Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Multi-type pokemon and Net Search.

BuddyBoy

I was wondering if I use Lenetts Net Search to find three pokemon one of them being Team Magma's Groudon (which is both dark and fighting) do I have to search for two other types of pokemon or is Groundon a different type all together? If you dont under stand my question I will gladly rewrite the question.

Since it says "This pokemon is both F D types" and Lanettes net search says to look for 3 basic pokemon of different types, F and D are 2 seperate types that you use but it only uses one pokemon search

Perfect0ne said:
Since it says "This pokemon is both F D types" and Lanettes net search says to look for 3 basic pokemon of different types, F and D are 2 seperate types that you use but it only uses one pokemon search
I can confirm this while reading the japanese Q&A about MagmavsAqua:

it says:

Q. How does it works "Lanette's Net Search" (ADV2) with Dual-type Pokémon?
A. You may choose only another type of Pokémon. For example, if you first choose Team Magma's Groudon, it counts as Fighting and Darkness at the same time, you must choose only another 1 type different from Fighting and Darkness.

Last edited:
Marcello-Milord said:
I can confirm this while reading the japanese Q&A about MagmavsAqua:

it says:

Q. How does it works "Lanette's Net Search" (ADV2) with Dual-type Pokémon?
A. You may choose only another type of Pokémon. For example, if you first choose Team Magma's Groudon, it counts as Fighting and Darkness at the same time, you must choose only another 1 type different from Fighting and Darkness.
Got a link to that Q&A?

OK, I think you are overreading this. the card says

1. Search for 3 Basic Pokemon of different types

this means you can search for up to 3 pokemon.

If you would take a multi type, both of those types are eliminated from your other choices.

There is no reason you could not search for Aqua's Kyogre, Dunsparce, and Magnemite with this card, as Aqua's Kyogre does NOT overlap your other two choices.

Until I hear differently, that is the ruling at my gyms.

M45

Meganium remember it doesn't matter what the card says in English we have to go by the origianal Japanese text

Well, until we hear differently, I'm with Meganium.
If we have to follow that Japanese ruling, that will be an errata because that is not how the card is worded.

POP Floor Rules said:
Card Interpretation
The head judge is the final authority on how a card is interpreted during an event. If a player has a question on how a card (or combination of cards) is supposed to interact, they may ask the head judge before or during the tournament.

Card Interpretation
Tournament judges will base their card rulings and interpretations on a card, based on the event location’s local language. Major tournaments that span multiple countries will default to the original intent and design of Pokémon cards produced in Japan. Pokémon Organized Play will issue card rulings based on that information.

So until the question is asked and rulled on by PUI you can draw three differently typed pokemon. However the rulling *should* say three types so if you pick a double typed pokemon then you only get to choose one more.

Bottom line until we get a ruling from POP its the judge's decision on how to rule the cards. In my opinion, a magma pokemon would count as both fighting and dark, so you would be able to pick two more pokemon, but neither could be a fighting or a dark type respectively.

Although I agree with Meganium45 on this question, I really think POP will end up going with the Japanese ruling that Marcello pointed out.

That being said, I'm going with Meganium45's interpretation until I hear otherwise. I suppose we'll have a POP answer tonight/tomorrow on this.

BTW, I just read the FakeCard.com spoiler interp for ADV2 and it's clear from that translation that Japan's ruling is WRONG. Here's that translation:

Fakecard.com said:
Mayumi's Net Search [TRAINER-Supporter]
Search your deck for up to 3 Basic Pokemon that do not share the same type, show them to your opponent and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
51/53 Uncommon (Ken Sugimori)

Last edited:
Back