bring to an event.
# Make sure you arrive on time. If you are late for registration, you may not be able to play in the event.
# To participate in the event, you must be a player in good standing and abide by the Tournament Rules.
# See the Legal Notice for certain eligibility requirements and other information, including information concerning limitations on Pokémon USA, Inc’s liability.

What is the tournament structure?

The tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age-Modified Swiss pairings. If attendance is appropriate, some Organizers may choose to run straight Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds to be run will depend on total attendance at the event.

In addition to the standard Prerelease tournament structure, some EX Dragon Frontiers Prerelease events offer the more casual Theme Deck Challenge.

For the Theme Deck Challenge, registration costs are the same as for the standard event, but players receive a theme deck from EX Dragon Frontiers to play in the event. At the end of the event, all participants receive 4 booster packs.

The Theme Deck Challenge uses standard Swiss pairings, not Age-Modified Swiss.
What are the prizes?

All participants will receive a Pokémon TCG: EX Dragon Frontiers Prerelease promo card and an EX Dragon Frontiers pin, while supplies last.

In addition, all players who complete the event will receive 2 additional booster packs of EX Dragon Frontiers.

All prereleases count toward your Pok&eacutemon Player Rewards credits. Click here for information regarding the Player Rewards Program.

Prerelease results do not count toward Premier Event rankings.
What happens after the tournament?

After the tournament ends, the Tournament Organizer will submit the tournament results to Pokémon USA, Inc.

Legal Notices

Thanks.

Master Professor Birch

YES. *does Kip movement from Napoleon Dynamite*

Finally Birch. I thought we weren't going to have them after all :(. So are you going to be at Drakes this time?

Spectreon said:
GBA Tournies????

~Spectreon~

No "GBA" Tournaments.:redface: I'll let the other side of Pokemon (New York) handle the "GBA" tournaments.:thumb:

MP Birch

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Arcanine 274 said:
YES. *does Kip movement from Napoleon Dynamite*

Finally Birch. I thought we weren't going to have them after all :(. So are you going to be at Drakes this time?

~Arcanine 274~

Yes, MP Birch will be at "Drake's Place".

MPB

Last edited:
Another Set to mess with everything else!! EEE Gads will it ever end?? Nope! GR8!! Will see you at Y2K... going to have to miss JJK do to football game!

I'll make it for sure to the Y2K one, though not sure about JJK. Can't wait Birch! Also, remind me that I owe you $15 for the draft at the Crystal Guardians Pre-Release.

Last edited:
Just when I had thought of enough combo's from the last set , here comes another to torture my brain. Everyone in San Antonio will be waiting anxiuosly for this set. I can already here my wife saying, " MORE CARDS, AY DIOS MIO.":lol: Hope to see everyone for this pre-release.

GUERO51 said:
Just when I had thought of enough combo's from the last set , here comes another to torture my brain. here my wife saying, " AY DIOS MIO.":lol:

Torturing your brain is easy, according to your wife. She said to ask you what 2+2 equals? And it's not 2 for 2.22 as in 2 for 2.22 Big Macs. What's that I hear, all the way from the Woodlands? A big hawaiian BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attention!!!! No Deck Boxes

~~~Attention.....No Deck Boxes~~~

As stated in PUI's post, there will be no "deck boxes" for the "ex Dragon Frontiers" prereleases. There has been talk about what should be done to make up for the loss of the 'deck box". MP Birch will give at his prereleases the two extra booster packs that were replaced by the "deck box". So, to make a long story short, you will receive the following at MP Birch's "ex Dragon Frontiers" prereleases.

"ex Dragon Frontiers~Prerelease"

6-"ex Dragon Frontiers" Booster Packs (To make your 40-card deck)
2-"ex Dragon Frontiers" Booster Packs ( At the end of the tournament after turning in your basic energy)
1-"ex Dragon Frontiers" Promo Card (While supplies last)
1-"ex Dragon Frontiers" Pin (While supplies last)
2-"ex Dragon Frontiers" Booster Packs (As "door prizes" for each player)

"ex Dragon Frontiers"~ Theme Deck Challenge"

1-"ex Dragon Frontiers" Theme Deck
2-"ex Dragon Frontiers" Booster Packs

Again, this is what the players at MP Birch's prerelease will receive. Other prereleases may vary with what you will receive. The "Deck Boxes" are unfortunate that we will not get them. Personally, MP Birch really liked the deck boxes!!!

We hope to see you at MP Birch's prereleases in the next two weeks. These series of cards will be legal for the "City Championships" that will be starting in three weeks. Come on out and enjoy the PokeFun at these prereleases.

Take care.

Master Professor Birch

Last edited:
Master Professor Birch said:
4-"ex Dragon Frontiers" Booster Packs ( At the end of the tournament after turning in your basic energy)
*Drops dead*...4 packs at the end :eek:!!!!! That is...awesome! Usually we only get 2 :biggrin:

MP Birch's Staff Members

****MP Birch's Staff For "ex Dragon Frontiers"****

MP Birch"s staff for the "ex Dragon Frontiers" prereleases are listed below. Notice that I have only listed two staff members for these prereleases. If the attendance warrants to have more staff, MP Birch will add staff as needed for each prerelease on a per prerelease need.

~October 28, 2006~
"JJKCards"
501 S. Plano Road, Suite-667
Richardson, Texas 75081

Staff: Professor Spotter (Shane P.) & Uncle Robb (Robert P.)

~October 29. 2006~
"Heroes & Fantasies"
4945 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, Texas 78229

Staff: Jose E. & Frank G.

~November 4, 2006~
"Drake's Place"
1911 S. Sunnylane, Unit-1
Del City, Oklahoma 73115

Staff: old man (Roy R.) & The Doctor (Ryan D.)

~November 5, 2006~
"Y2Komics"
5276 Trail Lake Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76133

Staff: MrMeches (Danny F.) & Blazi~King (Clay C.)

If your name is on this post as a judge, please response to MP Birch by "PM" or email that vyou will be able to attend the event that you are assigned to judge. Thank you for all of the support and offering to help staff my events.

Master Professor Birch

~~~Birch Train Will Go To San Antonio & Del City~~~

MP Birch will have four spots available to go to San Antonio and Del City on the "Birch Train".:wink: MP Birch will be leaving early Sunday morning for San Antonio on October 29th.:eek: And MP Birch will be leaving early on November 4th for the Del City prerelease.:tongue: If you want to go to one of these out of town events, please contact MP Birch to reserve your seat.:thumb: :thumb:

Again, this series of new cards will be a major player in the upcoming "City Championships". Be sure to have the cards that you will need for your decks.

:clap: Thanks for your support of Pokemon-TCG in the Dallas/Fort Worth areas.:clap:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch:pokeball:

~~~Notice: Update on "No Deck Boxes" Post~~~

The wording of the "ex Dragon Frontiers" product that each player will receive at MP Birch's prereleases has changed. Below is the new wording for the product.

"ex Dragon Frontiers~Prerelease"

2-"ex Dragon Frontiers" Booster Packs ( At the end of the tournament after turning in your basic energy)

"ex Dragon Frontiers"~ Theme Deck Challenge"

1-"ex Dragon Frontiers" Theme Deck
2-"ex Dragon Frontiers" Booster Packs

Thank you for your support of Pokemon-TCG.

MP Birch

Last edited:
shiftrymaster68 said:
Hey MPB, can I ask what exactly you mean when you say "door prizes"? Thanks...

~shiftrymaster68~

MP Birch will not be having drawing for "door prizes". Therefore each player will get two extra booster packs instead. This is the way that I can justify giving out the two extra packs instead of the "deck box".

MP Birch

Back