Multi-type pokemon and Net Search.

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by BuddyBoy, Mar 8, 2004.

1. BuddyBoy

BuddyBoy New Member

I was wondering if I use Lenetts Net Search to find three pokemon one of them being Team Magma's Groudon (which is both dark and fighting) do I have to search for two other types of pokemon or is Groundon a different type all together? If you dont under stand my question I will gladly rewrite the question.

2. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Or, does it count for two of your types? Good question.

3. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

Since it says "This pokemon is both F D types" and Lanettes net search says to look for 3 basic pokemon of different types, F and D are 2 seperate types that you use but it only uses one pokemon search

4. Marcello-Milord

Marcello-Milord New Member

I can confirm this while reading the japanese Q&A about MagmavsAqua:

it says:

Q. How does it works "Lanette's Net Search" (ADV2) with Dual-type Pokémon?
    A. You may choose only another type of Pokémon. For example, if you first choose Team Magma's Groudon, it counts as Fighting and Darkness at the same time, you must choose only another 1 type different from Fighting and Darkness.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2004
  5. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Got a link to that Q&A?

6. Marcello-Milord

7. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Marcello-Milord: How do you get the translation?

8. Marcello-Milord

NoPoke: a friend of mine who studies japanese in London :)

9. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

But would it be legal to search for 2 Magma's Groudon's since they count as 2 dif types?

10. Marcello-Milord

You are searching for 4 types, not for 3. So you can search for only 1 other type.

11. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

OK, I think you are overreading this. the card says

1. Search for 3 Basic Pokemon of different types

this means you can search for up to 3 pokemon.

If you would take a multi type, both of those types are eliminated from your other choices.

There is no reason you could not search for Aqua's Kyogre, Dunsparce, and Magnemite with this card, as Aqua's Kyogre does NOT overlap your other two choices.

Until I hear differently, that is the ruling at my gyms.

M45

12. BuddyBoy

BuddyBoy New Member

Who knew one card could cause so much confusion? *slaps head* Oh yeah! Ditto!

13. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Meganium remember it doesn't matter what the card says in English we have to go by the origianal Japanese text

14. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Well, until we hear differently, I'm with Meganium.
    If we have to follow that Japanese ruling, that will be an errata because that is not how the card is worded.

15. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

So until the question is asked and rulled on by PUI you can draw three differently typed pokemon. However the rulling *should* say three types so if you pick a double typed pokemon then you only get to choose one more.

16. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold Active Member

Bottom line until we get a ruling from POP its the judge's decision on how to rule the cards. In my opinion, a magma pokemon would count as both fighting and dark, so you would be able to pick two more pokemon, but neither could be a fighting or a dark type respectively.

17. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Although I agree with Meganium45 on this question, I really think POP will end up going with the Japanese ruling that Marcello pointed out.

That being said, I'm going with Meganium45's interpretation until I hear otherwise. I suppose we'll have a POP answer tonight/tomorrow on this.

BTW, I just read the FakeCard.com spoiler interp for ADV2 and it's clear from that translation that Japan's ruling is WRONG. Here's that translation:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  18. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

So are we going to ASK pui or are we going to keep quiet *grin*?

19. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Got a good ruling on this. Search for three cards, no duplication of type allowed.

20. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member