Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Multiplayer release date-offical

ticka222

from the shop

Black & White—Dragons Exalted theme deck and booster code redemptions are going to be available on Tuesday, August 21st to coincide with the release of the multiplayer version of the Pokémon TCG Online Windows-Client.

that is not all :smile:

Hello Trainers!

As you can imagine everyone is very excited for the release of not only the Dragons Exalted Expansion but the eventual release of the multiplayer update to the Pokémon TCG Online.

Please understand that although the date for when the Dragons Exalted booster code redemptions will be available has been posted on the shop, there is no official posted date for the release of the Multiplayer update. You will need to remain patient as we work to bring pvp and many other features back online in the Pokémon TCG Online. As stated the plan is to have the release of DE coincide with the release of multiplayer version of the Pokémon TCG Online Windows-Client.

Until a release date for the Pokémon TCG Online multiplayer update has been announced please understand that the release of Dragons Exalted expansion may not fall on the same exact date and time.

Thank you for understanding and thank you for playing the Pokémon TCG Online!

Prof Steel

Forum Mod

we just got owned :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why do big companies always have these issues, while startups manage to get so much done in so little time?

Companies don't commit to things because they don't want to be held responsible for missing their commitments. If they gave you a date, everyone would throw a fit if they missed that date.

Last edited:
Maybe they realized how many angry players there would be if they released it, like they were planning to, with no trade function, and are using the extra week to work on getting that ready.

That's just the optimistic view of course. Most likely half the cards aren't working like they should be.

Honestly I don't mind waiting longer for a better, revamped TCGO without bugs. For me, it's good enough that those guys have taken the effort to work on improving our TCGO experience for the past few months.

I agree with the post above me. People (rightfully) were extremely vocal about any one single bug in the old version of PTCGO. Its no surprise to me that they want to be as sure as possible that they work out all the kinks.

Maybe, but that doesn't change the speed at which they work. Granted, it does give the startup more "excuses" if bugs or issues arise.
Nope. But it does change the perception of speed.

Quick question: How long did Notch work on Minecraft before he started the beta for that? Coding an expandable TCG engine is just as complex.

They're possibly fixing the feedback they got from Worlds last week. Its better delayed a bit to improve the product. Everyone wants it to be a success, give them a chance to make it successful.

Minecraft was one guy. TCGO is a team of fairly well-paid professionals.

Minecraft was in alpha for a year and a half, and in beta for another year and a half. And who knows how long Notch was working on it before the alpha release.

TCGO has had two different developers. The first one was let go some time in winter/spring, if I'm recalling their website correctly. I applied to work for that company after they had finished their work for the original TCGO, but I just don't remember what that company's name was. It was NOT Nintendo.

Basically, consider this download client a completely separate game from the browser-based game. It's been in development no more than 9 months. Most of that has been spent in public beta. It's a pretty darn quick turnaround, especially for a TCG engine.

They're possibly fixing the feedback they got from Worlds last week. Its better delayed a bit to improve the product. Everyone wants it to be a success, give them a chance to make it successful.

Smart, not angry man. I congratulate you on saying something I hope all TCGO players read.

Back