Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mr. Mime

Typhlosion King

Mr. Mime can be really tricky to play against. Sure, its attack stinks, but played with gliscor lx or dophan, that isn't a problem. Just attack and switch out at the last minute.

But why would you play Mr. Mime?

displayimage.php

Pixes have to have 3 energy to attack. Kingdra has to have 3 energy to attack.

Many new decks rely on cards that have cheap attacks.

Last edited:
It's going to be a great card next season. But reread the card because of the last thing you said. Pokemon need more than 2 energy to harm mime.

It will be one of the BEST techs for slow decks IMO.
Decks that need time to setup can just send it up and use it as a wall while they setup their bench.
It's good, BUT it still struggles against warp.

Pixes have to have 3 energy to attack. Kingdra has to have 3 energy to attack. Magnezone lx needs 3 energy to attack.Tentecruel and lanturn have to pay 3 just to spread any damage.

Looking at just that here is where it is good but bad at the same time...

Pixies - All they have to do is start attacking more with Azelf Lv.X while mime is active and god blast takes 2 energies so a third energy isnt exactly that big of a deal

Kingdra - This is where it hurts them...cuz both attacks take 1 or less energy...the only thing they can do is warp and attack or discard 2 a turn and just destroy things from the bench...

Magnezone Lv.X - Again isn't that hard because it takes 2 energies to attack and all it needs to do is have 2:metal: and 1:lightning attached and it OHKOs all mr. mime's then you can go back to Mag Lv.X's attack to KO anything else

But overall mr.mime isnt that bad of a card but its also not that good of a card...

Mr. Mime won't really affect Lanturn/Tentacruel, as it only prevents damage to himself. And, as most people won't bother to play Mime Jr., a Shuckle tech in any grass deck should do the trick.

I told you about Mr Mime from the beginning. It stalls Kingdra and AMU and makes Gliscor win against both. Moonlight Stadium or Unown Q lets him retreat for free.

Shuckle won't do the job because most people won't play special energy except for Call and maybe Multi, and it's no problem to build up a Pokémon without it.

Did you ever consider Shuckle's attack?

http://pokegym.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=31957

Whatever you say, that's good. It can be particularly funny in a Torterra mirror match when you warp point or Magnetic reversal their Sceptile up and poison them. Unless they have warp point/switch on hand, it's a great stall.

What I meant is that Shuckle is a possible counter to that. Only thing that turns off bodies at the moment, right?

Shuckle is NOT a counter against Mr Mime because it needs two energy only to attack, and Mime can easily retreat. If the opponent wastes an attack turn and and at least one energy attachment just to temporary get rid of the Mime stall (even without taking a prize card), Mime has done his job very well.

Shuckle may be a nice tech in grass decks to stall some Pokémon or get rid of glacelock, but imho it doesn't do anything effective against Mime.

My counter to Mr. mime is an infernape with 3 fires attached to it. Yay overkill FTW.

On topic mimeis a very good counter to a lot of decks but it is kinda easy to get around it. Warp point, metagross, energy accel.

Regice LA is the uber tech vs Mime in Kingdra, I would never play without. Better have ~3% chance of a bad start than have autoloss to a single tech card.

btw you can even drop two Mimes if your opponent isn't playing Dusknoir, would be safe against Warp Point, Cyclone and Regice.

Metagross is lol, do you really think every deck has space to add a Metagross line? Build up a stage 2 that can't do anything but use its flippy power and hope for heads?

Anyway, there are two 'old' decks who will really increase in power after rotation - Eeveelutions and Togechomp. Both of them have absolutely no problems with Mr Mime, so it doesn't help against everything.

Great. With call energy and new TMs: amazing.

The thought of it just sitting there searching and/or evolving your setup immune is potentially very dangerous. Or later game after spreading pick apart with TM2 devolving. It even gets Moonlight and alright HP.

Oh, I agree with that. What I was thinking was that the stall would give the deck with Mime an extra 2 turns or so to avoid donk. That's 2 turns to come up with Call, TM1, Roseanne's, or whatever else the deck uses to set up. It's not as reliable as say a Patchirisu start but it's also potentially useful mid game if you need an extra turn or two.

Back