Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Murkrow

Kajo Okira

Ok taking a stab at a question I keep getting asked why not play the new murkrow. I by far think I like the older murkrow better, however would like to see other opinions on this subject as well. Ok now that i have posted this I am done.

I personally like the Murkrow MT better for a Honchkrow deck because his first attack, Swarm for no energy is so needed to get more Murkrow to the bench, unless you run Great Ball or Holon Mentor. If you do not run either of those cards in your Honchkrow deck, I would use the MT Murkrow. The newer Murkrow is best when used with those cards because you can get more Mukrow to your bench and then evolve to Honchkrow in the same turn,

Z

Overall, I do like the MT one better, especially if you're running something with Murkrow. Swarm is an excellent free attack and lets you get specifically Murkrow onto your bench, leaving room for Mentor or Great Ball to fetch something else (Holon Castform, etc). Hide Crowd can also be beneficial, allowing you to switch your active Murkrow (if you've been attaching energies onto it for whatever reason) with either another Murkrow or another Pokemon and lets you use that Murkrow to evolve into Honchkrow next turn.

As for the SW one, I'd only use it if you're running Murkrow only. Being able to evolve the turn you play it is nice, though Feint Attack is redundant as if you get into the Lv X version, he also does Feint Attack for more damange.

Murkrow L.20 is all around better since it assist the deck to obtain a Murkrow swarm fast which is vital in the first few turns and also has a minimal better chance to survive turn two.

well I would rather have the two attacks for one thing on murkrow and ending up with five seperate attacks as opposed to only three attack options...

Um I personally run four murkrow MT :p

Back